This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokegenning Legit Pokemon For Pokemon Bank

#1metroidfan987Posted 2/15/2014 7:17:58 PM
I personally think this thread should be stickied, but maybe the mods might disagree b/c of the nature of the topic. Anyway, here goes.

I'm not gonna go into full detail on how to use Pokegen, there are other guides posted on other forums for that. After you create your .pkm files, you can upload them to pokegts.us. Change your wireless router's primary DNS server to the address shown on the site. Then, you will have to retrieve each pokemon one at a time. As in, 1) upload, 2) enter GTS, 3) exit GTS, 4) repeat steps 1-3 .

PID

Illegal PIDs can pass through, but from my experience, they will be unusable on Battle Spot. To ensure that you create a legit PID, ALWAYS make sure the PID box is left blank before you save. If a generated mon fails the hack check for any other reason, make sure to clear the PID that was initially generated before saving again.

Illegal Moves

If a pokemon knows a move it could not possibly learn in-game, it will not pass through. This check also includes moves which could not be learned as a hatched/unhatched pokemon, and moves which could not be learned based on the pokemon's game of origin.

Ex: A pokemon which was caught/hatched in Gen 5, but knows a tutor move exclusive to Gen 3 or 4.

Finally, the system checks for Gen 5 legality of moves, not Gen 6. So, for example, you cannot transfer any Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise that knows the moves Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, and Dragon Pulse.

Hidden Abilities

- If a hidden ability was not obtainable from B2/W2 Hidden Grottos, then chances are, those hidden abilities were only released in male form. In Gen 5, hidden abilities could only be passed down in breeding with a female. This issue will most likely occur when people try to transfer over female starters with hidden abilities. All the released starter hidden abilities were distributed as males only, so female starters with HAs will NOT pass through. Change those starters to males, and as stated above, remember to delete the initial PID before you save the gender change.

- Unreleased Hidden Abilities cannot be transferred. There is a way to bypass this though. Go to the OT/Misc tab, and change the "Extra bytes" value to 1. From my experience, this trick will not work with released Hidden Abilities. For example, when I tried to retrieve a female Overgrow Venusaur with the extra byte activated, I got error code 13274.

Genning Non-Unova Pokemon For B/W and B2/W2

In the "Met" tab, always set the Location to (Poketransfer) . Set a legitimate ball, and set the level to whatever level you are genning. So, if you are genning a Lv100, set the met level to 100 also. The encounter type should match whatever is supposed to be legitimate. If you must gen a mon with a Gen 3 origin (R/S/E/FR/LG), the encounter type should probably be "Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin".

Event Pokemon

Serebii has info on all event pokemon, within the "Game Mechanics" page. Key attributes will be OT, ID (event OTs have no secret ID), location, ball, met level, encounter, fateful encounter checked, country of origin, and game of origin. Also the gender, if it is not a legendary.

Locations

Make sure the location you try to set, is valid for the target game and/or game of origin. For example, if you are creating a hatched pokemon and set the game of origin to Black, make sure you do not choose a location like Aspertia City, or any other location which did not exist in Black.

Well, those are all I can think of atm. Feel free to mention any points I may have missed.
#2FuneralCakePosted 2/15/2014 7:19:45 PM
I didn't read the topic, but you can't Pokegen legit Pokemon. You can, however, Pokegen legal Pokemon.

If this was going to be stickied, you should at least have that basic concept realized.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#3Jokerboy11Posted 2/15/2014 7:19:48 PM
Thank you so much!!!!!
#4Gameandwatch2Posted 2/15/2014 7:20:02 PM
The proper term is "legal".
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Flying Safari: Swanna, Spearow, Doduo)
#5SirPikachuPosted 2/15/2014 7:20:20 PM
Legit =/= Legal, stop thinking that. If you touch it with any other program, it is no longer legit.

Plus, how modest of you for your first line to be that you think it should be stickied.
---
3DS FC: 2380-3181-9777
#6massifbeefPosted 2/15/2014 7:24:12 PM
You're information is incorrect. I have transferred Pinsir with Quick Attack, Close Combat, Earthquake, and Swords Dance pass through, Which is illegal in Gen 5. Also, adding the extra byte WILL work, as Protean Kecleon with Tutor Moves will transfer and is usable on Battle Spot.
---
My signature? I'd be happy to... NOT TELL YOU!
FC: 2165-5608-6960 Safari: Garbodor, Seviper, Whirlipede
#7Brewster123Posted 2/15/2014 7:28:19 PM
Hey, is contrary serpierior usable on battle spot?
---
"A Pokemon is only Uber if it can kill Wobbuffet with one attack."
Is Your Pokemon in Ubers?: http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
#8sonic2307Posted 2/15/2014 7:29:23 PM
Hmm..... makes me wonder if my genned mons that I got from the trade boards are legal or not (I don't have pokegen myself). They looked legal enough......... But I asked someone to gen a scald suicune from Johto. Wonder if that can be used in battle spot.........
---
I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.
3DS FC: 0962-9436-8898 Name: Shadow the Hedgehog Friend Safari: Kecleon, Aipom and Chansey
#9RuneofnitePosted 2/15/2014 7:31:04 PM
sonic2307 posted...
Hmm..... makes me wonder if my genned mons that I got from the trade boards are legal or not (I don't have pokegen myself). They looked legal enough......... But I asked someone to gen a scald suicune from Johto. Wonder if that can be used in battle spot.........

Scald is a TM this gen though.
---
Counting the days for ToS Chronicles.
Should I forget to change the sig, assume I was too busy playing the game :D
#10Gameandwatch2Posted 2/15/2014 7:33:51 PM
Brewster123 posted...
Hey, is contrary serpierior usable on battle spot?

No. It can't be traded over WiFi, either.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Flying Safari: Swanna, Spearow, Doduo)