This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They just need to completely abolish HM's..

#1GenoPosted 2/17/2014 11:50:28 AM
.. and instead, assign certain abilities to certain types of Pokemon. They can use Gym Badges to regulate when you can actually use those abilities. There's no reason that I shouldn't be able to use a Fearow to Fly after I have the Gym Badge, or move boulders with a Machamp on principle. Why do I have to waste attack slots or, in the worst case scenario, waste a whole Pokemon slot on an HM Slave?

Six generations and countless games and they still have yet to move beyond this. So many improvements and no-one at the company's thought to do this yet?

For those of you that prefer to use HM moves (like Surf and Waterfall), just simply make them TM's. Problems solved all around, and I don't have to have a Bibarel in my party so I can Surf, Cut, Waterfall and Strength.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#2Ultima_WraithPosted 2/17/2014 11:52:38 AM
In Couriway Town is a guy who asks if people would like a device to turn you into pokemon, the HMs should be handled by having this device that turns you into a certain pokemon to perform the action you need, and then you change back when done. It wouldn't take up move slots, it would let the moves still be known by some pokemon for battle purposes if necessary, but be overwriteable, and it would allow you to upgrade the device as the game goes on to get new transformations to do what the HMs did before.
---
| 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | When bored, I post impromptu song lyrics.
Vs. Recorder Videos: PETW-WWWW-WWW4-GP9S & 39FG-WWWW-WWW4-H2NP
#3BlitzTHedgehogPosted 2/17/2014 11:52:44 AM
I agree that HMs are a bit unnecessary, but this gen didn't handle it too badly. My team never consisted of anyone with an HM, and the only time I ever remember needing to switch my team to have one that did was right outside of a town, so I could switch them right back out anyway (with the exception to Victory Road).
---
FC 4725-8215-0096