This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

attn: People who play Pokemon, or even handhelds in public

#51MogKnightAzurePosted 2/18/2014 9:49:58 AM
It doesn't matter what other people think about you playing a handheld in public.. I mean first of all, thats the whole point of handheld systems in the first place. But secondly... what kind of dickbag do you need to be to judge someone like that? Even worse if you openly demean a complete stranger minding their own business and enjoying themselves.

You should NEVER have to feel like you need to hide from people like that. You're better than they are. Just imagine the kind of miserable existence they must live.

http://s49.photobucket.com/user/katietiedrich/media/comic146.png.html

This comic sums it up pretty well. People grow up and realize that they are the adults now and its up to them to decide what that means for them. The bullies that never grew up are bagging your groceries at walmart as a result of being insufferable people that nobody wants to socialize with.

http://xkcd.com/219/
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#52DrakJayPosted 2/18/2014 9:50:44 AM
MVK23 posted...
DrakJay posted...
Once I was on a bus getting BP at the Maison and this huuge guy comes and sits next to me. So we sit in awkwardness while he looks he has the strength to snap my neck. All of a sudden he goes "Yo, do you have a Skitty? I wanna play with one of them in Amie. ****ing adorable. "

So I trade him a skitty and got a 6iv Rotom out of it. We registered each other.

That's straight out of an imgur post.
Do you lie to get laughs all the time?

No. Just now.
---
My best battle right here: K9TG-WWWW-WWW4-GSUU
3DS FC: 1762 2757 4092 Safari: Phampy, Diggersby, Camperupt
#53OfficialAce-KunPosted 2/18/2014 9:53:54 AM
One random dude told me my Ampharos needed Double Edge. I don;t think he knew how to play the game.
---
Anybody wanna join DELPHOXHOUND? Anybody?
#54Miggi3Fr3shPosted 2/18/2014 1:12:44 PM
I always like topics like these. To hear about the different reactions that people have to people play Pokemon or video games in general. It baffles me that people shun gamers or look down on them. Yet these are the vapid individuals who rather talk about what a celebrity did or how a certain team won the game. (Granted I do both of those, I just consider them equally vapid and am also a gamer so.. I dunno).

What's just as bad are the bro-gamers vs the RPGers. Halo/CoD will always degrade a person who plays Pokemon, Mario, or even more "adult" themed RPGs.
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 FS: Excadrill, Forretress, Mawile
The Official Goomy of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#55Puma_ItaliaPosted 2/18/2014 1:14:36 PM
People may have seen me playing, and then went on with their lives.
---
Nintendo 3DS: 3866-8160-2735
#56DDRstud712Posted 2/18/2014 1:25:35 PM
DrakJay posted...
Once I was on a bus getting BP at the Maison and this huuge guy comes and sits next to me. So we sit in awkwardness while he looks he has the strength to snap my neck. All of a sudden he goes "Yo, do you have a Skitty? I wanna play with one of them in Amie. ****ing adorable. "

So I trade him a skitty and got a 6iv Rotom out of it. We registered each other.

lol that would be me for sure. except I wouldn't ask for a skitty I'd ask for a shiny or some ****

I'm a bodybuilder so it always catches people extremely off guard when I reveal to them my really nerdy hobbies, love for pokemon, etc.
---
Boomer Sooner Track team 2008-2012
#57matdsotm3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 1:40:07 PM
MogKnightAzure posted...
It doesn't matter what other people think about you playing a handheld in public.. I mean first of all, thats the whole point of handheld systems in the first place. But secondly... what kind of dickbag do you need to be to judge someone like that? Even worse if you openly demean a complete stranger minding their own business and enjoying themselves.

You should NEVER have to feel like you need to hide from people like that. You're better than they are. Just imagine the kind of miserable existence they must live.

http://s49.photobucket.com/user/katietiedrich/media/comic146.png.html

This comic sums it up pretty well. People grow up and realize that they are the adults now and its up to them to decide what that means for them. The bullies that never grew up are bagging your groceries at walmart as a result of being insufferable people that nobody wants to socialize with.

http://xkcd.com/219/

I think if most people saw this dude on the right playing Pokemon
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_megsv9tlHh1qasthro1_1280.jpg
They would think "uh what a weirdo, playing Pokemon in public"

But if they saw a fit, handsome, well adjusted dude playing Pokemon they would think "oh that's so cool, he doesn't give a **** what people think"
#58MogKnightAzurePosted 2/18/2014 1:49:57 PM
matdsotm3 posted...

I think if most people saw this dude on the right playing Pokemon
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_megsv9tlHh1qasthro1_1280.jpg
They would think "uh what a weirdo, playing Pokemon in public"

But if they saw a fit, handsome, well adjusted dude playing Pokemon they would think "oh that's so cool, he doesn't give a **** what people think"

Honestly if you look like that I think pokemon would be the last thing anyone notices about you. Even for what this guy does, I don't think they're gonna notice that he sniffs bike seats before they notice his face unless their first glimpse of him happens to also catch him in the act. This isn't an issue on playing pokemon in public. Same if you put no effort into personal hygiene and you smell like a bare, sour ass everywhere you go... people are going to notice your 'aura' before they care about what you're actually doing in public in the first place.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro