This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Power save shiny question

#1LatiosisproPosted 2/26/2014 12:04:06 PM
is the id number or ot always the same when it becomes a shiny ?? or does it generate different ones for each game ?
---
FC :3995-6618-5722 IGN (sebby)
SHINY LIST : http://goo.gl/OywHMj
#2Latiosispro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 12:07:44 PM
Bump
---
#3kyogre123Posted 2/26/2014 12:07:53 PM
It only changes the Secret ID as far as I know.
#4tathraPosted 2/26/2014 12:10:06 PM
it changes the trainer ID so that the TSV matches its Shiny Value. its basically the same as if you went back in time to when its still in an egg and had it hatched by somebody with a TSV matching its SV.
---
3ds fc - 3625-8580-9519 - Official Trader's Guild member
TSV - 1940 - Poison Safari (Garbodor, Seviper, Toxicroak) - Free Pokerus, Happy Hour Smeargles
#5Latiosispro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 12:13:23 PM
tathra posted...
it changes the trainer ID so that the TSV matches its Shiny Value. its basically the same as if you went back in time to when its still in an egg and had it hatched by somebody with a TSV matching its SV.

oo kk is it the same for every poke you do it for ??? like the trainer id ?? or is it randomly generated each time you do it to make the poke shiny. want to know the trainer id number that makes the poke shiny
---
#6smith433Posted 2/26/2014 12:17:12 PM
Latiosispro posted...
tathra posted...

oo kk is it the same for every poke you do it for ??? like the trainer id ?? or is it randomly generated each time you do it to make the poke shiny. want to know the trainer id number that makes the poke shiny

They are all going to have a different OT ID #. The way shiny hatching works is that the SV of the pokemon must match the TSV (trainer shiny value.)

There is a mathematical relationship between the OT ID, Secret ID, and the TSV. Since powersaves is not altering the pokemon's SV, it is alters the TSV. It does this by changing the OT ID to a number that then results into a matching TSV. Each pokemon has a different SV, so each different pokemon that you turn shiny will have a different OT ID.
---
3DS FC: 1547-5191-1320
X IGN: Brandon Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Dusklops
#7Latiosispro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 12:20:12 PM
smith433 posted...
Latiosispro posted...
tathra posted...

They are all going to have a different OT ID #. The way shiny hatching works is that the SV of the pokemon must match the TSV (trainer shiny value.)

There is a mathematical relationship between the OT ID, Secret ID, and the TSV. Since powersaves is not altering the pokemon's SV, it is alters the TSV. It does this by changing the OT ID to a number that then results into a matching TSV. Each pokemon has a different SV, so each different pokemon that you turn shiny will have a different OT ID.

oo i see then a ques if i take my own shiny poke and do the shiny thing will it still be under my ot since the tsv is my own ?
---
#8smith433Posted 2/26/2014 12:27:33 PM
Latiosispro posted...
smith433 posted...
Latiosispro posted...
tathra posted...

oo i see then a ques if i take my own shiny poke and do the shiny thing will it still be under my ot since the tsv is my own ?

It shouldn't do anything to it since it already has a matching TSV. It wouldn't have to change anything since it is already shiny.

Now I would assume that if you used the "make unshiny" code that was released today, your shiny pokemon would be given a different OT ID # if you used that code on it.
---
#9Latiosispro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 1:06:16 PM
smith433 posted...
Latiosispro posted...
smith433 posted...
Latiosispro posted...
tathra posted...

It shouldn't do anything to it since it already has a matching TSV. It wouldn't have to change anything since it is already shiny.

Now I would assume that if you used the "make unshiny" code that was released today, your shiny pokemon would be given a different OT ID # if you used that code on it.

Oo I see if a found a poke with my tsv from another trainer and turn that shiny ??
---
#10smith433Posted 2/26/2014 1:12:51 PM
Actually, if you found a pokemon with a SV that matches your TSV, it is most likely an egg (since that is the only thing that people really care about checking SV on right now.) If you hatched that egg, it would be shiny regardless of the code (that was the whole basis for instacheck.)
---