This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ATTN: Mono-Type Team Trainers

#1deoxyscyclonePosted 2/12/2014 11:19:09 PM
Hallo, peoples! I've gotten a bit curious regarding Mono-Type Teams, so I thought to ask people who use them...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
What are your Mono-Type Teams? Why did you choose that Type, and those Pokemon?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I actually want to hear the differing thoughts and opinions regarding these... I mean, what is so great about Mono-Type teams is that there are so many Dual-Types that a single common weakness is easy to get around!

If your Water Team is scared of Electric and Grass, you have Pokemon like Swampert and Tentacruel to take care of that. Got a Bug Team that doesn't appreciate a bit of heat? Volcarona and Crustle have got your back.

So, what do YOU use, or plan/want to use?
---
3DS FC: 5112-3533-9935 ~ Pokemon XY Name: Beta ~ (Cascoon, Ariados, Whirlipede)
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#2omgitsjustmePosted 2/12/2014 11:20:46 PM
I slap a bunch of fairies and hope for the best

It works
---
3DS: 3540-0561-8788
Bug Safari. I'd list the mons but I forgot
#3RatheVPosted 2/12/2014 11:23:03 PM
Hi!

I'm the MGM League's Ice-Type Gym Leader. My team varies depending on the format, but for Smogon OU Monotype, here's what I run:

Thanks, (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SAtk / 228 HP
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Shard

Cold Bacon (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Ice-9 (Froslass) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

MyHeartWillGoOn (Avalugg) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Larpas (Lapras) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SAtk / 248 SDef
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Toxic

Frostitute (Jynx) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Heal Bell
- Trick

Not really good at explaining things, so if you're curious about why I'm using what i use, just ask!

For the record, I was picked to be the water-type user for a campus monotype tournament, but switched with one of my friends to become Ice type.
#4FroakieblokePosted 2/12/2014 11:24:13 PM
If it counts, I do a lot of monotype showdown battles..

What I like about it is that a team might have an outright disadvantage to another, but the battle won't always end in their favour. You have to build a team in which many Pokemon will share a weakness. Take Swampert- he's good for taking all the electric moves directed towards the other Pokemon, but you'll have trouble switching in something for his Grass weakness.

I use a Swampert, but my best team is my dark team. Everyone sets up Swords Dance against Umbreon, only to die in one Foul Play.. Good times.
---
I despise Justy the Pre Gym Leader.
In Spain, they have evening classes for prostitution. One wonders how you pass the exam.
#5deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 11:25:20 PM
RatheV posted...
Hi!

I'm the MGM League's Ice-Type Gym Leader. My team varies depending on the format, but for Smogon OU Monotype, here's what I run:

[...]

Not really good at explaining things, so if you're curious about why I'm using what i use, just ask!

For the record, I was picked to be the water-type user for a campus monotype tournament, but switched with one of my friends to become Ice type.

Awesome! :D I was actually hoping that a few of you guys would reply here, and this is great! Ice Types are some of my favorite~ :D

Props on Froslass and Avalugg~ <3 And omg Jynx's nickname. xD
---
#6hodelinoPosted 2/12/2014 11:26:12 PM
I have a Mono-Type Water Team.

Water-Type is my favorite Type since Gen1 (I choose Squirtle). Most of the times they are Bulky but sometimes also versatile and fast like Starmie (Favorite Pokemon). The type only has 2 Weaknesses (Grass and Electric) which can be covered fast. I just need a Pokemon to set up Rain.
---
Pokemon X! FC: 4081-6243-4839
F***ing - Daemonscharm
#7deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 11:26:35 PM
Froakiebloke posted...

What I like about it is that a team might have an outright disadvantage to another, but the battle won't always end in their favour. You have to build a team in which many Pokemon will share a weakness. Take Swampert- he's good for taking all the electric moves directed towards the other Pokemon, but you'll have trouble switching in something for his Grass weakness.

I use a Swampert, but my best team is my dark team. Everyone sets up Swords Dance against Umbreon, only to die in one Foul Play.. Good times.

Yeah, that's exactly true. You have to play strategically, and think a little differently when using a mono team.

Also Umbreon FTW~! I love that little guy... He rocks!
---
#8FroakieblokePosted 2/12/2014 11:29:12 PM
deoxyscyclone posted...
Froakiebloke posted...

Yeah, that's exactly true. You have to play strategically, and think a little differently when using a mono team.

Indeed he does rock, regardless of what Pokemon Colosseum might make you think. One time I swept half an entire bug team with Umbreon. You don't see that in OU.
---
I despise Justy the Pre Gym Leader.
In Spain, they have evening classes for prostitution. One wonders how you pass the exam.
#9RatheVPosted 2/12/2014 11:30:47 PM
deoxyscyclone posted...

Awesome! :D I was actually hoping that a few of you guys would reply here, and this is great! Ice Types are some of my favorite~ :D

Props on Froslass and Avalugg~ <3 And omg Jynx's nickname. xD

I thought Jynx's nickname was original, but apparently some popular youtuber already used it >_>

Avalugg is the berg that holds this whole damn team together. He can take almost any physical move, and I can generally spam recover until they kill themselves or switch out.

Lapras holds up pretty well on the special side of things. I've considered Cryogonal as a speciall wall, too, but Lapras can just tank anything Charizard Y can throw at it, and ususally I catch them off guard by switching back into Abomasnow when they try to solar beam.

And Froslass is really great because I typically lead with it, and it lets me determine right away how good my opponent is and how much I should predict, depending on if they seem to know about destiny bond and if they try to get around it with status moves and such.
#10deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 11:32:09 PM
hodelino posted...
I have a Mono-Type Water Team.

Water-Type is my favorite Type since Gen1 (I choose Squirtle). Most of the times they are Bulky but sometimes also versatile and fast like Starmie (Favorite Pokemon). The type only has 2 Weaknesses (Grass and Electric) which can be covered fast. I just need a Pokemon to set up Rain.

Yeah, thanks to the earlier Generations giving us an ocean's worth of Water-Types, there are so many to choose from. Definitely a fun Type to use, and one I would enjoy making a team with! :D

Froakiebloke posted...
deoxyscyclone posted...
Froakiebloke posted...

Indeed he does rock, regardless of what Pokemon Colosseum might make you think. One time I swept half an entire bug team with Umbreon. You don't see that in OU.

Wow, I'll admit that is pretty darn impressive... Reminds me of my recent Sableye sweep.

Umbreon will remain my favorite Eeveelution of all-time, with Espeon and Vaporeon not far behind.
---