This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst Evolution Method

#81Hi-Ho-Diddly-DoPosted 2/12/2014 9:06:14 AM
Safer_777 posted...
Why people put trades as the worst? That is the spirit of Pokemon games. To interact with other people. Why play Pokemon if not to interact with other people? For me Friendship ones are the worst. You have to give vitamins and then equip soothe bell and just run around. For trades you just find a guy and you trade and then they trade you back. Easy and well everyone helps with that usually.

The issue for me is that trade evolutions are inconvenient even if you do know other people who personally have the game; for example, my brother has X and I have Y. I trade with him for exclusives, for exclusive stones (Clever idea to have Manectrite and Tyranitarite as version exclusives), for good Pokemon I received, and for other random things (like I traded his Charizard when he was still doing the single-player to teach it Dragon Claw and Flare Blitz by move relearner because he hadn't quite reached that city, or when he traded me a Tyrunt to breed Stealth Rock onto some things).

But it's always inconvenient having to trade a Pokemon back and forth just to evolve it. It's not hard, it's just annoying.
#82JustinTheJaggedPosted 2/12/2014 9:07:46 AM
Safer_777 posted...
Why people put trades as the worst? That is the spirit of Pokemon games. To interact with other people. Why play Pokemon if not to interact with other people? For me Friendship ones are the worst. You have to give vitamins and then equip soothe bell and just run around. For trades you just find a guy and you trade and then they trade you back. Easy and well everyone helps with that usually.

I have no problem with trading, it's just trading to evolve something I want to keep that I hate. I was never able to get any friends that played pokemon, and there is no way in hell I'm trusting a random on the internet to trade evolve something I just spent hours breeding.
---
Gamer for life, 32 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#83CakeOfLiesPosted 2/12/2014 9:08:32 AM
Friendship. It's so annoying for people like me to evolve Budew and Riolu because they require high friendship during the day. I don't get a lot of time to play during the daytime, so these evolutions are always hard for me.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#84RoyMaster4Posted 2/12/2014 9:09:37 AM
Karrablast + Shelmet
Tyrogue

These are the 2 best answers. For casual play the Karrablast one is the worst, but for competitive Tyrogue is the worst.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
3DS FC: 5026-4428-6076
#85Terraforce777Posted 2/12/2014 9:27:46 AM
I chose the Tango/Upside Down method, but is it true some Pokemon has to evolve whilst the user does the tango???

Imagine doing that in public/the workplace lol.
---
---
People these days...
#86AuraWielderPosted 2/12/2014 9:47:49 AM
I can understand why trade evolution is the highest, but it has NEVER been an issue for me. My sister and I always get opposite versions since we both love Pokemon, and trading for us is very quick and convenient.

I, however, voted stat evolution. I remember that when playing Diamond for the first time (my first Pokemon game, fyi), I saw Cynthia with a Milotic and that I REALLY wanted it. I didn't know how to get one, so I looked it up. Given how ridiculous catching Feebas in Mt. Coronet already is, combined with the strict requirement of maxing its' beauty (and I didn't care for contests/Poffin cooking), and I was immediately turned off from raising one. It wasn't until Gen 5 introduced the Prism Scale (and made Feebas significantly easier to find) that I finally decided to raise one.
---
I'm a Christian, and proud of it.
3DS FC: 2363 - 6821 - 1127
#87TheCorruptAngel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 10:20:16 AM
Terraforce777 posted...
I chose the Tango/Upside Down method, but is it true some Pokemon has to evolve whilst the user does the tango???

Imagine doing that in public/the workplace lol.
---

Nope, interface evolution seems to be a new thing with just turning the 3DS upside down.

I know trade evolutions can be annoying, but I personally never had a problem with it since I just trade with my friends to do so. I've always been more annoyed at the other options, myself.

In the GB and GBC days though, I can definitely see why it'd be so annoying since nobody really had a link cable.
---
Your words are as empty as your signature!
What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets!
#88ZacharorPosted 2/12/2014 10:37:58 AM
Trade evo's were annoying back in the day when you needed a cable, and knew people who were actually willing to trade. I had the cable, but no-one willing to trade with me (they all had someone else, so I always ended up excluded...). With the advent of internet trading, that's far less of an issue, and now I actually know people who aren't pricks, because we're all "mature" adults now.

Stones, and hold items, are annoying when they're in limited supply. Often there are ways to get more these days, but the methods are often rather convoluted and gimmicky, or rely on luck.

Wurmple and Tyrogue are big candidates. Too much randomness with little to no control as to what they'll evolve into. At least with Tyrogue you could guess and I believe manipulate a little. Getting his stats dead on for Hitmontop though...*cringe*

I really don't like evolution methods that force me to use features I do not wish to use. Feebas was like that back in the day, until they wised up and gave us the Prism Scale in later gens. I had no interest in contests or making pokeblocks and such. Doing so was a hassle. Sylveon is the same for me this generation. I do not wish to use Pokemon-Amie. If I wanted to play a virtual-pet-style game like Nintendogs, I would go and play Nintendogs. Not some franchised knock-off. Tying evolution into it to force me to play it is a cheap trick. This is probably what ultimately gets my vote.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4184-3015-4687
Friend Safari: Bug - Combee, Masquerain, Pinsir
#89dj4242Posted 2/12/2014 10:38:37 AM
xmanny posted...
Trade evolutions were a nightmare back in the RB/Y days. Who the hell owned a link cable?

Me. >_>
#90ActionButlerPosted 2/12/2014 10:45:50 AM
Trade evolution doesn't even make sense considering that every NPC in the game prattles on and on about bonding with your team and lifelong friendship.
---
3DS FC - 0232-9323-9187