This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ATTN: Mono-Type Team Trainers

#11omgitsjustmePosted 2/13/2014 12:33:51 AM
I mean, Haydunn's been using frostitute since gen 4 >.>
---
3DS: 3540-0561-8788
Bug Safari. I'd list the mons but I forgot
#12deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 12:36:10 AM(edited)
RatheV posted...
deoxyscyclone posted...

Awesome! :D I was actually hoping that a few of you guys would reply here, and this is great! Ice Types are some of my favorite~ :D

Props on Froslass and Avalugg~ <3 And omg Jynx's nickname. xD

I thought Jynx's nickname was original, but apparently some popular youtuber already used it >_>

Avalugg is the berg that holds this whole damn team together. He can take almost any physical move, and I can generally spam recover until they kill themselves or switch out.

Lapras holds up pretty well on the special side of things. I've considered Cryogonal as a speciall wall, too, but Lapras can just tank anything Charizard Y can throw at it, and ususally I catch them off guard by switching back into Abomasnow when they try to solar beam.

And Froslass is really great because I typically lead with it, and it lets me determine right away how good my opponent is and how much I should predict, depending on if they seem to know about destiny bond and if they try to get around it with status moves and such.

Yeah, I think it was shofu or Haydunn that did that? I thought it sounded familiar, but who cares? :P

Yeah, Avalugg is amazing. People don't give him enough credit. Any Ice-Type (possibly one of the most bashed Types in the game by fans) that can tank and counter-OHKO a Mega Blaziken's Flare Blitz is a beast in my book!

And I know what you mean with Froslass. I love using her, and I do the same as you. She really is nice to have around...
---
3DS FC: 5112-3533-9935 ~ Pokemon XY Name: Beta ~ (Cascoon, Ariados, Whirlipede)
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#13hodelinoPosted 2/13/2014 12:35:19 AM
RatheV posted...
deoxyscyclone posted...

Awesome! :D I was actually hoping that a few of you guys would reply here, and this is great! Ice Types are some of my favorite~ :D

Props on Froslass and Avalugg~ <3 And omg Jynx's nickname. xD

I thought Jynx's nickname was original, but apparently some popular youtuber already used it >_>

Avalugg is the berg that holds this whole damn team together. He can take almost any physical move, and I can generally spam recover until they kill themselves or switch out.

Lapras holds up pretty well on the special side of things. I've considered Cryogonal as a speciall wall, too, but Lapras can just tank anything Charizard Y can throw at it, and ususally I catch them off guard by switching back into Abomasnow when they try to solar beam.

And Froslass is really great because I typically lead with it, and it lets me determine right away how good my opponent is and how much I should predict, depending on if they seem to know about destiny bond and if they try to get around it with status moves and such.

Avalugg is an absolutely beast. It even laugh's at Blaziken's High Jump Kick. I love to run it with Rocky Helmet so you can't touch it physicaly, that's why I named my Avalugg MC Hammer (your Name is hilarious too)
---
Pokemon X! FC: 4081-6243-4839
F***ing - Daemonscharm
#14RatheVPosted 2/13/2014 12:39:49 AM
hodelino posted...

Avalugg is an absolutely beast. It even laugh's at Blaziken's High Jump Kick. I love to run it with Rocky Helmet so you can't touch it physicaly, that's why I named my Avalugg MC Hammer (your Name is hilarious too)

Mine's rocky Helmet, too. Lefties is nice, but with things like Blaziken and Talonflame, you generally need to spend all your time recovering.

But just in general Avalugg is a safe switch in for free damage and a chance to rapid spin every time my opponent uses a physical attack that's not boosted Close Combat, Flare Blitz, or Head Smash. And in those cases, I just need to be a bit careful on how I switch in.

Remember when we all thought Avalugg sucked? I certainly thought it would, I admit.
#15hodelinoPosted 2/13/2014 12:44:19 AM
RatheV posted...
hodelino posted...

Mine's rocky Helmet, too. Lefties is nice, but with things like Blaziken and Talonflame, you generally need to spend all your time recovering.

But just in general Avalugg is a safe switch in for free damage and a chance to rapid spin every time my opponent uses a physical attack that's not boosted Close Combat, Flare Blitz, or Head Smash. And in those cases, I just need to be a bit careful on how I switch in.

Remember when we all thought Avalugg sucked? I certainly thought it would, I admit.

