This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favourite Pokemon: Part 8: The Eeveelution

#21metroxilPosted 2/18/2014 2:35:26 PM
Jolteon no contest
Was my favorite pokemon for a while until he was replaced by Gardevoir but still hold a special place in my heart. Plus he's my favorite type Electric
---
Hoenn
#22ChapFromKrugisPosted 2/18/2014 3:04:03 PM
Flareon is the only non-lame one.
---
3DS FC: 5412-9912-6820 | IGN: Neo (Y) Makoto (X) | TSV: 1879 |
http://i.imgur.com/7Xwzm4i.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/UH3gNcZ.png
#23jakenlucasPosted 2/18/2014 3:08:24 PM
Espeon, Vaporeon, and Sylveon will always be my favorites.
---
White FC: 0003 2995 4383--3DS FC: 1805-2657-3933
#24Matt_the_noobPosted 2/18/2014 3:11:14 PM
Vaporeon got me through XD flawlessly.
---
"Can use advanced options." "feels special"
2DS FC 2638 - 1134 - 1121
#25DrunkenPilot72Posted 2/18/2014 3:31:09 PM
MogKnightAzure posted...
SoTactfullyEvil posted...
Love all of them but

Competitive:

Espeon=Jolteon>Sylveon>Umbreon=Vaporeon>Flareon>Leafeon>Glaceon

See now thats pretty interesting. I'm quite certain Vaporeon is unarguably the best Eeveelution competitively speaking. Certainly, to put it below Sylveon and equal to Umbreon is absolutely wrong. Sylveon can TRY to be like Vaporeon and come up close enough that it can be a viable alternative but its just not quite as good as ol vappy.

Jolteon and Espeon are both offensive Eeveelutions... and we all know what eeveelution movepools are like.

Vaporeon is one of the best bulky waters. Has the best bulk of the eeveelutions with a mono-water typing AND Wish running off a fantastic base 130 HP. STAB from Scald off 110 base SpA isn't half bad either, even though the main draw is burning and outlasting with Vappy, it can still punch pretty decently. Roar for phazing, Ice Beam for coverage... can also run Acid Armor/Aqua Ring/Baton Pass. It really has a lot going for it.

Hold on, while I agree that Vaporeon is an amazing pokemon and easily among the best Eevees, isn't putting it as undisputed best a little much? Sylveon has amazing 130 special bulk, Heal Bell, and a STABBED Hyper Voice off of a 110 SpA (Strongest Fairy Attack aside from the suicidal Pixilate Hyper Beam) which makes it an amazing special cleric that is viable in uber tier of all places.

Also is Espeon still seen as a special attacker? I thought her dominant role was Dual Screens since she got magic bounce.

I agree with Jolteon. As much as I love that Eevee, it has only one role with only one viable move set since its move pool is so shallow. Still being a brain dead check to Greninja is nice.

To my understanding, the current Eevee ranking is as follows:

OU: Vaporeon, Sylveon, Espeon, Jolteon (though a drop to BL wouldn't be surprising)
RU: Umbreon, Glaceon, Leafeon
LC/NFE: Eevee
Flareon tier: Flareon
---
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095, IGN: Y, Normal Safari: Chansey, Teddiursa, Minccino
#26tempest_storm34Posted 2/19/2014 4:29:52 PM
DrunkenPilot72 posted...
MogKnightAzure posted...
SoTactfullyEvil posted...
Love all of them but

Competitive:

Espeon=Jolteon>Sylveon>Umbreon=Vaporeon>Flareon>Leafeon>Glaceon

See now thats pretty interesting. I'm quite certain Vaporeon is unarguably the best Eeveelution competitively speaking. Certainly, to put it below Sylveon and equal to Umbreon is absolutely wrong. Sylveon can TRY to be like Vaporeon and come up close enough that it can be a viable alternative but its just not quite as good as ol vappy.

Jolteon and Espeon are both offensive Eeveelutions... and we all know what eeveelution movepools are like.

Vaporeon is one of the best bulky waters. Has the best bulk of the eeveelutions with a mono-water typing AND Wish running off a fantastic base 130 HP. STAB from Scald off 110 base SpA isn't half bad either, even though the main draw is burning and outlasting with Vappy, it can still punch pretty decently. Roar for phazing, Ice Beam for coverage... can also run Acid Armor/Aqua Ring/Baton Pass. It really has a lot going for it.

Hold on, while I agree that Vaporeon is an amazing pokemon and easily among the best Eevees, isn't putting it as undisputed best a little much? Sylveon has amazing 130 special bulk, Heal Bell, and a STABBED Hyper Voice off of a 110 SpA (Strongest Fairy Attack aside from the suicidal Pixilate Hyper Beam) which makes it an amazing special cleric that is viable in uber tier of all places.

Uh, no, Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice is a lot more powerful.
---
FC: 1693-1529-4475. Safari: Zebstrika, Emolga, Helioptile
#27DrunkenPilot72Posted 2/19/2014 6:29:21 PM
tempest_storm34 posted...

Uh, no, Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice is a lot more powerful.

My fault for not clarifying: I meant that Hyper Voice is the strongest viable Fairy attack, not that Sylveon's is the strongest.
---
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095, IGN: Y, Normal Safari: Chansey, Teddiursa, Minccino