This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are people really this mad about the whole hacking thing?

#1ajko000Posted 2/25/2014 11:55:36 AM
OH NO! ONLINE IS RUINED!

Seriously? Between the asinine Pokemon nicknames, overpowered/smogon oriented teams and complete lack of variety, what the **** is the point?

I understand Pokemon is a social experience, which is why I play it with my friends. Does nobody here have friends? Do you have to be playing Pokemon 24/7 because you have nothing better to do?

I've always been a huge fan of cheating in Pokemon games, really, because it makes them more enjoyable. My friends do it too, and we all still have a pretty **** good time. You want a shiny that doesn't take you forever to obtain? "YOU'RE A PATHETIC LOSER!" No, we're just not going to spend that much time on something within a game. It's a game. Nintendo is the one who decides to make a big deal out of their product and content within that product, you have a choice to take it as they take it or realize it's a game, nothing more, nothing less.

I also understand growing attached to something you've worked hard for, which is totally cool, but that doesn't mean you need to force that philosophy down someone's throat if they have a different method.

Calm down people.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8X_Ot0k4XJc
#2MogKnightAzurePosted 2/25/2014 11:59:37 AM(edited)
STILL doesn't address the fact that no advantage is gained in hacked pokemon (inb4 nitpicked exceptions that still dont do it) nor does it acknowledge the fact that we really don't need more topics on this subject, either for or against the idea...

If there's gonna be another pointless war between logic and circular reasoning (for ANY subject, be it hacking or smogon or whatever other nonsense you guys want to whine about) can we TRY to keep it to one topic?
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#3TaticalWarriorPosted 2/25/2014 11:59:16 AM
What happens if you inject loads and loads of fake money in the economy of a country?
It breaks.

It is no different here. Injecting fake shinies, 5 IV pokémon and such only causes a massive devaluation of what was suppose to be rare and unique. Also, you will need to hack to keep you, going out of what you could do in the game to stand a chance.
---
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
#4MogKnightAzurePosted 2/25/2014 12:01:01 PM
TaticalWarrior posted...
What happens if you inject loads and loads of fake money in the economy of a country?
It breaks.

It is no different here. Injecting fake shinies, 5 IV pokémon and such only causes a massive devaluation of what was suppose to be rare and unique. Also, you will need to hack to keep you, going out of what you could do in the game to stand a chance.

>"What happens when you inject fake money into a live economy in the world?"
>"Same thing that happens when you inject fake money into a virtual world with a fake economy"

BRILLIANT POST. GOLD STAR. "10/10 Meh, it's okay - IGN"
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#5Hoozah123Posted 2/25/2014 12:01:17 PM
ajko000 posted...
OH NO! ONLINE IS RUINED!

Seriously? Between the asinine Pokemon nicknames, overpowered/smogon oriented teams and complete lack of variety, what the **** is the point?

I understand Pokemon is a social experience, which is why I play it with my friends. Does nobody here have friends? Do you have to be playing Pokemon 24/7 because you have nothing better to do?

I've always been a huge fan of cheating in Pokemon games, really, because it makes them more enjoyable. My friends do it too, and we all still have a pretty **** good time. You want a shiny that doesn't take you forever to obtain? "YOU'RE A PATHETIC LOSER!" No, we're just not going to spend that much time on something within a game. It's a game. Nintendo is the one who decides to make a big deal out of their product and content within that product, you have a choice to take it as they take it or realize it's a game, nothing more, nothing less.

I also understand growing attached to something you've worked hard for, which is totally cool, but that doesn't mean you need to force that philosophy down someone's throat if they have a different method.

Calm down people.

My friends are currently playing pokemon in College. One of my friend said he pokegen a 6 IV ditto. I told him he a evil trainer that need to be crush. We still battle each other and have fun. Heck, some of us are playing on our 3DS right now. Well not all....people starting to play League of Legend. THAT GAME IS NOT A SPORT!!
---
The internet is a magical place where people get easily offended.
Smogon players:"I have no counter to Bidoof."
#6LJx19Posted 2/25/2014 12:01:56 PM
Oh look, another one of these threads. *rolls eyes*
---
Dragonite>Garchomp>everything else>salamence
#7Pupu27Posted 2/25/2014 12:06:30 PM
MogKnightAzure posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
It breaks.

>"Same thing that happens when you inject fake money into a virtual world with a fake economy"

what's the point of your post? There is no such thing as a fake economy (there are people getting real money by selling shinies). Also the line betweeen physical currency and digital one have been blurred since forever. Just take a look at bitcoins, these things are made from bits of data similar to your pokemon.
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
FC: 1048-8565-3189 - Safari: Oddish, Petilil, and Quilladin
#8TaticalWarriorPosted 2/25/2014 12:07:08 PM
MogKnightAzure posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
It breaks.

Basic understanding of values, dear. Also, most of the theories about it are "fake" as in: only in the idea world. In pokémon is no different. If everyone hacked a charizard to be shiny, what will be the value of your legit black charizard?

Think. It is not hard.
---
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
#9Starbound2013Posted 2/25/2014 12:10:12 PM(edited)
TaticalWarrior posted...
MogKnightAzure posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
It breaks.

Basic understanding of values, dear. Also, most of the theories about it are "fake" as in: only in the idea world. In pokémon is no different. If everyone hacked a charizard to be shiny, what will be the value of your legit black charizard?

Think. It is not hard.

And 6iv legends. What are the chances of getting a shiny 6iv legend? Pretty low indeed. And yet something that should be priceless is now worthless. Good thing I never happene to get one.
---
AC:NL: 5413 - 0144 - 2904
PSN: thund3rkatg6
#10SuperTails360Posted 2/25/2014 12:19:42 PM
This is why I think Pokemon needs to take a page from EA and use online passes. That way, those who don't want to bother with the online elements can save $10 or so. Depending on where you live, you may not have very many friends that play Pokemon, then you're stuck dealing with people online. If you're not playing competitively, then you're pretty much screwed.

And I don't mean, "Charge $40 for the game and another $10 for the pass." No, charge $30 for the game, put the pass on eShop for $10, and when it's downloaded, have it patch the game. If you buy it used, you get the online pass immediately, but you're paying used price, of course.