Yeah me too, I was like: Boy that Thing can't nothing but then I started to love it after a few battles where he wrecked Talonflames and Dragonites.
Yes you can't Switch free into Blaziken's STAB but you can threaten him out in a 1v1 Situation with an Earthquake.
---
F***ing - Daemonscharm
#16FireMage7777Posted 2/13/2014 12:44:38 AM
My MGM team is

Adamant Iron Fist Infernape with Expert Belt
31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 SpD
Close Combat
Fire Punch
Flare Blitz
Thunder Punch

Modest Blaze Charizard with Charizardite Y
31/x/31/31/31/31
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 SpD
Flamethrower
Solar Beam
Sunny Day
Wing Attack (will change out for Air Slash or Dragon Pulse)

Modest Typhlosion with Wise Glasses
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 SpD
Eruption
Flamethrower
Solar Beam
Sunny Day

General anti Fire weaknesses team
---
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
Official Fire Type Gym Leader of GFAQs MGM PokeLeague
#17deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 12:46:39 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
My MGM team is

Adamant Iron Fist Infernape with Expert Belt
31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 SpD
Close Combat
Fire Punch
Flare Blitz
Thunder Punch

Modest Blaze Charizard with Charizardite Y
31/x/31/31/31/31
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 SpD
Flamethrower
Solar Beam
Sunny Day
Wing Attack (will change out for Air Slash or Dragon Pulse)

Modest Typhlosion with Wise Glasses
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 SpD
Eruption
Flamethrower
Solar Beam
Sunny Day

General anti Fire weaknesses team

Props on using all Starters there! :D I love it.
---
3DS FC: 5112-3533-9935 ~ Pokemon XY Name: Beta ~ (Cascoon, Ariados, Whirlipede)
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#18NeoNaviZeroPosted 2/13/2014 12:57:18 AM(edited)
I have an Ice-type team, but it's not nearly as good as RatheV's team above. :P

Weavile@King's Rock
Substitute
Swords Dance
Beat Up
Ice Shard
Purpose: Annoyer. Predict the enemy's setup and throw up a Substitute, then abuse Swords Dance/Beat Up flinchhax. Ice Shard for enemies that attempt to set up and baton pass.

Mamoswine@Icicle Plate (I don't have Life Orb yet)
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide
Purpose: I have absolutely no idea. He kills things. I only use Stealth Rock if it looks like it'll actually do a lot of harm to the enemy team, otherwise I take the (often free) kill on a flying switch-in with Ice Shard.

Abomasnow@Abomasite
Light Screen
Brick Break
Blizzard
Ice Shard
Purpose: Hail weather setup and wall breaker. Acts as a loose foil to enemy Espeons/screeners. Resistance to Electric is a huge plus, but I honestly haven't figured out why it gets hit with so much electricity in the first place.

Avalugg@Rocky Helmet
Iron Defense
Toxic (considering Mirror Coat instead)
Avalanche
Recover
Purpose: Completely walling physical everything.

Aurorus@Leftovers
Thunder Wave
Nature Power
Ancient Power
Freeze-Dry
Purpose: Personal favorite. Almost always useless, but designed to be bulky. Has screwed with people trying to use Sucker Punch on Nature Power numerous times.

Articuno@Lum Berry
Reflect
Blizzard
Hurricane
Roost
Purpose: Also a personal favorite. Absorbs a status and counters with a decently strong Hurricane or Blizzard. Can also set up Reflect on the switch to help the team tank the inevitable Rock-type attack.

I'm not trying very hard to make this competitive. I just love using it in spite of its flaws.
---
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams
#19hodelinoPosted 2/13/2014 12:54:15 AM
In one week I'll face a friend of mine to our first Mono-Type battle.

It's gonna be Water vs. Ice (I'm so excited)

Also need to look out for Freeze Dry...
---
F***ing - Daemonscharm
#20RatheVPosted 2/13/2014 12:55:56 AM
hodelino posted...
In one week I'll face a friend of mine to our first Mono-Type battle.

It's gonna be Water vs. Ice (I'm so excited)

Also need to look out for Freeze Dry...

Watch out for Lapras. It loves to eat up water attacks, and can counter with either freeze dry or thunderbolt while tanking special hits like a boss.

Jynx also gets dry skin, a fact many people seem to forget.