This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game is trolling me, it has to be.

#1Chaosmaster00Posted 2/14/2014 9:01:08 AM(edited)
So, I decided to hunt for a shiny Petilil in a FS I have, that also has Sunkern and Gogoat. Spent about 6 hours in total in there, no shiny, so I decide to just try and find a good one that has Modest and Leaf Guard, to be caught in a Dive Ball for aesthetics, so I can eventually try to MM one of them.

Before I even find my first Petilil after I decide to do that, a shiny Sunkern pops up... what the hell, game? Caught it, stocked it away, and go back at it. Try for a few of the Petilils I catch, none have both Leaf Guard AND are Modest, so I just keep going. Not long later, shiny Gogoat... -_-;

I know I shouldn't complain about shinies, but seriously game, why you gotta do this to me?
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen
#2_Synergy_Posted 2/14/2014 9:03:46 AM
same here. I wanted a shiny arbok from the hordes on route 19 and got gligar and weepinbell instead.

pokemon y u no gib shiny arbok
---
3DS FC: 2938-7360-3212 / Dragon FS Sligoo - Noibat - Fraxure
#3omega bahumatPosted 2/14/2014 9:05:19 AM
You can just breed modest onto it
#4Chaosmaster00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 9:07:36 AM(edited)
^ In your case, Arbok is the much rarer horde, so obviously, you'd have a much higher chance of finding those two before you ever found Arbok. In my case, safari's spawn 'mons at the same rate for all, so the chances are all the same.

And with that, I got my Modest Leaf Guard Petilil finally... guess it's time to forget about all this. Shineflora and Baphomet will just have to rot in my bank until I feel like I should try them out.

EDIT: I know I can breed Modest onto it, but since I just wanted to have a moment where I don't have to worry about Natures. Doesn't help Petilil's a 100% Female pokemon. :/
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen