This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smogon banned Mega Lucario and Genesect

#321dj4242Posted 2/18/2014 12:41:15 PM
Wow, I'm surprised the Lucario vote was so one sided. Glad I don't have to face anymore Genesects though.
#322ssyl9Posted 2/19/2014 7:24:25 PM
What I see in this thread

1. Scrubs calling other people scrubs coz they have beaten a bad player who uses an op pokemon.

Heck I beat someone using Arceus badly on Battle spot! With a NU pokemon infact! Arceus should be NU then?

2. People who do not understand anything about Smogon, claiming that they do and bashes it.

Claiming Smogon knows nothing about countering said pokemon. Completely oblivious to the fact that before they ban any pokemon, they list out every check/counter the pokemon have, evaluate it, and decide. Heck they know more checks/counters than you ever will. This is something like thinking the earth is flat and laughs at people who think it is round. Your lack of knowledge makes you oblivious to the overpowerness of that pokemon, not because you are superior.

3. People who do not know ANYTHING about counter and checks keep on blabbering on about: YEA EVERYTHING IS COUNTERS MAN

I have said this like a million times

ANYTHING THAT CANNOT SWTICH IN AND TANK at least 1 hit on the switch is NOT A COUNTER!!!

anything suggested cannot switch into mega lucario, survive the hit at switch in and get hit by one of THREE PRIORITY MOVE the next turn. Especially if the lucario had time to set up.

Heck, he dont even need to use the priorties to KO you as he have a whooping 112 speed, outspeeding most pokemon.

Even Mega Blaziken, Mega Gengar, Mega Khan (the 3 banned megas) cannot safely switch into mega Luc and not get KOed on the turn right after.

Counter is like how Hippodowen is a counter to mega zard y

It can switch into megazard y, tank the 2 hits (1 on switch in and 1 on the next turn) and inturn KO mega zard or force it out.. That is a counter.
---
FC: 3496-9980-2182
#323DoramiPosted 2/19/2014 7:26:14 PM
On a side note, the fact that Deoxys-S was not banned is another example that suspect testing does not mean ban.
---
3DS FC: 1246-9917-4900 | Pokemon X: IGN: Jing | Safari: Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt, Diggersby
NNID: StareRoe | PSN: Raftina
#324spooky96Posted 2/19/2014 7:29:54 PM
Dorami posted...
On a side note, the fact that Deoxys-S was not banned is another example that suspect testing does not mean ban.

I have a feeling that just like how Deoxys-D got banned later in the last generation, same thing will happen to Deoxys-S with this generation. However, this time you can expect a change as you've got new Pranksters [Magic Coat still!] and Defoggers.
---
'I wonder if people get up in the morning and think to themselves "Today, I feel like being an idiot" and then make topics like these.' -vash520
#325cjs177Posted 2/19/2014 7:30:24 PM
NanakoKyoko posted...
I am still waiting on the day that smogon bans all the megas, Talonflame, and Azumarill. Then we all question what actually did we get this gen since all the new pokemon we got this gen were really the megas and a few underwhelming pokemon.

You're going to be waiting a long time.

Dorami posted...

Pokemon that obviously aren't broken are going to stay in standard.
#326plasticman13Posted 2/20/2014 12:34:52 AM
People are dumb. Mega Zard and Mega Pinsir won't get banned because of their massive Stealth Rock weaknesses. Having your rocks up will already give you the upper hand against those Megas.
---
3DS FC: 2449-5859-9691 | Kaepernick LOL
http://i.imgur.com/oKSGKjv.gif?1?6019
#327wayofsausagePosted 2/21/2014 3:27:29 PM
Ok lets make a list of things that counter the any set lucario or genesect has please add on if you want to

mega lucario counters:
Hippowdon

Genesect counters:
Heatran

I'm pretty sure these are the only pokemon that can counter any set they have, pokemon that only have one counter? How is that not OP/ruining the meta game
#328zelionxPosted 2/21/2014 3:29:08 PM
wayofsausage posted...
Ok lets make a list of things that counter the any set lucario or genesect has please add on if you want to

Genesect counters:
Heatran

I'm pretty sure these are the only pokemon that can counter any set they have, pokemon that only have one counter? How is that not OP/ruining the meta game

"but muh douse drive"
---
FC: 5412-9925-4803
IGN: Justin
#329Mewtwo_soulPosted 2/21/2014 3:31:40 PM
wayofsausage posted...

mega lucario counters:
Hippowdon

Genesect counters:
Heatran

Hoppodon doesn't counter Mega Lucario. If Hippodon takes a +2 CC it can kiss it's ass good bye. (Especialy if it switches in) as then Lucario can just finish with anything.
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 364-430 (86.6 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

No switch in on safe = No counter.

It's a check. That's it.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#330wayofsausagePosted 2/22/2014 4:19:55 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
wayofsausage posted...

mega lucario counters:
Hippowdon

Genesect counters:
Heatran

Hoppodon doesn't counter Mega Lucario. If Hippodon takes a +2 CC it can kiss it's ass good bye. (Especialy if it switches in) as then Lucario can just finish with anything.
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 364-430 (86.6 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

No switch in on safe = No counter.

It's a check. That's it.

You're probably gonna put it in 1st turn not hit them while they set up then switch to hippowdon when they're already at +2 that's stupid