This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are people really this mad about the whole hacking thing?

#31silverwing525Posted 2/25/2014 1:40:27 PM
SuperTails360 posted...
This is why I think Pokemon needs to take a page from EA and use online passes. That way, those who don't want to bother with the online elements can save $10 or so. Depending on where you live, you may not have very many friends that play Pokemon, then you're stuck dealing with people online. If you're not playing competitively, then you're pretty much screwed.

And I don't mean, "Charge $40 for the game and another $10 for the pass." No, charge $30 for the game, put the pass on eShop for $10, and when it's downloaded, have it patch the game. If you buy it used, you get the online pass immediately, but you're paying used price, of course.

This^ is a terrible idea... :(
---
Let the silver light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD.
#32Skull_proPosted 2/25/2014 1:42:09 PM
SuperTails360 posted...
This is why I think Pokemon needs to take a page from EA and use online passes. That way, those who don't want to bother with the online elements can save $10 or so. Depending on where you live, you may not have very many friends that play Pokemon, then you're stuck dealing with people online. If you're not playing competitively, then you're pretty much screwed.

And I don't mean, "Charge $40 for the game and another $10 for the pass." No, charge $30 for the game, put the pass on eShop for $10, and when it's downloaded, have it patch the game. If you buy it used, you get the online pass immediately, but you're paying used price, of course.

You know that EA only charge online pass for used game, right? A free pass is included with all new and digital copies, which is why used games that have online passes are usually a lot less expencive than games without them.

That said, I did get the Masters edition of Tiger Woods 2014 used for 45$ (instead of 70$ new)... and the pass included was not used!
---
Married to Augustine Sycamore. Back off! If you don't, I won't just call the police, but I will call the police! 3DS:4339 2730 2396
#33mazaratePosted 2/25/2014 1:42:32 PM
I really don't understand what the big deal is with hacking?!?!? just because some one has hacked poke does not mean that the person using hacked poke automatically wins battles.
---
Fc is 0447-6345-6157 my shiny value is 265
Ps. I have instacheck so don't try and be stupid...
#34silverwing525Posted 2/25/2014 1:45:10 PM
mazarate posted...
I really don't understand what the big deal is with hacking?!?!? just because some one has hacked poke does not mean that the person using hacked poke automatically wins battles.

True. Its just that there ARE some people that do use hacked pokemon(or instacheck) to automatically win battles and they end up giving all the other hackers a bad name. :(
---
Official Lugia of PMD.
#35silverwing525Posted 2/25/2014 1:46:44 PM
legendrider posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...
Pokemon fandom is pretty much worse than Sonic fandom when you look at that other hacking thread.

Hear me...
There is nothing.....nothing worse than the sonic fandom......
Were you around when Sonics eye colour became Green
ANARCHY, MADNESS, ABSOLUTE RAGE.

Now this Sonic Boom thing
"Why are Sonics arms blue!?!?!?"

Nothing

It is literally what all fandom strive NOT to be. It's the epitome of the worst fandom.
By all this I obviously mean the extremists....and the COUNTLESS original characters.

Every fandom has their extremists, but the sonic fandom is deemed as the worst by the internet.
I've....I've been there....I was there in 2000 (though released in 1998)...,I was there when Snics eyes became green....

I have to agree with you on this.. But I also do think that Buff-Knuckles looks rediculous. Not enough to be rage inducing, but still quite out of place...
---
Official Lugia of PMD.
#36mazaratePosted 2/25/2014 1:48:43 PM
silverwing525 posted...
mazarate posted...

True. Its just that there ARE some people that do use hacked pokemon(or instacheck) to automatically win battles and they end up giving all the other hackers a bad name. :(

Oh I get you now.so are there hacks that allow you to see what moves your competitor has and chooses during the battle? Also I thought insta was dead.
---
#37Rook_the_RangerPosted 2/25/2014 1:49:11 PM
TaticalWarrior posted...
What happens if you inject loads and loads of fake money in the economy of a country?
It breaks.

It is no different here. Injecting fake shinies, 5 IV pokémon and such only causes a massive devaluation of what was suppose to be rare and unique. Also, you will need to hack to keep you, going out of what you could do in the game to stand a chance.

Objects are not money. What happens if I magically create a loaf bread in everyone's cupboard every morning? I just took a big step to ending world hunger. Sure, bakeries are going to hurt, but they can just do something else like make donuts or something. Even if it won't be profitable, they can still make bread if they want to.

Genning 5 IV pokemon is no different. The hackers just gave themselves pokemon to battle with and did nothing to hiurt anyone else. Anti-hackers just feel self entitled to 5 IV pokemon because they "put the time in it."

The whole economy being hurt thing is a total myth and here is the proof. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000450-pokemon-black-white-trading

If the pokemon B/W trading boards are still active despite being dated, it proves that hacking did not kill it.
---
3DS FC: 3539-9001-1157 Pokemon name: Luxoway
RNJesus hates me.
#38Pervert_KuhnPosted 2/25/2014 1:51:34 PM
mazarate posted...
silverwing525 posted...
mazarate posted...

Oh I get you now.so are there hacks that allow you to see what moves your competitor has and chooses during the battle? Also I thought insta was dead.

It is, but it wasn't Instacheck that did that. It was Battle Analyzer. Instacheck let you see things like an offered pokemon's moves, nature, etc. during a trade and let you know your trainer shiny value. Battle Analyzer let you know everything your opponent did in a battle.
---
My Let's Play Channel (Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOokamiDen
3DS FC: 4768-7650-8206
#39OMGWYATTPosted 2/25/2014 1:56:39 PM(edited)
ajko000 posted...

overpowered/smogon oriented teams

wat???????????

please stop using words incorrectly

"Overpowered" is Arceus-Ghost, Mega Mewtwo Y, Darkrai, Kyurem-W, Rayquza, Lugia

Putting effort and thought into your team doesn't make it overpowered. It's not my prerogative or business to make sure everyone else puts in the same time/effort, and neither is yours. There are always going to be objectively stronger Pokemon. There are always going to be objectively better players.

My favorite Pokemon are Scizor, Keldeo, and Greninja....I don't give a flying rat's ass that they're used alot, I use them because I like them.

Perhaps you should stop telling other people what to do and what is/isn't okay, so sick of the "holier than thou" "play the game the right way" (HINT: there isn't one) attitude.
---
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
Have List: http://tinyurl.com/kqr69kx
#40mazaratePosted 2/25/2014 1:55:09 PM
Pervert_Kuhn posted...
mazarate posted...
silverwing525 posted...
mazarate posted...

It is, but it wasn't Instacheck that did that. It was Battle Analyzer. Instacheck let you see things like an offered pokemon's moves, nature, etc. during a trade and let you know your trainer shiny value. Battle Analyzer let you know everything your opponent did in a battle.

Well I admit that's just a cheap way to win, but other than that if a person is not using the analyzer, but he or she has hacked Pokemon I wouldn't really be upset about it since I would still have a good chance to win. That's if the person is using legal move sets and abilities
---