This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

posting my competitive team rate it

#51pushstart89Posted 2/11/2014 4:23:38 PM
You seem quite defensive TC, maybe incorporate that aspect of yourself into your team building to balance it with at least one more defensive Pokémon of choice? You don't have a single taunt, aromatherapy etc user to deal with those will o wisps & other status moves that could cripple your offensive. A smart trainer/wind up artist with a good stall/Prankster team shall cause you hair loss...
---
fc: 1864-9737-5900/ Nintendo id: Pushstart89/ Pokemon X ign: IREDIA
#52shadowreaper7Posted 2/11/2014 4:25:24 PM
Firstly, your team is obviously offensively orientated. But it can get crippled almost immediately by any opponent with a Trickroom lead. Eviolite Porygon2 is pretty nice (ice/electric coverage) iirc won't die to Banded 252 close combat.
Alternatively, elemental punch, shadow sneak dusclops.

Once room is up. Preferably against the bird, you can let the user die (leaving 3 turns of TR and a free switch-in) by firing pot shots. Or make an educated switch.

If the Trickroom team has a Sturdy mon and you haven't hit him already (as you don't have rocks) you can say good-bye to a few members of your team allowing an easier clean-up.

Aggron (for example) under Trickroom tanks like a pro, with rockslide hitting 3 for at least 2x. Ice punch killing Latias. Fire punch, super power, aqua tail or Earthquake shredding Excadril, with rotom-w being the only arguable counter/pokemon not hit hard by anything with rock coverage.

Trick-room will cause you problems when it goes up.

You can't switch... at all. A phaser with Dragon tail (once rocks are up) really annoys your team. And red card users will p*** you off further.
Milotic (burned or sleeping) can cause you problems because of this as you just won't bust that marvel scale defense with recover/resttalk and dragon tail swapping you out every time. Even if excadrill tries to get rid of the rocks, it won't like scald/hydro-pump.
"Thats why i have rotom" Great you swap in Rotom. I swap in Rotom-w counter. Back to square 1 until you have to bring in excadrill to get rid of the rocks (lest he's dead) or start using the gimmicky latias to wish pass.

Current problems:
Trick room
Phasers (w/rocks)
Intimidate voltturn teams w/physical tanks.

Still a very good team of HO. Only got the common HO weaknesses.
---
3DS FC: 2578 - 3653 - 3599
Don't fear the Reaper!
#53gamepimp12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 6:16:30 PM
See now those are actual problems to this team

I handle trick room better then most cause my team is so priority based but yeah a good one leaves me with an uphill battle

I'm not really scared of phasers most lack viable recovery and I run 2 spinners exactly for situations like that

Yeah now with those I'm totally f***ed I mega manectric is normally gg for me and I haven't found a way to fix that without giving something up
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#54DarkDragon386Posted 2/11/2014 6:20:33 PM
Still a very good team of HO. Only got the common HO weaknesses.

I'm usually pretty good with competitive acronyms, but what's HO? Hyper offense.

And to the one poster who suggested Wailord being a threat, I'm sorry but Wailord is most likely not a threat at all.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#55TropiOUsPosted 2/11/2014 6:21:48 PM
gamepimp12 posted...
Keldonis posted...
galpal1987 posted...
I had a second look again. It doesn't make sense that your team seem to carry duplicates of moves?

Doesn't seem to have anything against fairies.

Also I'm quite sure a scarfed garchomp can take down your team a fair bit as well.

Agreed.

TC could also run Crobat (if he wants to maintain his flying offensive type) It's fast, great scout/taunter/defoger has Brave Bird and Poison STAB for Fairies.

Not sure who he'd replace though. Have to be Raptor or T-flame and they both are pretty beast. (Raptor for pure power and T-flame for weakening+ priority)

Why do I care about fairies

I'm late but you shouldn't care. Fairies are never a threat.
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts.
#56LontaBeansPosted 2/11/2014 6:22:40 PM
gamepimp12 posted...
Alexlightning77 posted...
full HP & sp attack EVed atleast 2iv wailord= some dead pokémon
icebeam would take any flying types (other than talonflame)
water pulse/ water sput (if full hp somehow)= dead talonflame & excadrill
only weakness wailord has is rotoms Volt switch, but rotoms dead if the wailord switches into a dragon type & rotoms the last pokemon

good luck with your team though

Wrong

He's right, I don't get why you have to be so negative...? We're just here to help.
---
3DS FC: 1289-8495-8484 | IGN: Lonta | Retired PokeCloner, PM me if you want clones, I might do it.
Playing) BDFF, X/Y, ACNL, ALBW |
#57TropiOUsPosted 2/11/2014 6:27:17 PM
LontaBeans posted...
gamepimp12 posted...
Alexlightning77 posted...
full HP & sp attack EVed atleast 2iv wailord= some dead pokémon
icebeam would take any flying types (other than talonflame)
water pulse/ water sput (if full hp somehow)= dead talonflame & excadrill
only weakness wailord has is rotoms Volt switch, but rotoms dead if the wailord switches into a dragon type & rotoms the last pokemon

good luck with your team though

Wrong

He's right, I don't get why you have to be so negative...? We're just here to help.

Because Wailord is bad and outclassed by a lot of pokemon.
Real threats to this team: Mega Tyranitar, Thundurus, Mamoswine and others I'm too lazy to find.
Not threats:pretty much everything else mentioned itt.
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts.
#58PTDemonspankerPosted 2/13/2014 7:47:35 AM
I'd probably swap out the Air Balloon for a Chople Berry on your Excadrill. Every other Pokemon on your team is already immune to Ground.