This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Greninja moveset

#1ToughestPosted 2/14/2014 11:16:32 PM
1. Ice Beam
2. Dark Pulse
3. Extrasensory/U-turn [Not Sure About Which One]
4. Hydro Pump/Hydro Cannon [Not Sure About Which One]
---
[Jeremy] [Snowman] [3DS Friend Code: 3668-8401-6321]
''Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it's just yours is stupid.''
#2legendriderPosted 2/14/2014 11:18:27 PM
Never go for Hydro Cannon.

It's a last resort move. And considering how fragile Greninja is, that charge time is very worrying
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy
#3Savra104Posted 2/14/2014 11:19:11 PM
1. Solid.
2. Solid.
3. What nature is it?
4. Hydro Cannon will only be worth if they make a reverse-Power Herb that removes the cooldown from recharge moves. Hydro Pump or Surf/Scald. More damage for less Acc or less damage for more Acc (and burn).
#4SuperRup91Posted 2/14/2014 11:19:29 PM
definitely not Hydro Cannon. Never use Hydro Cannon.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5413-0006-7792
PM me so I can add you as well!
#5Nomorice4UPosted 2/14/2014 11:19:38 PM
Mixed with Acrobatics + PUP teh BEST!
---
FC: 3711-8087-2809
FS: Dragon - Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo
#6Toughest(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 11:19:42 PM
legendrider posted...

It's a last resort move. And considering how fragile Greninja is, that charge time is very worrying

what about Extrasensory/U-turn which is better...
---
[Jeremy] [Snowman] [3DS Friend Code: 3668-8401-6321]
''Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it's just yours is stupid.''
#7legendriderPosted 2/14/2014 11:22:33 PM
Toughest posted...
legendrider posted...

what about Extrasensory/U-turn which is better...

Hmmmm.....well I say U-Turn, so you can get out of there when you're on trouble. Greninja is fast enough to make it work.

But having Extra is always nice on those fighting types, but bah.

I run a flinch mix set

Dark Pulse
Extrasensory
Rock Slide
Water Shurikan
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy
#8LostsecretPosted 2/14/2014 11:54:45 PM
You get the best coverage out of:

Ice beam
Grass knot
Dark pulse
Hydropump

I don't typically like uturn on greninja, but you could replace grass knot with it.
#9blackheart0129Posted 2/15/2014 1:34:27 AM
My Timid Protean Greninja runs:

Ice Beam: No other Ice Special that Greninja can use that was worth running with. I rather run with this than Blizzard simply because of the Accuracy.
Grass Knot: Again lack of other options that can give me the same coverage. Plus this will kill many of those water types out of the gate. Specially you get STAB on all of these moves with Protean. I have managed to one hit kill Kyogre with this without set up whatsoever.
Dark Pulse: For some reason this is my Charizard killer, almost every Charizard (even Mega Charizard Y) that I've been able to hit with this I either 1 hit or 2 hit ko them. Psychic and Ghost types hates this too.
Surf: For those pesky fire types. Hydro Pump is another good option here. Same thing with Scale. Surf and Scald has better accuracy though. Surf is about 10 points stronger than Scald and can hit everyone in the field if you're in the middle (great for ev training) but Scald has a chance to Burn. Forget Hydro Cannon, Giga Impact, and Hyper Beam because those will leave make you recharge next turn. Sadly we don't get Solar Beam which would've been good specially if Drough is up or if you he holding a Power Herb.

I tried running a mixed attack greninja or a physical attacker greninja in the past but I just couldnt get him to work (and yes it was a different greninja with a different nature) well enough that he was worth keeping on my team. Until I was able to get a Shiny Timid Greninja and he was just so sexy, I just had to try running him again but this time as a special attacker with those move set.
#10HopesNo1FanPosted 2/15/2014 1:49:21 AM
Hidden Power Fire!

Come on guyz...
---
Pokemon Y FC 3668-8772-1047 IGN: Croix -SV 1839-
(Mankey, Sawk, Breelom) PM ME if you want to be added!