This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Samuel L. Jackson's "WHOOOAAA!!" Serebii

#11GalapagozPosted 2/19/2014 1:10:05 PM
drlolimaster posted...
KzTxL7 posted...
All the pokemon I put in there I want deleted. I was too lazy to release them all myself.

lol. great idea. much faster.

---
3DS:0361 6632 9155
#12Lucidious89Posted 2/19/2014 1:15:50 PM
Yeah, it really is a stupid system. MMO's save all of your stuff on their servers indefinitely (until the servers themselves are shut down, of course), even if you cancel your subscription. I could (if I suddenly felt like torturing myself) pick up where I left off in WoW 4 years ago at any time, and not have to worry that my characters were deleted.

Pokemon Bank has to store much, much less data than an MMO does. It's very silly to me that they'd flat out delete everything. For this reason, I have no intention on using Bank beyond the trial period, because I have no desire to have to keep tabs on subscription renewals, and becoming paranoid that all my work is deleted over 5 bucks.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 1177-7400-8683 Safari: Kakuna, Whirlipede, Venomoth
#13darkshadowspawnPosted 2/19/2014 1:47:29 PM
Lucidious89 posted...
Yeah, it really is a stupid system. MMO's save all of your stuff on their servers indefinitely (until the servers themselves are shut down, of course), even if you cancel your subscription. I could (if I suddenly felt like torturing myself) pick up where I left off in WoW 4 years ago at any time, and not have to worry that my characters were deleted.

Pokemon Bank has to store much, much less data than an MMO does. It's very silly to me that they'd flat out delete everything. For this reason, I have no intention on using Bank beyond the trial period, because I have no desire to have to keep tabs on subscription renewals, and becoming paranoid that all my work is deleted over 5 bucks.

True, but the servers for MMOs are hundreds (perhaps thousands) of times more powerful than the cloud server that Nintendo is using...

I also don't really have need of the Bank beyond the trial (and only for the Celebi)...I don't have access to any other games. I suppose if I end up picking other games up later on (I've got a decent used media store nearby...DVDs, CDs, Blu-Ray, games [from every system], etc.), I'll renew it to pass anything interesting on, but that's not really in the cards right now.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh