This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst Evolution Method

#31TropiOUsPosted 2/12/2014 12:01:29 AM
Nice to see trade evolution is winning this.
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts.
#32StevenDrkPrincePosted 2/12/2014 12:02:13 AM
I picked Weather/Location Evolution, the reason I didn't pick Trade Evolution is because I have multiple 3DS' and I always get both versions.
---
3DS FC: 4296-3067-2375 - $teven from Kalos
I'm The Dark Prince. "The past is far behind us, the future doesn't exist."
#33Hi-Ho-Diddly-DoPosted 2/12/2014 12:05:03 AM
hydra dragon posted...
isn't every trade evo since gen 1 have to have held items?

Nope! Gurdurr, Boldore, Pumpkaboo, and Phantump don't need any item, and Karrablast and Shelmet use a different (but even more inconvenient) system.
#34Shigmiya64Posted 2/12/2014 12:09:12 AM
Dembonez19 posted...
davidledsma posted...
Knowing X move evolution. Why the f*** would I give Aipom Double Hit?

Are you kidding? Double Hit is one of Technician Ambipom's best moves.

Isn't Return better? And anyway, why would you have a goddamn Ambipom in the first place.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
My 3DS Friend Code: 0705 - 3328 - 1003
#35MasterDarkenPosted 2/12/2014 12:16:13 AM
Trade evolutions are like religious fanatics: As much as we hate them, they aren't going anywhere and there isn't anything we can do about it.

By the way, have your heard the good word of our Lord and Savior Shigeru Miyamoto?
#36rocky505Posted 2/12/2014 12:16:27 AM
If you don't have 2 systems and 2 games then Trade Evos are the worst. But if you do then I say Stone evolutions, especially when you have already used all of them up in the games and the only way to get more is to get lucky(dusk stone in XY for example)
#37ExcaliburPosted 2/12/2014 12:17:40 AM
TRADE EVOLUTION

It doesn't even make sense. The entire point of it is to trade away your Pokemon only to have it traded right back to you. It is literally only saying "yep, I have the ability to trade with people" while also screwing over the people that DON'T have anyone to trade with.

What's that? You don't want to actually use the Pokemon in question and are only going for dex completion? Well that's too bad, because you'll never know the joys of Gengar or Alakazam. Or I suppose you could just receive some random Haunter or Kadabra and hope it just happens to have the stats and moves you actually want it to have!

TRADE EVOS ARE DUMB
---
A barrel roll would be unnecessary and dangerous.
#38NejiHyuga900Posted 2/12/2014 12:18:48 AM
Trade evolutions because in the earlier games, you would need 2 Game Boy/Color/Advance and multiple versions.
---
Xbox/Windows Gamertag & NNID: TDPNeji | Steam ID & PSN: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#39Zelda_AranPosted 2/12/2014 12:21:45 AM
TheCorruptAngel posted...
I would've thought Friendship Evolutions would get more hate due to how much people despise baby Pokémon (myself included), thus making them necessary during breeding while slowing the process down immensely.

It's a close 2nd to trade evolutions. Trade evolutions are easier now than in the past, but they were a pain in the older days. Especially the "trade with held item", when some of those items were one time use.
---
"Oh, was that a bit too much?"-Raine Sage, ToS
"Two men enter, one man leaves"-Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
#40MewonePosted 2/12/2014 12:24:43 AM
I loathe trade evolution. Of course, I also hate Friend Safari. Stop forcing the social networking thing so hard.
---
such sig, very meme