This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got back into this, so lost. Little help?

#11DarkTelepath(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 12:53:20 PM
Froakiebloke posted...

If you have X, you can get Houndour on the same route as Eevee, but Dratini is only available later on. Do you want me to get you one quickly?

Since I have a Charmander and the water starter (which becomes Water/Dark), isn't Houndour kind of redundant?

Is Dragonite still good, or has he been replaced by newer and better dragons?
---
"I have an idea. It starts with 's' and ends with 'litting their throats.'"
~Belkar from The Order of the Stick
#12kirbydude385Posted 2/25/2014 12:55:08 PM
DarkTelepath posted...
Froakiebloke posted...

If you have X, you can get Houndour on the same route as Eevee, but Dratini is only available later on. Do you want me to get you one quickly?

Since I have a Charmander and the water starter (which becomes Water/Dark), isn't Houndour kind of redundant?

Dragonite is still good, though it's generally used a bit more defensively than other dragons like Salamence or Haxorus, but it's still good.
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
5000-1900-5785 | IGN: Kairos | Trapinch, Camerupt, Palpitoad
#13Insanylum13Posted 2/25/2014 12:55:52 PM
DarkTelepath posted...
Froakiebloke posted...

Garchomp is a lot better than Dragonite unless Dragonite had it's secret ability.
---
"Guns don't kill people the government does" -Dale Gribble
#14DarkTelepath(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 12:44:23 PM
So I've made some progress, grabbed a Jolteon (are they still good?), but I'm wondering how much I should care about natures and IVs?

It seems like a lot of my stronger pokemon have really bad IVs and natures, so should I be grinding away to try to catch the perfect pokemon, or does it not really matter until I get to the end of the game?
---
"I have an idea. It starts with 's' and ends with 'litting their throats.'"
~Belkar from The Order of the Stick
#15FroakieblokePosted 2/26/2014 12:47:09 PM
DarkTelepath posted...
So I've made some progress, grabbed a Jolteon (are they still good?), but I'm wondering how much I should care about natures and IVs?

It seems like a lot of my stronger pokemon have really bad IVs and natures, so should I be grinding away to try to catch the perfect pokemon, or does it not really matter until I get to the end of the game?

You don't need to worry about any of that. I didn't even pay attention to the difference between physical and special moves until gen 5, and I never had any trouble. Dratini is still on offer if you want it..
---
"Mon Dieu!" - Hercule Poirot
Need help getting any Pokemon, item and whatnot? Try the Gogoat Express on the Trade Board! They're very helpful :)