This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ATTN: Mono-Type Team Trainers

#21deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 12:58:52 AM
NeoNaviZero posted...
I have an Ice-type team, but it's not nearly as good as RatheV's team above. :P

Weavile@King's Rock
Substitute
Swords Dance
Beat Up
Ice Shard
Purpose: Annoyer. Predict the enemy's setup and throw up a Substitute, then abuse Swords Dance/Beat Up flinchhax. Ice Shard for enemies that attempt to set up and baton pass.

Mamoswine@Icicle Plate (I don't have Life Orb yet)
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide
Purpose: I have absolutely no idea. He kills things. I only use Stealth Rock if it looks like it'll actually do a lot of harm to the enemy team, otherwise I take the (often free) kill on a flying switch-in with Ice Shard.

Abomasnow@Abomasite
Light Screen
Brick Break
Blizzard
Ice Shard
Purpose: Hail weather setup and wall breaker. Acts as a loose foil to enemy Espeons/screeners. Resistance to Electric is huge plus.

Avalugg@Rocky Helmet
Iron Defense
Toxic (considering Mirror Coat instead)
Avalanche
Recover
Purpose: Completely walling physical everything.

Aurorus@Leftovers
Thunder Wave
Nature Power
Ancient Power
Freeze-Dry
Purpose: Personal favorite. Almost always useless, but designed to be bulky. Has screwed with people trying to use Sucker Punch on Nature Power numerous times.

Articuno@Lum Berry
Reflect
Blizzard
Hurricane
Roost
Purpose: Also a personal favorite. Absorbs a status and counters with a decently strong Hurricane or Blizzard. Can also set up Reflect on the switch to help the team tank the inevitable Rock-type attack.

I'm not trying very hard to make this competitive. I just love using it in spite of its flaws.

Hey, I commend anyone who uses a team because they like it, not just because it's "the best" or something like that.

Heck, look at me. xD I tend to avoid Pokemon like Salamence and Blissey/Skarmory, and I've used Charizard (pre-Mega) and Mightyena competitively, as well as Sableye before Prankster existed. xD I've always like Sableye more than Spiritomb. :x
---
3DS FC: 5112-3533-9935 ~ Pokemon XY Name: Beta ~ (Cascoon, Ariados, Whirlipede)
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#22hodelinoPosted 2/13/2014 1:00:11 AM
RatheV posted...
hodelino posted...
In one week I'll face a friend of mine to our first Mono-Type battle.

It's gonna be Water vs. Ice (I'm so excited)

Also need to look out for Freeze Dry...

Watch out for Lapras. It loves to eat up water attacks, and can counter with either freeze dry or thunderbolt while tanking special hits like a boss.

Jynx also gets dry skin, a fact many people seem to forget.

I know, It's his favorite Pokemon along with Froslass.

It'll be a full 6 on 6 and I think I know the Pokemon he will bring.

Froslass
Lapras
Abomasnow (Mega)
Glaceon

He also mentioned breeding a Swinub, so Mamoswine is also a Thing.
---
Pokemon X! FC: 4081-6243-4839
F***ing - Daemonscharm
#23deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 1:00:50 AM
hodelino posted...

Good luck, sir! I'll be rooting for ya'! :D

....I've really gotta get back to breeding my Mono-Bug Team... Just still not sure exactly who I want to use one it. xD

Scizor, Galvantula, and Scolipede are a must. :3
---
#24hodelinoPosted 2/13/2014 1:02:51 AM
deoxyscyclone posted...
hodelino posted...

....I've really gotta get back to breeding my Mono-Bug Team... Just still not sure exactly who I want to use one it. xD

Maybe Mega Heracross? With Sticky Web Support it can destroy things, also you got Scolipede so you can SD and then Baton Pass it to Mega-Heracross. You just need something for Flying-Types tho
---
F***ing - Daemonscharm
#25RatheVPosted 2/13/2014 1:06:22 AM
hodelino posted...
RatheV posted...
hodelino posted...

Watch out for Lapras. It loves to eat up water attacks, and can counter with either freeze dry or thunderbolt while tanking special hits like a boss.

Froslass
Lapras
Abomasnow (Mega)
Glaceon

Heh, there aren't too many ways to build an ice team, for sure.

