This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Special version of Huge/Pure Power

#11TropiOUsPosted 2/23/2014 8:57:26 PM
OnlyAHero posted...
Taimanin_Asagi posted...
... what if Aggron had it? He has loads of Special moves for some reason, would it at least become usable?

Base 120 Special Attack isn't bad at all.

That is not even close to what Aggron sp.a would be with a special gufe power.
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON
#12AwesomeMarioPosted 2/23/2014 9:08:03 PM(edited)
We have burn to deal with Huge/Pure power pokemon. If a Huge/Pure power version of special atk existed the game would fear towars it due to the fact that they can do nothing to cripple it without losing half of your team (assuming the pokemon who receives it has good stats).

Edit: Only thing that the pokemon who were to receive this hypothetical ability are blobs, goodra and Mega Latias as they are the best special walls in the game.
---
PSN/NN: Shadow 2684. FC:1375-8297-7361.
People who think I'm Awesome: 17
#13Nomorice4U(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 11:48:30 PM
AwesomeMario posted...
We have burn to deal with Huge/Pure power pokemon. If a Huge/Pure power version of special atk existed the game would fear towars it due to the fact that they can do nothing to cripple it without losing half of your team (assuming the pokemon who receives it has good stats).

Edit: Only thing that the pokemon who were to receive this hypothetical ability are blobs, goodra and Mega Latias as they are the best special walls in the game.

They should introduce a new status effect.

Depression: Those inflicted by this status require 2PP to execute an action. They also lose the ability to concentrate causing their SpAtk to be greatly reduced.

Moves that could inflict depression: Hex, Pain Split, Perish Song, Foul Play, Psyshock, Worry Seed (in addition to its current affects), etc.

On a side note, Burn really isn't a huge reason for the existence of Huge/Pure Power. It's hardly a requirement to always burn Azu and MMaw.
---
FC: 3711-8087-2809
FS: Dragon - Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo
#14Lord_IchmaelPosted 2/24/2014 12:00:38 AM
GameFreak hates special attacks.

And a special Pure Power Aggron would have the equivalent of base 169.5 Special Attack. Base stats aren't an exact correlation of actual stats. I go from Base 100 = 299 at neutral nature and work from there (each point away from base 100 is equivalent to 2 points away from 299). Positive natures give a 10% rounded down increase, and negative natures give a 10% rounded up decrease.

I learned all this from Smogon's pages.
---
3DS: 1779-0958-5275 Pokemon Y IGN: Ichmael
Cloner of the Official Good Trader/Cloners/Breeders/Non-Scammers Guild (currently can't clone)
#15kclaujamesPosted 2/24/2014 12:31:19 AM
Nomorice4U posted...
Why doesn't it exist yet? My Warlock Delphox (Male), appropriately named Grindelwald, screams for it - it is after all made to be the Gandalf/Tellah/Dumbledore of Pokemon (yes I am fully aware of it's more feminine leaning and is most likely inspired by things like Lulu/Zelda/Red Fairy God Mother). It would then be able to hit hard enough to balance out it's lacklustre everything else.

What should it be called? Wise mind? Enlightened?
---
Pokemon XY Friend Safari Type: Fairy
Pokemon: Swirlix, Togepi, Floette FC: 2509 2175 4600
#16UmuruPosted 2/24/2014 12:53:11 AM
Xynaxus64 posted...
Imagine if they made this Mewtwo's new HA.

Wouldn't that be like imagining Huge Power for Mewtwo or Slaking? That is, the least likely scenario ever. If anything is getting the ability, it would be a ~420 BST Pokemon that would have something like 60 as their base Special Attack at the highest. Perhaps it could be a Medicham exclusive ability...
---
3DS FC: 5370-0398-2889
#17Nomorice4U(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 1:24:26 AM
kclaujames posted...
Nomorice4U posted...
Why doesn't it exist yet? My Warlock Delphox (Male), appropriately named Grindelwald, screams for it - it is after all made to be the Gandalf/Tellah/Dumbledore of Pokemon (yes I am fully aware of it's more feminine leaning and is most likely inspired by things like Lulu/Zelda/Red Fairy God Mother). It would then be able to hit hard enough to balance out it's lacklustre everything else.

What should it be called? Wise mind? Enlightened?

Focus State like in Delphox X description.
---
FC: 3711-8087-2809
FS: Dragon - Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo
#18Taimanin_AsagiPosted 2/24/2014 1:33:10 AM
Holy ****, Kyurem-W level?

Well, it doesn't get any Rock-type Special attacks. I think.
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification