This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are people really this mad about the whole hacking thing?

#21MogKnightAzurePosted 2/25/2014 11:41:45 AM
TaticalWarrior posted...

What are the chances of having a shiny? (1:8000+). What are the chances of the shiny pokemon being the one you want? (1:700+). Add there the probability of 5IVs.

Result? A number much higher the TEN MILLIONS OF PEOPLE!!!!

*~1 in 500 after shiny charm+masuda method and the fact that Gen 6 halved the shiny rate globally. 5 IVs being guaranteed because two 6 IV parents... I think 500 is a lot smaller than 10 million, what do you think?

You really fail if you think that only money has value.

Meanwhile you are putting value on bits of data that can be reproduced by anyone VERY EASILY regardless of method. You have it in your head that a shiny pokemon is damn near one of a kind, or would be without hackers or cloners. What a joke.

How noble of them. Yeah, right.

I'm not wasting any more time on this self-righteous white knight. Every time I think i've seen the worst posts the community has to offer there's ALWAYS someone else in line to take the crap crown.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#22Pervert_KuhnPosted 2/25/2014 11:42:04 AM
TaticalWarrior posted...
Pervert_Kuhn posted...
Starbound2013 posted...

Rofl tens of millions? Try 5 or less million.

Last released sales figures for Pokemon XY were 11 million worldwide.

TaticalWarrior posted...

What are the chances of having a shiny? (1:8000+). What are the chances of the shiny pokemon being the one you want? (1:700+). Add there the probability of 5IVs.

Result? A number much higher the TEN MILLIONS OF PEOPLE!!!!

The shiny rate in XY is 1:4096. MM is 1:683.

The numbers are still going to be of massive number of digits.

Well, when using Masuda Method, the chances of the shiny pokemon being the one you want is 100%, so that leaves the chance of getting a shiny of the pokemon you want at 1:683. I think the Shiny Charm doesn't work for MM, but I see people around saying it does, so if it does, it increases the chances even further. There's too many factors to consider when talking about IVs (namely the IVs of the parents can be anything) to realistically include it in a calculation.
---
My Let's Play Channel (Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOokamiDen
3DS FC: 4768-7650-8206
#23ArcXenosPosted 2/25/2014 11:44:56 AM
I don't really care about hacking and am fine with people playing the game the way it is or otherwise, but looking at these "anti-hackers" and how delusional they're is hilarious

Just play the game, dammit
---
Owns both Vita/3DS , PS4/XB1
I come in peace
#24NeoFalconHavokPosted 2/25/2014 11:51:44 AM
Pokemon fandom is pretty much worse than Sonic fandom when you look at that other hacking thread.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#25ryudin89Posted 2/25/2014 11:53:10 AM
NeoFalconHavok posted...
Pokemon fandom is pretty much worse than Sonic fandom when you look at that other hacking thread.

*splashes water* NO. Nothing.........NOTHING is worse than the Sonic fandom!
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend Code:3780-9074-3418
#26MogKnightAzurePosted 2/25/2014 11:59:28 AM
ryudin89 posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...

You have to admit the diehard fans that cling unconditionally to the franchise despite some.. glaring flaws... is pretty inspiring.

I mean if you go any deeper than that you'll find a fresh hell of bad OC characters, inflation, m-preg, yiffing, and worse but at its surface, yeah, there's some good there.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#27ryudin89Posted 2/25/2014 12:01:54 PM
MogKnightAzure posted...
ryudin89 posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...

You have to admit the diehard fans that cling unconditionally to the franchise despite some.. glaring flaws... is pretty inspiring.

I mean if you go any deeper than that you'll find a fresh hell of bad OC characters, inflation, m-preg, yiffing, and worse but at its surface, yeah, there's some good there.

Oooh trust me I know about all that stuff. And yet I still hold firm in my heart that nothing can ever reach the depths of despair that is the sonic fandom
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend Code:3780-9074-3418
#28ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 12:13:56 PM
Wow this topic blew up :o.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8X_Ot0k4XJc
#29NeoFalconHavokPosted 2/25/2014 12:29:58 PM
Sonic fans are at least entertaining to laugh at. Pokemon fans think they can apply real world logic to the ethics of how a video game should be played, it's actually very pathetic.

Sonic fans are an exaggerated form of typically disgruntled fans. Pokemon fans could be misconstrued as literal psychopaths.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#30legendriderPosted 2/25/2014 12:35:52 PM
NeoFalconHavok posted...

Hear me...
There is nothing.....nothing worse than the sonic fandom......
Were you around when Sonics eye colour became Green
ANARCHY, MADNESS, ABSOLUTE RAGE.

Now this Sonic Boom thing
"Why are Sonics arms blue!?!?!?"

Nothing

It is literally what all fandom strive NOT to be. It's the epitome of the worst fandom.
By all this I obviously mean the extremists....and the COUNTLESS original characters.

Every fandom has their extremists, but the sonic fandom is deemed as the worst by the internet.
I've....I've been there....I was there in 2000 (though released in 1998)...,I was there when Snics eyes became green....
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy