This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ATTN: Mono-Type Team Trainers

#31hodelinoPosted 2/13/2014 12:26:21 AM
Starmie (Life Orb)
Timid
Natural Cure
252 Speed/ 252 Sp.Attack

Rapid Spin
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Mega-Blastoise (Blastoisenite)
Modest
Mega-Launcher
252 HP / 252 Sp.Attack

Water Pulse
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Ice Beam

Swampert (Leftovers)
Careful
Torrent
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Sp.Def

Curse
Waterfall
Earthquake
Avalanche

Empoleon (Assault Vest)
Calm
Torrent
252 HP / 252 Sp.Attack

Scald
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
(Some filler)

Tentacruel@Black Sludge
Timid
Ooze Liquid Thingy

Scald
Toxic Spikes
Sludge Bomb
Substitute

I don't know if I should go with Cloyster or Politoed for the last Slot..Rain would be nice tho
---
Pokemon X! FC: 4081-6243-4839
F***ing - Daemonscharm
#32legendxofxskyPosted 2/13/2014 12:34:33 AM
Offical Normal-Type MGM Leader

Team Name "The Original" (Team isn't finished, but here's a Glance.)

Slaking@ChoiceBand(may replace)
252 Atk/126 Speed/HP | 6 Sp Def

Return
EQ
Night Slash
(Unassigned)

Role: General Beatstick, may teach it Power Up punch to lock itself with a 160 Base + Choice Band boost + Atk raises. Can be real deadly. Trying to find a suitable mon to surpress its ability in doubles.

Staraptor@LifeOrb (unsure yet)
252 Atk/Speed 6 HP
Trait: Reckless
Close Combat
Brave Bird
Roost
Tailwind

Role: General Sweeper, usually takes 1st Slot of party, due to available tailwind abuse, at +2 Speed, it can outspee just about anything, which is nice. Life Orb + Reckless + Brave Bird usually tends to OHKO if it doesn't resist it

Snorlax@LeftOvers/AssualtVest
72 HP/252 Atk/184 Sp Def
Trait-ThickFat
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Wild Charge
-Pursuit

Role: Special Defense Wall/Sun Team Defense God: why you ask? Thick fat + Assualt Vest plus high Sp Def usually tanks anything a fire team and dish out. He is also a general wall since Assualt Vest gives him a nice boost. His moves are usually changed through the battles, due to different roles, but for now he is a coverage sweeper/Sp Def God.

Sadly, that's it for now atm, as i'm trying to find out ways to counter fighting, and possibly counter Slaking's Ability.

Well, im considering Heliosk, Pidgeot, Pyroar, blissey and a few others, but, the main problems im having is 1st, need a counter to fighting, 2nd, defensive wall, 3rd, Move Coverage...
---
3DS FC: 3110 5108 4293
Official Normal-Type Gym Leader of GFAQS MGM PokeLeague. Status: CLOSED; I do Singles (3v3) or Doubles (4v4); Challenger decides.
#33deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 12:59:59 AM
legendxofxsky posted...

Return
EQ
Night Slash
(Unassigned)

Role: General Beatstick, may teach it Power Up punch to lock itself with a 160 Base + Choice Band boost + Atk raises. Can be real deadly. Trying to find a suitable mon to surpress its ability in doubles.

252 Atk/Speed 6 HP
Close Combat
Brave Bird
Roost
Tailwind

Role: General Sweeper, usually takes 1st Slot of party, due to available tailwind abuse, at +2 Speed, it can outspee just about anything, which is nice. Life Orb + Reckless + Brave Bird usually tends to OHKO if it doesn't resist it

72 HP/252 Atk/184 Sp Def
Trait-ThickFat
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Wild Charge
-Pursuit

Role: Special Defense Wall/Sun Team Defense God: why you ask? Thick fat + Assualt Vest plus high Sp Def usually tanks anything a fire team and dish out. He is also a general wall since Assualt Vest gives him a nice boost. His moves are usually changed through the battles, due to different roles, but for now he is a coverage sweeper/Sp Def God.

Sadly, that's it for now atm, as i'm trying to find out ways to counter fighting, and possibly counter Slaking's Ability.

Well, im considering Heliosk, Pidgeot, Pyroar, blissey and a few others, but, the main problems im having is 1st, need a counter to fighting, 2nd, defensive wall, 3rd, Move Coverage...

I like the idea of your team so far, I must admit! I'm a fan of Normal Types, and memories of Norman demand I respect your Spaking...

As for your thought of finding a Pokemon to mitigate Slaking's Ability in Doubles, I've seen Spinda used to great effect. Here's a set I found:

Spinda @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Trick
- Skill Swap
- Disable
- Return/Toxic/Encore

Spinda seems to do a nice job as a Skill Swapper, and can be a great Annoyer if used right. He can Skill Swap Inner Focus or Contrary to Slaking (though that would mitigate Power-Up Punch if you Swapped before using it). Though the only move I can recall that Slaking can use to make use of Contrary would be Hammer Arm.

And on the note of being annoying, there's Tricking the Choice Scarf then Disabling whatever they're Choiced onto. Or you could stick Contrary on a setup Sweeper. :P
---
3DS FC: 5112-3533-9935 ~ Pokemon XY Name: Beta ~ (Cascoon, Ariados, Whirlipede)
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#34hodelinoPosted 2/13/2014 1:05:02 AM
deoxyscyclone posted...
legendxofxsky posted...

Return
EQ
Night Slash
(Unassigned)

252 Atk/Speed 6 HP
Close Combat
Brave Bird
Roost
Tailwind

72 HP/252 Atk/184 Sp Def
Trait-ThickFat
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Wild Charge
-Pursuit

I like the idea of your team so far, I must admit! I'm a fan of Normal Types, and memories of Norman demand I respect your Spaking...

As for your thought of finding a Pokemon to mitigate Slaking's Ability in Doubles, I've seen Spinda used to great effect. Here's a set I found:

Spinda @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Trick
- Skill Swap
- Disable
- Return/Toxic/Encore

Spinda seems to do a nice job as a Skill Swapper, and can be a great Annoyer if used right. He can Skill Swap Inner Focus or Contrary to Slaking (though that would mitigate Power-Up Punch if you Swapped before using it). Though the only move I can recall that Slaking can use to make use of Contrary would be Hammer Arm.

And on the note of being annoying, there's Tricking the Choice Scarf then Disabling whatever they're Choiced onto. Or you could stick Contrary on a setup Sweeper. :P

That's clever xD. I really like Normal types too.

I have so much fun with Porygon2 + Porygon-Z and I recently just bred a Tauros.

I'm also into making a Genderless Team (Without Legends of course) where those Porygons would play a nice role in it.
---
F***ing - Daemonscharm
#35deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 1:06:54 AM
hodelino posted...

I'm also into making a Genderless Team (Without Legends of course) where those Porygons would play a nice role in it.

I like Spinda, when used right. xD He can mess people up!

Porygon have always been fun ones to use. I have a typical Quiet Eviolite Porygon-2 chillin' in my Box for my Trick Room teams. :P Not sure why, but I LOVE Trick Room teams! :D So fun.

Maybe it's my love of a lot of Pokemon that happen to be very slow...
---
#36hodelinoPosted 2/13/2014 1:11:17 AM
deoxyscyclone posted...
hodelino posted...

Porygon have always been fun ones to use. I have a typical Quiet Eviolite Porygon-2 chillin' in my Box for my Trick Room teams. :P Not sure why, but I LOVE Trick Room teams! :D So fun.

I have somehow a liking to Faceless, Machine like and weird Pokemon like Starmie, Magnezone, Porygon, Aegislash. I also want to use Kilngklang so bad
---
F***ing - Daemonscharm
#37deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 6:04:19 AM
hodelino posted...
deoxyscyclone posted...
hodelino posted...

I have somehow a liking to Faceless, Machine like and weird Pokemon like Starmie, Magnezone, Porygon, Aegislash. I also want to use Kilngklang so bad

Meh, those are great Pokemon as well~! Though I can't count Klingklang as faceless... That gear-stache cannot be unseen...
---
#38Meganium7Posted 2/13/2014 6:10:13 AM
one day I was breeding and noticed I had already made a lot of ghosts so I decided to make a golurk as the 6th and slapped them together been in my battle box since.

had a similar moment with normal type recently too but having trouble deciding the 6th.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Paiguy
http://i.imgur.com/FNq8ABS.png
#39deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 6:13:06 AM
Meganium7 posted...
one day I was breeding and noticed I had already made a lot of ghosts so I decided to make a golurk as the 6th and slapped them together been in my battle box since.

had a similar moment with normal type recently too but having trouble deciding the 6th.

I'll admit I do love a lot of Ghost Types!

I think Bug and Dark will be my favorites, though, since Bug is my favorite Type, and Dark will have my prized Umbreon and Sableye~
---
#40SpunkySixPosted 2/13/2014 6:18:44 AM
omgitsjustme posted...
I slap a bunch of fairies and hope for the best

It works

I Slap Fairies would be the best band name if not for the homophobic implications.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.