This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Cont Again..

#11ScarlettailPosted 2/18/2014 12:35:34 PM
I like how the chat completely stalls out during democracy so it seems like there's no inputs at all, meaning only the Start9s get through. That's kind of not good.
---
3DS FC: 1805-2178-2522 Safari: Delibird, Sneasel, Dewgong
#12BigWorldJust(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 12:35:47 PM
Yeah the Start9 thing is becoming really annoying. They should disable Start altogether, honestly.
---
PSN ID: xXMiista_St0ner
3DS FC: 2148-8253-4976
#13MogKnightAzurePosted 2/18/2014 12:35:53 PM
TheJester2 posted...

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

This, but only because the destination seems pretty impossible to reach at this point. I'm incredibly impressed that the game has gotten even this far but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before they release Pidgeot and the run is scrapped.

What keeps me entertained by the run is the possibility that it could continue.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#14Kromlech06Posted 2/18/2014 12:36:47 PM
shdwdrgnix posted...
so was this originally meant to be a social experiment on human nature?

You don't need an experiment to be able to point out that reddit and 4chan ruin everything all the time.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
TSV: 466 IGN: Lia
#15massifbeefPosted 2/18/2014 12:37:25 PM
What's with the anarchy and democracy thing?
---
My signature? I'd be happy to... NOT TELL YOU!
FC: 2165-5608-6960 Safari: Garbodor, Seviper, Whirlipede
#16Wings of FortePosted 2/18/2014 12:40:49 PM
BigWorldJust posted...
Yeah the Start9 thing is becoming really annoying. They should disable Start altogether, honestly.

It's being abused by the anarchists. Anytime it changes to democracy, they spam Start9, paralyzing the character long enough to swing back to anarchy so they can get what they want.

Basically the GOP Congress strategy...
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
FC: 0302-0723-2743
#17HabefietPosted 2/18/2014 12:41:01 PM
MogKnightAzure posted...
TheJester2 posted...

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

This, but only because the destination seems pretty impossible to reach at this point. I'm incredibly impressed that the game has gotten even this far but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before they release Pidgeot and the run is scrapped.

What keeps me entertained by the run is the possibility that it could continue.

Pidgeot getting released would be almost inconsequential since he's terrible anyway and we can grind up the other stuff as needed (once we get Lapras if we grind him up we can sweep with Surf and Strength and whatever else it ends up with without much trouble)

With democracy existing victory is inevitable, the question is when rather than if

Which is boring

BigWorldJust posted...
Yeah the Start9 thing is becoming really annoying. They should disable Democracy altogether, honestly.

yup
#18DarkKirby2500Posted 2/18/2014 12:41:32 PM
massifbeef posted...
What's with the anarchy and democracy thing?

Apparently because navigating Rocket Hideout with it's arrow puzzle could not overcome both randomness, delay, and most importantly, trolls, they implemented a system in which movement was decided by votes if the chat voted for it.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#19Muffinz0rzPosted 2/18/2014 12:41:39 PM
BigWorldJust posted...

I agree, what purpose does start even serve? If they really want to save, maybe create save states or something every half hour or whatever. They won't lose any progress unless the server crashes.

Reorganizing the party? Pfft. Good luck with that.

As for the pokÚdex, trainer card, options...there's nothing necessary about any other choices in the start menu.

tl;dr: disable the start menu.
---
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
BRAVELY DEFAULT: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 + FS: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.
#20TheJester2Posted 2/18/2014 12:42:06 PM
Kromlech06 posted...
shdwdrgnix posted...
so was this originally meant to be a social experiment on human nature?

You don't need an experiment to be able to point out that reddit and 4chan ruin everything all the time.

Here we go again...

How did reddit or 4chan ruin this at all? Reddit has done nothing but positively promote the stream, and 4chan is what it always is, mostly garbage with some bright spots.

The irony here of course is that the twitchplayspokemon subreddit has probably actually contributed a lot to the success of the stream.

But no, just senselessly bash other sites. On GAMEFAQS of all places.
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator for potential sexual innuendo]
GT: TheLordOfLinens http://i.imgur.com/LzUKiAC.jpg - Score!