This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Banette's Ability: Frisk, Insomnia, or Cursed Body?

#1link_15Posted 3/1/2014 10:22:08 AM
Keep in mind Its going to turn into a mega. - Results (42 votes)
Frisk. It's always fun to see what Item they are holding!
59.52% (25 votes)
Insomnia. Trolling Breloom and Venosaur is always Hilarious!
26.19% (11 votes)
Cursed Body. Just because its the hidden ability. You'll turn mega anyway so who cares.
14.29% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
what would you choose?

Keep in mind I'll probably be Knocking off there items anyway so Knowing what they're holding might not be as helpful here. Or is it? Let me know what you think!
---
FC: 2921-9125-4259 Salem from Historia.
http://i.minus.com/izxgfHjTzPAFN.jpg
#2FightingPolygonPosted 3/1/2014 10:23:46 AM
Frisk. It's always useful to see what Item the opponent is holding before I Mega Evolve!
---
My 3DS FC: 1246 - 8764 - 0707
#3inspiritsPosted 3/1/2014 10:24:57 AM
I guess Frisk? I mean, it activates as soon as Banette is sent out, so I guess it would be interesting to see what item the opponent is holding (if you didn't figure it out already) before you Mega Evolve.
---
"Yesterday is only today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream! Let's do our best!"
3DS FC: 1048-9881-3605 IGN: Karen
#4J_AppleiPosted 3/1/2014 10:25:04 AM
Frisk, just in case they're holding a scarf and you don't know it. Then they might OHKO you.
---
I like Apple Pie.
You're unique, just like everyone else.
#5stupac85Posted 3/1/2014 10:40:44 AM
Frisk would be helpful in letting you avoid wasting a turn with Knock Off if the opponent's item is something that can't be knocked off. For example, your opponent has their own mega in but it hasn't mega evolved yet for whatever reason (maybe they're trying to activate its normal form ability first). Frisk would alert you that it's holding the mega stone which would serve two purposes. You wouldn't waste a turn trying to knock off the mega stone and you would know that this is their mega so you would then be better prepared to handle it once it does mega evolve (and if it's a Charizard, you also now know which mega form you're about to face).
---
This is no time to be arguing about time! We don't have the time!
# of people who know the movie and character that quote is from: 24
#6link_15(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 11:01:01 AM
I see. Frisk is definitely not as pointless as it seemed. Thought with Insomnia Banette can be a pretty fantastic counter to breloom. being immune to spore and his fighting while burning him with will o wisp. Though I guess that's a bit.. specific? Outside of breloom and mega V there aren't many sleep abusers in OU. so Frisk could be more helpful in most situations.
---
FC: 2921-9125-4259 Salem from Historia.
http://i.minus.com/izxgfHjTzPAFN.jpg