My advice: burn/poison that Froslass so that it can't just destiny bond you. If you're not finished team-building yet, or maybe you're already using it, Tentacruel would be a big help. Liquid Ooze lets it switch into Megabama's giga drain, rapid spin lets it clean up after Froslass, and toxic spikes will ruin his day almost as bad as stealth rocks, most likely. Avalugg is basically his only viable spinner, although Articuno can defog I think.

And the only Ice-type users of heal bell IIRC are Lapras, Jynx, and Glaceon. But Lapras has to give up freeze dry for it.
#26SamurontaiPosted 2/13/2014 1:10:23 AM
Fire

All shinies (that was the reason I chose fire at first, but then I started sticking wild charge and solar beam on my fire pokemons, and bam. A really good team.)

Team is Shiny Ninetails.

Shiny Arcanine.

Shiny Charizard Y (my main sweeper.)

And Shiny Rapidash (literally evolved as I am typing this.) Not used yet, because I'm still training it.

I sometimes throw in my mega absol in the mix if I want to switch things up a bit.

Mews abut to become a permanent addition to my team as well, so it won't be mono for long.
---
FC: 0748 - 3497 - 9968 Grass: Tangela, Sawsbuck, Maractus.
IGN: Sanktu
#27hodelinoPosted 2/13/2014 1:16:02 AM
RatheV posted...
hodelino posted...
RatheV posted...
hodelino posted...

Froslass
Lapras
Abomasnow (Mega)
Glaceon

Heh, there aren't too many ways to build an ice team, for sure.

My advice: burn/poison that Froslass so that it can't just destiny bond you. If you're not finished team-building yet, or maybe you're already using it, Tentacruel would be a big help. Liquid Ooze lets it switch into Megabama's giga drain, rapid spin lets it clean up after Froslass, and toxic spikes will ruin his day almost as bad as stealth rocks, most likely. Avalugg is basically his only viable spinner, although Articuno can defog I think.

And the only Ice-type users of heal bell IIRC are Lapras, Jynx, and Glaceon. But Lapras has to give up freeze dry for it.

Looks at breeding box, sees Tentacool...After 15 years of Surfing and encountering you thousand times, I feel so sorry that I never used you.
---
F***ing - Daemonscharm
#28RatheVPosted 2/13/2014 1:17:59 AM
hodelino posted...

Looks at breeding box, sees Tentacool...After 15 years of Surfing and encountering you thousand times, I feel so sorry that I never used you.

Old tentacle-face was pretty good on my mono-water team, before I traded types to my friend. Then again, my water team was mostly stallish, so IDK how well it'd work for you. It was just the first thing that came to mind.
#29deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 1:19:01 AM
Tentacruel would be a very nice counter to Froslass, actually. Toxic Spikes is a great move that will make any team sad, and if you're willing to use up another slot for it, Toxic will trash on a Froslass's day.

Or if you only run Toxic Spikes, you could use Roar on Avalugg to force Froslass to lose its Destiny Bond momentum, seeing as how you would force a Poison onto it if it couldn't find another way. And it'd be a great way to spread Toxic Poison onto his entire team.

hodelino posted...
deoxyscyclone posted...
hodelino posted...

Maybe Mega Heracross? With Sticky Web Support it can destroy things, also you got Scolipede so you can SD and then Baton Pass it to Mega-Heracross. You just need something for Flying-Types tho

Hmm... That may work out, actually. I have been thinking of using MegaHera, and I already have a Baton Pass Scolipede that I use with another team. I just might do that! :D

So far, my idea is (though subject to MUCH change):

Scizor - Typically powerhouse, threatens a lot of Pokemon

Galvantula - Sticky Web support, can throw around Thunder like its pouring outside

Scolipede - A fantastic support Pokemon with Baton Pass, Swords Dance, Iron Defense, and Speed Boost!

Heracross(?) - Would be a fantastic Baton Pass recipient, and holds a lot of power...
---
#30deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 1:21:07 AM
This thread really makes me want to start making some Mono-Type teams! Bug-Type will of course be my priority, as my favorite Type in the game...

I just wish it was easier to do 6v6 battles without having to Friend-Add a bunch of random people... ; A ; I have no idea how to build up 3v3 teams, since 6v6 Singles is my forte. xD
---