This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega evolution and pokemon team

#1Golbez_OmegaPosted 2/18/2014 5:37:05 PM
This is a bit of a silly question but.. is it worthed to make a team full of "mega pokemons" ? or the "normal" ones are just as good?
---
Trainer Name: Felipe
3DS Friend Code: 4554-1092-0729 [GROUND, Trapinch, Marowak, Diggersby]
#2RLutecePosted 2/18/2014 5:42:48 PM
Golbez_Omega posted...
This is a bit of a silly question but.. is it worthed to make a team full of "mega pokemons" ? or the "normal" ones are just as good?

Well, You can only have one Pokèmon Mega Evolve, so having them all with their Mega Stones, would be silly,
---
" The mind of the Subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist . . ."
My FC: 4184-2175-0623 IGN: Trayton #GivePringlesBack
#3SirPikachuPosted 2/18/2014 5:43:34 PM
You can only have one Mega on a team. And it's fine to not have one.
---
3DS FC: 2380-3181-9777
#4DrunkenPilot72Posted 2/18/2014 5:44:45 PM
You only get 1 ME per battle so having an entire team is useless since only one can evolve.

What you can do is make a team with multiple ME possible pokemon but only give one the stone while the others run normal sets. T-tar, Gyarados, and Scizor are all pokemon who have great normal sets (Choice items, Life Orb, Assault Vest, etc) but also have solid MEs. Gyarados specifically is a great ME mind game since the ME has a different typing than the normal form. Likewise Charizard is notorious for teams mispredicting the ME and getting slaughtered as a result.
---
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095, IGN: Y, Normal Safari: Chansey, Teddiursa, Minccino
#5Golbez_Omega(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 5:46:44 PM
Oh.. I didn't even tried..

everyone can epic facepalm me hahaha Thanks for the nice replies tho.
---
Trainer Name: Felipe
3DS Friend Code: 4554-1092-0729 [GROUND, Trapinch, Marowak, Diggersby]
#6MysteriousZPosted 2/18/2014 5:51:25 PM(edited)
you can only have 1 Mega on a team so having them all hold the Stone is a waste of a item slot you should only have one hold the stone and the rest have other items (Choice item/Assault Vest/Weakness policy/
---
Rock Safari-Barbaracle,Pupitar,Nosepass---IGN:Zach
3DS FC:5112-3592-1916
#7EthanDelpartePosted 2/20/2014 8:59:31 PM
it can be helpful though, as your opponent wont know which is the mega, and can end up misplaying and losing the game.
---
FC: 2122 - 7195 - 8194, not sure what my friend safari is... (yet)
#8Oblivion_HeroPosted 2/20/2014 9:07:24 PM
EthanDelparte posted...
it can be helpful though, as your opponent wont know which is the mega, and can end up misplaying and losing the game.

This, though as stated before, don't sac team synergy for it.

Like, Garchomp, Tyranitar and Scizor all can work really well together on a sand team normally, and all do have viable megas to mess with your opponent. And then, Mega Chomp plays entirely differently than Normal Chomp when used optimally, which helps create a mindgame in the same way Zard Y and Zard X play differently. There's also the megas that get type changes than they mega evolve or significant ability changes (Gyarados and Zard X, that intimidating Admiral Wolverine Lightning Bolt).
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.