This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this strategy good for klefki?

#1Real_ZaberzPosted 2/11/2014 6:24:01 AM
Klefki @Light clay
Ability:Prankster
252 Def/252 S.Def/4 HP
-Swagger
-Foul Play
-Reflect
-Light screen

So..this is basically the get out there pokemon,mostly used to annoy people.

I have 252 in defenses just to survive hits and 4 in hp. Now..Klefki has low speed but prankster makes up for that.

I set up a reflect and a light screen for less damage taken and continue to use swagger and foul play combo (does a lot of damage lol)

Swagger is purely based on luck,either get hit or hit yourself(though reflect helps here a lot).

What do you think about this strategy?I think if I set up like 3 swaggers and send out a offensive dark pokemon like Malamar it could basically 1HKO(especially for physical sweepers)
#2King_of_FlanPosted 2/11/2014 6:38:37 AM
Pretty much what I do, except I trade Swagger for Spikes. I like Sash breakers.
---
|{1n6_0f_F|4n
3DS FC: 0061-0713-5038
#3FryDays5000Posted 2/11/2014 6:55:58 AM
Klefkei needs a sub if it going to Swagger+Foul Play. Its much safer.
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC: 0645-6947-9076 Steel Safari:Ferroseed,Fortress, and Klefki
#4MogKnightAzurePosted 2/11/2014 7:08:35 AM
I'd drop Swagger for either Sub/Spikes. You could also consider eject button over light clay to give your pokemon a free switch in after you put a wall up on the same turn.

But sub is pretty important with priority. It will help you scout what your opponent is gonna try to do to you and prevent them from screwing you up with status, making it easy to pick the right wall to put up. If you really want to run swagger you're better off going full hax with twave/sub/swag.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#5kazooie959Posted 2/11/2014 7:14:41 AM
Yum. Another tasty opponent for my Magnezone to destroy... Please keep making more Klefki for me to break. Your rage quits sustain me.

Sorry I couldn't resist
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!
Poke Balls. Don't leave home without them.
#6MogKnightAzurePosted 2/11/2014 7:21:42 AM
kazooie959 posted...
Yum. Another tasty opponent for my Magnezone to destroy... Please keep making more Klefki for me to break. Your rage quits sustain me.

Sorry I couldn't resist

Another case to support the eject button I mentioned earlier.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#7kclaujamesPosted 2/11/2014 7:22:47 AM
Real_Zaberz posted...
Klefki @Light clay
Ability:Prankster
252 Def/252 S.Def/4 HP
-Swagger
-Foul Play
-Reflect
-Light screen

So..this is basically the get out there pokemon,mostly used to annoy people.

I have 252 in defenses just to survive hits and 4 in hp. Now..Klefki has low speed but prankster makes up for that.

I set up a reflect and a light screen for less damage taken and continue to use swagger and foul play combo (does a lot of damage lol)

Swagger is purely based on luck,either get hit or hit yourself(though reflect helps here a lot).

What do you think about this strategy?I think if I set up like 3 swaggers and send out a offensive dark pokemon like Malamar it could basically 1HKO(especially for physical sweepers)

Exactly the same as my moveset, except I invest in HP and Defense.
---
Pokemon XY Friend Safari Type: Fairy
Pokemon: Swirlix, Togepi, Floette FC: 2509 2175 4600
#8kazooie959Posted 2/11/2014 7:29:00 AM
MogKnightAzure posted...
kazooie959 posted...

Sorry I couldn't resist

Wouldn't work. HP Fire isn't a physical contact move...
---
#9MogKnightAzurePosted 2/11/2014 7:30:52 AM
kazooie959 posted...
MogKnightAzure posted...
kazooie959 posted...

Sorry I couldn't resist

Eject Button does not require the user is hit by a contact move. Just that it is hit at all.
---
#10kazooie959Posted 2/11/2014 7:33:21 AM
MogKnightAzure posted...
kazooie959 posted...
MogKnightAzure posted...
kazooie959 posted...

Sorry I couldn't resist

Eject Button does not require the user is hit by a contact move. Just that it is hit at all.

Huh I thought it was physical contact.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/ejectbutton.shtml

Curse your lies Serebii!
---