This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think of smogon rules?

#21TropiOUsPosted 2/10/2014 1:03:41 PM
WobbuffetGod posted...
Are smogon ruining the metagame?

Still not sure if i know you.
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts.
#22FeathermindPosted 2/10/2014 1:06:03 PM
SpunkySix posted...
WobbuffetGod posted...
Are smogon ruining the metagame?

No, but they ruined Meta Knight. They're the reason he's so OP, secretly.

Ok, this made me laugh. ^_^

For some reason I always think of him when topics like this come up.
#23massifbeefPosted 2/10/2014 1:09:38 PM
TropiOUs posted...
Loshadt posted...
TropiOUs posted...
There is no point in discussing mons with no use in OU when OU is the only tier atm. And no, beating low ladder players/kids using their ingame teams doesn't make them viable.

Obviously you've never seen Kecleon in action then. Fantastic special defense, protean, a massive phsyical movepool to take advantage of it, reliable recovery, and access to multiple forms of priority in the form of Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch. Not to mention he has Snatch which can shutdown attempts at setting up or recovering.

Obviously you've never played someone smarter than a rock.

This right here is why I don't like Smogon's community. The rules are fine, some things should indeed be banned or limited, but that type of response right there is what makes me mad.
---
My signature? I'd be happy to... NOT TELL YOU!
FC: 2165-5608-6960 Safari: Garbodor, Seviper, Whirlipede
#24TropiOUsPosted 2/10/2014 1:10:55 PM
massifbeef posted...
TropiOUs posted...
Loshadt posted...
TropiOUs posted...
There is no point in discussing mons with no use in OU when OU is the only tier atm. And no, beating low ladder players/kids using their ingame teams doesn't make them viable.

Obviously you've never seen Kecleon in action then. Fantastic special defense, protean, a massive phsyical movepool to take advantage of it, reliable recovery, and access to multiple forms of priority in the form of Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch. Not to mention he has Snatch which can shutdown attempts at setting up or recovering.

This right here is why I don't like Smogon's community. The rules are fine, some things should indeed be banned or limited, but that type of response right there is what makes me mad.

You didn't know the truth hurts? Well, you do now.
---
#25zelionxPosted 2/10/2014 1:11:55 PM
Smogon rules? For the most part they're fine.

Now so I like the smogon community? HELL no.
---
FC: 5412-9925-4803
IGN: Justin
#26Pupu27Posted 2/10/2014 1:12:21 PM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
*sigh*

If people don't wanna play by smogon that's totally fine, but don't come crying when your entire team loses to a sporing breloom lmao.

The first time I encountered a poison heal Breloom my entire team got wiped out. I didn't cry however, I learnt from these experience and build teams to both abuse and counter spore.

Smogon's people won't have the ability to learn like I did.
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
FC: 1048-8565-3189 - Safari: Oddish, Petilil, and Quilladin
#27massifbeefPosted 2/10/2014 1:13:04 PM
TropiOUs posted...
massifbeef posted...
TropiOUs posted...
Loshadt posted...
TropiOUs posted...

You didn't know the truth hurts? Well, you do now.

It doesn't mean you have to act like a jacka** about it. Maybe someone found a niche for a certain Pokemon, but the Smogon Community is too ignorant and full of themselves too listen.
---
My signature? I'd be happy to... NOT TELL YOU!
FC: 2165-5608-6960 Safari: Garbodor, Seviper, Whirlipede
#28deidara21Posted 2/10/2014 1:13:16 PM
I like their rules. They work, however, I don't agree with some of the things they try to do. Could you believe they tried banning Knock off from UU.
---
I've seen it sitting in there, lazy, slothful, porcelain layabout feeding on other people's doo-doos while contributing nothing of its own to society!
#29TropiOUsPosted 2/10/2014 1:17:30 PM

It doesn't mean you have to act like a jacka** about it. Maybe someone found a niche for a certain Pokemon, but the Smogon Community is too ignorant and full of themselves too listen.

There is a difference between something like Gastrodon last gen and something that is easily walled and revenge killed like OU protean Kecleon.
---
#30runarrawPosted 2/10/2014 1:28:38 PM
"Smogon are the snobs of the pokemon community"
---
I need to learn to not hoard things.
the lack of proper sorting drives me nuts!