This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokegenning Legit Pokemon For Pokemon Bank

#21ShadowUmbreon42Posted 2/15/2014 9:06:43 PM
CountPopeula posted...
ShadowUmbreon42 posted...
massifbeef posted...
You're information is incorrect. I have transferred Pinsir with Quick Attack, Close Combat, Earthquake, and Swords Dance pass through, Which is illegal in Gen 5. Also, adding the extra byte WILL work, as Protean Kecleon with Tutor Moves will transfer and is usable on Battle Spot.

Wait what...

Isn't that borderline cheating? that kecleon

Not borderline. It's straight-up cheating.

Note to self, never pokegen something like that -_-

how does this even begin to pass the check.
---
Being yourself is the greatest thing. Do not let anyone tell you different.
3DS FC: 2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick
#22Dark_Link92Posted 2/17/2014 8:30:15 AM
Does it let nicknamed event Pokemon through? I'm guessing no, but surely it's possible to have the same OT, ID, and SID as the distribution method, right? Or is there some other flag that stops you nicknaming even if you have all that stuff?
---
3DS FC: 4382-3271-9747
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, and Braixen.
#23metroidfan987(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 1:06:51 PM
Dark_Link92 posted...
Does it let nicknamed event Pokemon through? I'm guessing no, but surely it's possible to have the same OT, ID, and SID as the distribution method, right? Or is there some other flag that stops you nicknaming even if you have all that stuff?

I think all nicknames get removed during the transfer.
#24deidara21Posted 2/17/2014 1:09:43 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I didn't read the topic, but you can't Pokegen legit Pokemon. You can, however, Pokegen legal Pokemon.

If this was going to be stickied, you should at least have that basic concept realized.

Who the hell cares. Like, you people are ridiculous.
---
I've seen it sitting in there, lazy, slothful, porcelain layabout feeding on other people's doo-doos while contributing nothing of its own to society!
#25zhellybellyPosted 2/17/2014 1:10:49 PM
metroidfan987 posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...

PokéBank and the PokéTransporter do not remove nicknames. I can confirm this personally, as I have a Serperior cleverly named Steve from an earlier game.
---
If a tree falls in the woods, and no one hears it, does a hipster buy its album?
#26ThePokeMan98Posted 2/17/2014 1:12:25 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68537496
---
Welcome to the GameFAQs forums. Please take a seat, and enjoy your stay. Your trolls will be with you, shortly.
#27metroidfan987(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 1:39:20 PM
zhellybelly posted...
metroidfan987 posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...

PokéBank and the PokéTransporter do not remove nicknames. I can confirm this personally, as I have a Serperior cleverly named Steve from an earlier game.

Hmm. I personally am not into nicknaming. Unfortunately, my Charizard nicknamed Alduin did not get to keep its nick. I know that the Bank/Transporter has a censor filter for nicknames and OT names, but I don't know what part of Alduin could've triggered a censor...
#28metroidfan987(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 1:45:57 PM
Also, the whole 'Legit vs. Legal' debate is BS. Bank and Battle Spot hack-checks do not care which pokemon were caught in-game, and which were genned. So why should I or anyone else care? With the exception of event legendaries not having their ribbons, any other genned mon is perfectly identical to a mon caught/hatched in-game.