This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Cont Again..

#31HabefietPosted 2/18/2014 12:53:53 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Habefiet posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Wings of Forte posted...
BigWorldJust posted...
Yeah the Start9 thing is becoming really annoying. They should disable Start altogether, honestly.

It's being abused by the anarchists. Anytime it changes to democracy, they spam Start9, paralyzing the character long enough to swing back to anarchy so they can get what they want.

Basically the GOP Congress strategy...

That fact that Start9 is winning is proof how many people in the chat are actually trolls. Around or over 50%.

Also, the democrats are as full of crap as the republicans, and are as equally unwilling to negotiate.

Do not turn this into a debate about real-world politics or you will almost certainly get modded, just warning you

I'm just responding to a post. If you want to complain to someone about not bringing in real politics talk to Wings of Forte.

"He started it" doesn't change anything and my response was to both of you

I didn't say I'd mod you, I'm not a mod, I'm just warning both of you that both initiating and responding to massively off-topic content is a bad idea

ANYway

The war of anarchy v. democracy rages, we were democracy for a while and so much nothing happened that anarchy is almost back, it's becoming readily apparent that the anarchists are going to fight democracy in every way they can and since they really do appear to have a majority more power to them (although I'm biased because, while I'm not voting atm, I'm definitely on the side of anarchy, democracy is so utterly boring even without trollishness as to be absurd, if I wanted to watch myself move forward one space every ten seconds in Pokemon Red I'd go press buttons slowly in Pokemon Red

LOOOOOOL democracy got stuck in front of a tree with people pressing B and the INSTANT it reverts to anarchy we somehow cut the three, amazing
#32zelionxPosted 2/18/2014 12:54:32 PM
Flareon is dead. Hooray! Sweet vengeance
---
FC: 5412-9925-4803
IGN: Justin
#33Wings of FortePosted 2/18/2014 12:57:51 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Habefiet posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Wings of Forte posted...
BigWorldJust posted...
Yeah the Start9 thing is becoming really annoying. They should disable Start altogether, honestly.

It's being abused by the anarchists. Anytime it changes to democracy, they spam Start9, paralyzing the character long enough to swing back to anarchy so they can get what they want.

Basically the GOP Congress strategy...

That fact that Start9 is winning is proof how many people in the chat are actually trolls. Around or over 50%.

Also, the democrats are as full of crap as the republicans, and are as equally unwilling to negotiate.

Do not turn this into a debate about real-world politics or you will almost certainly get modded, just warning you

I'm just responding to a post. If you want to complain to someone about not bringing in real politics talk to Wings of Forte.

There is nothing to debate about, I just found two methods of screwing the system over to be analogous.
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
FC: 0302-0723-2743
#34ScarlettailPosted 2/18/2014 12:58:54 PM
Time for endless hours of being stuck in the maze again.
---
3DS FC: 1805-2178-2522 Safari: Delibird, Sneasel, Dewgong
#35TheCAWWItachiPosted 2/18/2014 12:59:26 PM
Flareon wasn't released... it simply escaped from Red to find abby and Jay Leno so that it can finish the job! May the helix fossil protect them!!!!
---
I am crowman, mighty protector of the crowclan! Fear me and my crows! You can reach me with either the crowcall or crow signal!
CAWW! CAWW! CAWW!
#36XazealPosted 2/18/2014 1:00:09 PM
In Anarchy mode, certain areas simply won't be possible to make it through within a reasonable time frame. If they're going to get stuck for days on a certain area, by all means, switch to Democracy.

However, I think Democracy should only ever be used in those extreme cases. Letting the viewers vote for which mode to use was a huge mistake in my opinion.
---
3DS FC: 5026-4823-1543
Official Officialty of the Officialityness Board.
#37TheJester2Posted 2/18/2014 1:01:17 PM
What's more impressive is that even the mode switches to Democracy, the opposing side generally has enough votes/inputs to shift the mode slowly back towards anarchy while also maintaining Start9.

That means that usually the people who favor anarchy are winning the input battle.
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator for potential sexual innuendo]
GT: TheLordOfLinens http://i.imgur.com/LzUKiAC.jpg - Score!
#38DarkKirby2500Posted 2/18/2014 1:09:59 PM(edited)
Xazeal posted...
In Anarchy mode, certain areas simply won't be possible to make it through within a reasonable time frame. If they're going to get stuck for days on a certain area, by all means, switch to Democracy.

However, I think Democracy should only ever be used in those extreme cases. Letting the viewers vote for which mode to use was a huge mistake in my opinion.

Supposedly that's the reason it takes 75% votes to switch rather than 50%.

But I'm not sure what 75% votes even equates to. 75% of what?

I suppose them system is set so the chat decides when it's time for Democracy and not the mod.

One thing the polls do show is just how many people in the chat are actually trolls, which is around or over 50%.

I know this is the internet but I actually find it surprising that many people are spending their time trying to screw with the people trying to beat the game. 1/2 of the people in chat? I surmise they got 4 badges only because the stream wasn't popular yet and didn't attract all the trolls.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#39thetruesoraPosted 2/18/2014 1:06:28 PM
do we have any hope currently? what with start9 now can even the mighty helix save us?
---
I love KH BBS, it's the reason I got a PSP and I don't regret it.
my 3DS Friend Code: 4468 - 0983 - 4236
#40HabefietPosted 2/18/2014 1:07:34 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Xazeal posted...

Supposedly that's the reason it takes 75% votes to switch rather than 50%.

But I'm not sure what 75% votes even equates to. 75% of what?

One thing the polls do show is just how many people in the chat are actually trolls, which is around 50%.

I'm guessing it must be 75% of some arbitrary number of recent votes, because you're quite right that otherwise it makes no sense

How do the polls show how many chatters are trolls? Some of the people who are doing Start9 and the like are doubtless not trolls, just diehard anarchy supporters who want to force the switch whenever it's democracy