This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I capture Squirtle?

#1Cyborg_ZthunderPosted 2/18/2014 12:09:12 AM(edited)
Squirtle was my favorite pokemon back when I use to play and when I tried playing the other games after that I could never find a Squirtle.....can I get one in this game? And if so, could I clone them? I want a team of Squirtles.
#2CountPopeulaPosted 2/18/2014 12:11:13 AM
You can have one given to you about an hour into the game, and you can catch Wartortle in the friend safari.

And you can breed them.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#3LexifoxPosted 2/18/2014 12:11:17 AM
A bit after the first gym, you're allowed to choose between a Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle. Shortly after this, you get access to an area that lets you breed Pokemon, so you can get more Squirtle (get a female for easier breeding).

After you beat the game, you can catch Wartortle if you know someone with the right Friend Code.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4NINDOXPosted 2/18/2014 12:12:58 AM
Don't forget Wonder Trade. I've gotten a few Squirtles that way.
---
MGO: NINDOX
#5Cyborg_Zthunder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 12:23:23 AM(edited)
Okay cool.....if I train all my Squirtles to lvl 100 do you think I could beat some people online?
#6Pervert_KuhnPosted 2/18/2014 12:23:38 AM
Online battles set all pokemon to level 50.
---
My Let's Play Channel (Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOokamiDen
3DS FC: 4768-7650-8206
#7HopesNo1FanPosted 2/18/2014 12:24:26 AM
Cyborg_Zthunder posted...
Okay cool.....if I train all my Squirtles to lvl 100 do you think I could beat some people online?

Nope.
---
Pokemon Y FC 3668-8772-1047 IGN: Croix -SV 1839-
(Mankey, Sawk, Breelom) PM ME if you want to be added!
#8CountPopeulaPosted 2/18/2014 12:26:21 AM
Also, I'm pretty sure everything but free battles automatically enforce a species clause, so you can only use one.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#9Cyborg_Zthunder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 12:30:56 AM
CountPopeula posted...
Also, I'm pretty sure everything but free battles automatically enforce a species clause, so you can only use one.

Huh? That sucks. I wanted to be known as the Squirtle guy or something.

Okay, what about beating the whole game with just Squirtle? Could I do that? I use to have a bunch of friends when I was younger with Pokemon red/blue and I literally traded with all of them and had a team of Squirtles (well except one that I let transform up to Blastoise) but it was still cool cause I would pull him out last and people would be like " Oh **** that's the dad!".lol

......I miss my childhood......
#10BlissedIgnorancPosted 2/18/2014 12:32:17 AM
Cyborg_Zthunder posted...

No because literally almost every online Pokemon player takes this game so seriously it borders obsession. It's rather unhealthy.
---
3DS FC: 3754 7732 9971 Fighting Safari - Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue