This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's with this fandom's obsession with Umbreon

#11NeoFalconHavokPosted 2/25/2014 10:28:50 AM
People are attracted to Pokemon based on their looks, not their stats.

Tis why everyone complains about how ugly newer Pokemon are/can be. Tis also why people usually buy the versions with the cooler looking legendary mascots.

That said, Umbreon is the coolest looking eevee form, hands down. If people stopped going into "metagame" logic and applying it to the appeal of Pokemon in general, there'd be a lot more understanding going on.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#12Teh_Tiltyu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 10:29:52 AM
NeoFalconHavok posted...

Tis why everyone complains about how ugly newer Pokemon are/can be. Tis also why people usually buy the versions with the cooler looking legendary mascots.

That said, Umbreon is the coolest looking eevee form, hands down. If people stopped going into "metagame" logic and applying it to the appeal of Pokemon in general, there'd be a lot more understanding going on.

by that logic i should be using swadloon in my teams :/

but i do have a lv100 swadloon
---
King of Fighters is objectively the best franchise.
"Mounted Emblem: Sigurdology of the Holsety War" - heavylobsterguy
#13Gogito4Posted 2/25/2014 10:29:56 AM
NeoFalconHavok posted...

Espeon is the coolest, but this mostly covers it.
---
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#14DarkDragon386Posted 2/25/2014 10:30:36 AM
I think all the Eeveelutions get way too much love personally, except for maybe Flareon and Leafeon.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#15RatheVPosted 2/25/2014 10:30:55 AM
NeoFalconHavok posted...

But an ugly pokemon stays ugly forever. The metagame can change, though - nobody would use Politoed in gen 4 competitively, but gen 5 changed that.
#16FroakieblokePosted 2/25/2014 10:31:16 AM
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...

by that logic i should be using swadloon in my teams :/

but i do have a lv100 swadloon

Umbreon, while outclassed, is viable. Swadloon, however..
---
"Mon Dieu!" - Hercule Poirot
Need help getting any Pokemon, item and whatnot? Try the Gogoat Express on the Trade Board! They're very helpful :)
#17The_Sol_BladerPosted 2/25/2014 10:34:28 AM
Froakiebloke posted...
What about on a dark monotype team, huh

lol no it's still terrible. Mandibuzz is the superior defensive Dark type
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
3DS FC: 4682-9838-9692 TSV: 841
#18Dreadsword101Posted 2/25/2014 10:36:06 AM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
Froakiebloke posted...

---
3DS FC: 3909-7732-4433 IGN: Ethan
This isn't just an FC, it's an FC.
#19Teh_Tiltyu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 10:37:38 AM
Dreadsword101 posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
Froakiebloke posted...

you can still use dual-types on monotype teams as long as they have the correct type :p
---
King of Fighters is objectively the best franchise.
"Mounted Emblem: Sigurdology of the Holsety War" - heavylobsterguy
#20NeoFalconHavokPosted 2/25/2014 10:41:42 AM
I don't know how people found my post offensive. Just explaining reality. People like looks over stats. Didn't call for some smart ass remark about using swadloons or how ugly is forever.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO