This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think of these Rock and Ice Buff

#1DemiseEndPosted 2/13/2014 3:55:44 AM
Rock:

Offensively:
2x: Ice, Fire, Bug, Flying, Fairy
1/2: Fighting, Ground, Steel

Defensively:
1/2: Fire, Flying, Normal, Poison, Bug*, Fairy
2x: Fight, Grass, Ground, Steel, Water
0x: Electric(so that your 10 years old neighbor did not misunderstood that Ground type is the one that is immune to Electric)

*to compensate for the rock buff, Bug is now SE to Ghost. It sucks to be Sableye

Power Gem is now a 95 BP no special effect move that is alvailable to all special attacking Rock Type.... including Tyranitar

Rock Slide is 80 BP 100 ACC, same effect

Smack Down is now 60 BP. In Addition, if it does not do the secondary effect, Smack Down does 90 BP damage(basically its a reverse Knock Down)

Stone Edge 85 ACC so that it misses 85% of the time

Stealth Rock does 10% base and 20% for SE and 30% MAX damage

Ice:

Offensively:
2x: Dragon, Flying, Grass, Ground, Fairy
1/2: Fire, Ice, Steel, Water

Defensively:
1/2: Water, Flying
2x: Fire, Rock, Steel, Fighting
0x: Ice

Avalanche is now 80 BP with 120 BP as last move

The theme here is "Fairy type is weak to "solid" elements" hence the weakness to Ice, Rock, Steel, Poison. 4 Weakness seems fair to nerf the fairy no?

Ice now goes from terribru Defensive typing into a niche, meta pick defensive typing that resists two type with a power move.

Discuss how Aerodactyl get a spammable Outrage, Omastar Countering to HP Ice Zapdos, or how scary it is to switch out against Mamoswine

Meanwhile in OU Tier, Dragonite throws Stone Edge on Azumarill and The Tyrant rules the metagame alongside its steed, Terrakion
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094
#2BurnedPotatoesPosted 2/13/2014 3:57:57 AM
No more buffs for Rock.

Think about the children. They don't want to see their Pogeymans obliterated by rocks.
---
3DS FC: 4656-7454-0042 FS: Flying Type, Pidgey, Tranquill, and Rufflet
I don't give people serious answers unless needed.
#3Laser_GlowPosted 2/13/2014 1:42:13 PM
Frankly I'd just be fine with Fairy getting more weaknesses, being weak to two of the least common types to be used offensively really makes it seem OP personally, plus Ice could really use a defensive buff.
#4JustinTheJaggedPosted 2/13/2014 1:48:53 PM(edited)
I just wish rock had a physical move over 50 power that could hit the broadside of a barn. I swear if stone edge misses one more time, mildly unpleasant things will happen.
---
Gamer for life, 32 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#5LJx19Posted 2/13/2014 1:48:48 PM
Laser_Glow posted...
Frankly I'd just be fine with Fairy getting more weaknesses, being weak to two of the least common types to be used offensively really makes it seem OP personally, plus Ice could really use a defensive buff.

being weak to 4 attacks, 2 of which don't even count because all damn fairies have so much special bulk, and 1 which only does real damage when on scizor. -_-
iron head, bullet punch, sludge bomb, flash cannon and oops 5 meteor mash(metagross only)
#6Fear the MONKEYPosted 2/13/2014 2:07:54 PM
ice and rock are already good enough offensively. yes, fairy needs another weakness, but it shouldn't be rock or ice.

defensively, ice should really resist ice and rock should resist rock at the least.
---
psn/wii u id: FearTheMonkey
3DS FC: 0559 6891 5255