This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are people really this mad about the whole hacking thing?

#11MogKnightAzurePosted 2/25/2014 12:20:47 PM
TaticalWarrior posted...
MogKnightAzure posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
What happens if you inject loads and loads of fake money in the economy of a country?
It breaks.

It is no different here. Injecting fake shinies, 5 IV pokémon and such only causes a massive devaluation of what was suppose to be rare and unique. Also, you will need to hack to keep you, going out of what you could do in the game to stand a chance.

>"What happens when you inject fake money into a live economy in the world?"
>"Same thing that happens when you inject fake money into a virtual world with a fake economy"

BRILLIANT POST. GOLD STAR. "10/10 Meh, it's okay - IGN"

Basic understanding of values, dear. Also, most of the theories about it are "fake" as in: only in the idea world. In pokémon is no different. If everyone hacked a charizard to be shiny, what will be the value of your legit black charizard?

Think. It is not hard.

You can't be serious. For the sake of my sanity you must be a REALLY good troll because you got me to respond seriously.

My legit shiny Charizard would not decrease in value because its value is relative to ME in the first place. It wouldn't have the same value to anyone else for any number of reasons, primarily the fact that MY shiny Charizard has MY OT on it. it doesn't matter how many other shiny charizards are out there because this one is mine and only I would know anyway if it's legit or not. Just because someone else has what I have doesn't devalue it. The idea that you have a special snowflake in a game played by literally TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE, with OR without hacking, is so insanely delusional of you.

There's no economy in pokemon by virtue of pokemon not having any real monetary value. People will value them at whatever the hell they want for any reason they want. And CLONING devalued your delusional grasp of 'economy' long before hacking did. Regardless, legendaries typically go for legendaries, shinies go for shinies, etc... and there will always be people who are greedy and people who aren't ridiculous and just don't give a damn because they are able to view this for what it is: a video game. Even without cloning OR hacking, your 'economy' would have been a mess because its pretty easy regardless to get legitimate shinies or perfect IVs... all that would change is the people who are 'richest' - the people who have more time on their hands (time? oh you mean the only factor hackers eliminate? huh...).

Finally. Hackers are the ones who are able to clean up the absolute trainwreck that is the GTS by fulfilling impossible trade requests. And hackers would have no reason to actually make legit trades since they can just hack what they need so the idea that they are even doing that much to the trade 'economy' in the first place is highly suspect.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#12Starbound2013Posted 2/25/2014 12:23:21 PM
MogKnightAzure posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
MogKnightAzure posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
What happens if you inject loads and loads of fake money in the economy of a country?
It breaks.

It is no different here. Injecting fake shinies, 5 IV pokémon and such only causes a massive devaluation of what was suppose to be rare and unique. Also, you will need to hack to keep you, going out of what you could do in the game to stand a chance.

>"What happens when you inject fake money into a live economy in the world?"
>"Same thing that happens when you inject fake money into a virtual world with a fake economy"

BRILLIANT POST. GOLD STAR. "10/10 Meh, it's okay - IGN"

Basic understanding of values, dear. Also, most of the theories about it are "fake" as in: only in the idea world. In pokémon is no different. If everyone hacked a charizard to be shiny, what will be the value of your legit black charizard?

Think. It is not hard.

You can't be serious. For the sake of my sanity you must be a REALLY good troll because you got me to respond seriously.

My legit shiny Charizard would not decrease in value because its value is relative to ME in the first place. It wouldn't have the same value to anyone else for any number of reasons, primarily the fact that MY shiny Charizard has MY OT on it. it doesn't matter how many other shiny charizards are out there because this one is mine and only I would know anyway if it's legit or not. Just because someone else has what I have doesn't devalue it. The idea that you have a special snowflake in a game played by literally TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE, with OR without hacking, is so insanely delusional of you.

There's no economy in pokemon by virtue of pokemon not having any real monetary value. People will value them at whatever the hell they want for any reason they want. And CLONING devalued your delusional grasp of 'economy' long before hacking did. Regardless, legendaries typically go for legendaries, shinies go for shinies, etc... and there will always be people who are greedy and people who aren't ridiculous and just don't give a damn because they are able to view this for what it is: a video game. Even without cloning OR hacking, your 'economy' would have been a mess because its pretty easy regardless to get legitimate shinies or perfect IVs... all that would change is the people who are 'richest' - the people who have more time on their hands (time? oh you mean the only factor hackers eliminate? huh...).

Finally. Hackers are the ones who are able to clean up the absolute trainwreck that is the GTS by fulfilling impossible trade requests. And hackers would have no reason to actually make legit trades since they can just hack what they need so the idea that they are even doing that much to the trade 'economy' in the first place is highly suspect.

Rofl tens of millions? Try 5 or less million.
---
AC:NL: 5413 - 0144 - 2904
PSN: thund3rkatg6
#13Eagles_ShadowPosted 2/25/2014 12:27:33 PM
TaticalWarrior posted...
It breaks.

Omfg I'm dying xD
---
3ds FC: 4425-1491-0857
IGN Kris
#14ryudin89Posted 2/25/2014 12:28:27 PM
*looks over topic* Yes TC, people are seriously that mad.

SuperTails360 posted...
This is why I think Pokemon needs to take a page from EA and use online passes.

Aw yeah online passes totally worked out well for EA and Ubisoft right? I mean they still have them for a reason- oh wait.... No they don't because people HATED IT, just like they hate any insane DRM.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend Code:3780-9074-3418
#15TaticalWarriorPosted 2/25/2014 12:29:37 PM

What are the chances of having a shiny? (1:8000+). What are the chances of the shiny pokemon being the one you want? (1:700+). Add there the probability of 5IVs.

Result? A number much higher the TEN MILLIONS OF PEOPLE!!!!

You really fail if you think that only money has value.

How noble of them. Yeah, right.
---
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
#16Pervert_KuhnPosted 2/25/2014 12:32:50 PM(edited)
Starbound2013 posted...

Last released sales figures for Pokemon XY were 11 million worldwide.

TaticalWarrior posted...

What are the chances of having a shiny? (1:8000+). What are the chances of the shiny pokemon being the one you want? (1:700+). Add there the probability of 5IVs.

The shiny rate in XY is 1:4096. MM is 1:683.
---
My Let's Play Channel (Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOokamiDen
3DS FC: 4768-7650-8206
#17Starbound2013Posted 2/25/2014 12:31:21 PM
ryudin89 posted...

SuperTails360 posted...

Aw yeah online passes totally worked out well for EA and Ubisoft right? I mean they still have them for a reason- oh wait.... No they don't because people HATED IT, just like they hate any insane DRM.

Oh EA got rid of online passes? Thank god. Money whores.
---
AC:NL: 5413 - 0144 - 2904
PSN: thund3rkatg6
#18MogKnightAzurePosted 2/25/2014 12:33:59 PM(edited)
Starbound2013 posted...

I dont know where you could have gotten this number other than your own head considering every generation in the pokemon series has sold over 10 million copies. Even if you assume some people bought both copies, do you really think EVERYONE bought both copies? I didn't even look up X and Y sales before I claimed that, because pokemon games selling is as universal a truth as the sky is blue. Sure enough:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/pokemon_x_and_y_hit_1161_million_worldwide_sales
_as_nintendo_lists_3ds_and_wii_u_million_sellers

And this generation is only half a year old.

To be fair I should have said '10 million' or 'over 10 million' rather than 'tens of millions'.

EDIT: Well, actually no, 'tens of millions' still stands if you consider every game of pokemon ever played from Gen 3 onwards having a chance at acquiring a shiny. There are definitely lots of legit shinies out there with numbers of that magntiude.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#19ryudin89Posted 2/25/2014 12:37:06 PM(edited)
Starbound2013 posted...
ryudin89 posted...

SuperTails360 posted...

Oh EA got rid of online passes? Thank god. Money whores.

EA diched online passes a good while ago, and Ubisoft quickly followed.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/online-pass-has-been-discontinued/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/01/ubisoft-kills-online-pass-system-effective-immediately

Any kid that seriously suggests using the online pass system is one that should never be taken seriously.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend Code:3780-9074-3418
#20TaticalWarriorPosted 2/25/2014 12:38:56 PM
Pervert_Kuhn posted...
Starbound2013 posted...

Last released sales figures for Pokemon XY were 11 million worldwide.

TaticalWarrior posted...

The shiny rate in XY is 1:4096. MM is 1:683.

The numbers are still going to be of massive number of digits.
---
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!