This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Parfum Palace Mystery (kind of new discovery).

#1ppmemoPosted 2/12/2014 6:43:21 PM
Sorry in advance for the long post, but if you are interested in this mystery I highly recommend you to read my findings.

Ok guys, so I have secretly been fascinated by the possible mystery that surrounds Parfum's Palace Garden since I bought the games.

I have read all about which Pokemon might be used if there is indeed something to uncover there. I think we all agree now on the following:

1. There's a statue of Zekrom and Reshiram in the garden.
2. 6 Pokeballs surrounding the garden hinting at a specific Pokemon party.
3. The hedge mazes that we do know about are: Solrock (upper right), Chandelure (bottom left) and Male Pyroar (bottom right).
4. The gardener says a King ruled to view the garden at a specific time (we don't know the time yet).
5. We have no clue about the upper left hedge maze, some have hinted: Bronzor/Bronzong, Cryogonal, Mega Tyranitar, Bastiodon, Furfrou with a special haircut and Lunatone as possilbe candidates, even Entei has been proposed a couple of times.
6. Parfum Palace is based of

NOW HERE IS WHERE IT GET'S INTERESTING...

Something I totally forgot and slipped my mind since I don't know french: when I visited Versailles Palace last year I remember the grand majority of gardens and fountains had a name relating to royalty, objects and even greek gods.

It so happens that if you get a sky view of Versailles Palace from Google Maps you can get the names of such sections of the gardens. Here are my findings:

1. Upper Right Hedge Maze in Versailles is called "Bosquet de L'obelisque", which roughly translate to the Obelisk Grove: as some of you might know an obelisk is said to resemble a petrified ray of the sun-disk (Wikipedia) = Solrock
2. Bottom Right Hedge Maze in Versailles is called "Bosquet de L'étoile", which roughly translates to the Star's Grove: now this is a little Farfetch'd but doesn't a male Pyroar's mane resemble to a Star, plus it is the Royal Pokemon after all.
3. If you do not consider "Bosquet du Dauphin" or Dolphin's Grove which is next to Bosquet de l'étoile in the bottom part, then the following section is called "Bosquet de la Girandole", which roughly translates to the Chandelier's Grove = Chandelure.

AND HERE IS WHERE IT GETS TRICKY AND I NEED YOUR HELP...

For the last hedge maze we have the next candidates:

1. On the Upper left section of Versailles we have some spots named "La Colonnade" or the Colonnade which is a structure built with a long sequence of columns (can't think of a Pokemon that resembles to this).
2. "Salle des Maronniérs" or the Chestnut Room (can't think of anything either except for Chespin and I don't think the little guy is the one we are looking for).
3. "Jardin du Roi" or Garden of the King (maybe a certain Pokemon holding a King's Rock or one that looks like a King).
4. There's a place a little bit south called "Bassin du Miroir" or Mirror Fountain = Bronzor (look at the Pokedex description).
5. And right in the middle of La Colonnade and Bosquet de l'obelisque we have: Bosquet de l'encelade, which translates to Grove of Enceladus, which aside from being a mythical character is also one of Saturn's moons: Lunatone
6. And finally, "Bosquet des Dômes" or Grove of the Domes = Heatran, the Lava Dome Pokemon.

I've got all of the Pokemon now and I've made tests with Bronzor, Lunatone and Heatran, as well as tests with and without Zekrom and Reshiram in different order. Hope this helps someone else who also hasn't slept to well (like me), since it knew of this possible mystery. Of course I also hope for it to be a mystery, but that's exactly why I need your help.

Happy hunting everybody!
---
3DS Friend Code: 5069-4038-9443
Friend Safari: Ice Type
#2Meta289Posted 2/12/2014 6:45:37 PM
"It's a white rock."
---
Is here to ruin the party
Mighty No. 37862
#3PrettyTonyTigerPosted 2/12/2014 6:47:03 PM
I remember there was a huge thread about the hedges some time ago lol

Idk what they ever found out though.
---
She turns around like a tornado!!
#4ppmemo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 6:49:52 PM
Meta289 posted...
"It's a white rock."

Didn't understand your post, would you please elaborate?
---
#5ppmemo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 6:50:52 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...

Yes, there are several threads scattered around the internet on different sites and even some random videos on YouTube talking about it... Still, nothing...
---
#6Meta289Posted 2/12/2014 6:51:31 PM
ppmemo posted...
Meta289 posted...
"It's a white rock."

In Mossdeep City in Gen 3, there was a white rock that, when talked to, would bring up a text box saying that it's a white rock. People were all over this, trying to figure out what it meant or did. It did absolutely nothing.
---
Is here to ruin the party
Mighty No. 37862
#7Morningstar1337Posted 2/12/2014 6:56:01 PM
I though the mystery was about the Unovan kings and the Parfum Palace, not the hedge mazes.

I think that the bottom left might be ether a new pokemon (or a beta thereof) found in gen 7, or a red herring.
---
PSN: Morningstar108
3DS (subject to change):4098-4224-1908
#8ppmemo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 6:56:21 PM
Meta289 posted...
ppmemo posted...
Meta289 posted...
"It's a white rock."

In Mossdeep City in Gen 3, there was a white rock that, when talked to, would bring up a text box saying that it's a white rock. People were all over this, trying to figure out what it meant or did. It did absolutely nothing.

Oh yeah! I remember now! I never really cared about that white rock, guess I was too young and naive at that time...
---
#9Missingno_MastrPosted 2/12/2014 7:00:04 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...

I remember that! Nobody actually found anything out, though, as far as I'm aware, anyway.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/
#10CubeTheLwNoobPosted 2/12/2014 7:00:36 PM
For the long sequence of columns, id say Gurrdurr. He is holding 2 columns
---
FC: 0018-1655-7226 Safari type : Psychic - Sigilyph Xatu Abra
Pokemon Y IGN: Cube