This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suddenly I realized the fear of being trap in a secluded space

#1fedartzPosted 2/20/2014 6:37:01 PM
called Pokeballs. What happens to a claustrophobic Pokemon who's been force to stuck inside that Tiny ball. If you remember Muk you can imagine how on earth did this creature blast their crap inside.
---
Repeat after me Try to make sense of everything is an exercise of stupidity
Now you're officially become one of my serf
#2Dreadsword101Posted 2/20/2014 6:39:00 PM
There's apparently an entire virtual world within Pokeballs.

At least in some continuities. In others it seems that the Pokemon are stuck in the equivalent of a hamster ball.
---
3DS FC: 3909-7732-4433 IGN: Ethan
This isn't just an FC, it's an FC.
#3BurnedPotatoesPosted 2/20/2014 6:40:25 PM
Dreadsword101 posted...
There's apparently an entire virtual world within Pokeballs.

At least in some continuities. In others it seems that the Pokemon are stuck in the equivalent of a hamster ball.

---
3DS FC: 4656-7454-0042 FS: Flying Type, Pidgey, Tranquill, and Rufflet
I don't give people serious answers unless needed.
#4Cheesy_PiePosted 2/20/2014 6:40:36 PM
Well, in the show they've been able to leave of their own volition.

But take the show with a grain of salt.
---
>') Nom
#5fedartz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 6:44:54 PM
Cheesy_Pie posted...
Well, in the show they've been able to leave of their own volition.

But take the show with a grain of salt.

Iirc some balls in pokemon movie capture Pokemon without fail. They even have their minds of their own creepy...
---
Repeat after me Try to make sense of everything is an exercise of stupidity
Now you're officially become one of my serf
#6A_DoorknobPosted 2/20/2014 6:49:49 PM
It's actually been shown in both the games and anime that Pokémon can enter and leave their Poké Balls at will, so they're not stuck in there. They're more like portable rooms than cages. The interior of a Poké Ball has been described as an extremely comfortable simulated environment that perfectly fits the tastes of the Pokémon who lives there, but the exact details of the interior are deliberately kept vague to spark players' imaginations, according to Masuda.

For that matter, it's implied that when you catch a Pokémon, it's actually agreeing to be your partner and accompanying you by its own will, so the act of "catching" a Pokémon is more like a ritual in which the wild Pokémon tests the Trainer and his/her Pokémon while determining whether the Trainer would make a worthy partner. When a Pokémon is caught, it means that it accepts you as its friend, which is apparent by how often they describe catching a Pokémon as making friends with it throughout X and Y. Some NPC dialogue mentions that if a Pokémon didn't want to be with a Trainer, it would just get up and leave, and that indeed has apparently happened before. A lot of the Pokémon living at Pokémon Village may have left their Trainers, and it's mentioned that Snivy are disproportionately likely to abandon an incompetent beginning Trainer.