This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gotta love how this works. (Fire and Rock)

#21Pervert_KuhnPosted 2/12/2014 11:20:06 AM
DrunkenPilot72 posted...
Arcanine doesn't mind being a mono fire type. He has good stats, a great ability, and an excellent movepool which allows him to threaten every type in the game so long as he has the speed advantage. He is pretty useable in singles but really shines in doubles.

Can anyone think of a good mono rock type?

Well, there's only 4 fully evolved mono rock types to choose from (and they're all NU), so...
---
My Let's Play Channe (Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOokamiDen
3DS FC: 4768-7650-8206
#22DrunkenPilot72Posted 2/12/2014 11:28:19 AM
Pervert_Kuhn posted...
DrunkenPilot72 posted...
Arcanine doesn't mind being a mono fire type. He has good stats, a great ability, and an excellent movepool which allows him to threaten every type in the game so long as he has the speed advantage. He is pretty useable in singles but really shines in doubles.

Well, there's only 4 fully evolved mono rock types to choose from (and they're all NU), so...

Well that certainly doesn't help their case then. Now that I think about it, just how many types have a great mono type pokemon? Most of the poster pokemon for competitive play are dual type. Off of the top of my head I know water, psychic, electric, and fighting have formidable mono type pokemon.

Also can't believe this wasn't brought up earlier but...Ninetales.
---
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095, IGN: Y, Normal Safari: Chansey, Teddiursa, Minccino
#233DSRecPosted 2/12/2014 11:30:59 AM
Windyligth posted...
Also, wtf is so bad about being a fire type?

Every other thing in the game has stone edge and EQ.
---
3DS: 0602-6260-1153. IGN Aggression. Pokemon Safari: Boldore, Shuckle, and Onix
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AggressionSsbb
#24DarkDragon386Posted 2/12/2014 11:40:30 AM
DrunkenPilot72 posted...
Pervert_Kuhn posted...
DrunkenPilot72 posted...

Well that certainly doesn't help their case then. Now that I think about it, just how many types have a great mono type pokemon? Most of the poster pokemon for competitive play are dual type. Off of the top of my head I know water, psychic, electric, and fighting have formidable mono type pokemon.

Also can't believe this wasn't brought up earlier but...Ninetales.

Mono types usually suck, bar a select few.

3DSRec posted...
Windyligth posted...
Also, wtf is so bad about being a fire type?

Every other thing in the game has stone edge and EQ.

But, to be honest, Earthquake and stone edge Pokemon are easy as hell to forecast. I mean, the only truly notable non rock/ground types to run either are ZardX, Blaziken, Gyarados, and maybe a few others.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#25Don_of_BladesPosted 2/12/2014 11:41:41 AM
DrunkenPilot72 posted...

Gigalith in a trick room team.
---
Rena~
1779-0713-6090 SV-3219