This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you guys play free battles? Do you enjoy beating children?

#21ShadowUmbreon42Posted 3/1/2014 12:50:13 PM
RatheV posted...
Ok, I'll bite. What are these super-creative child-beating teams you guys all see/use, that simply can't be done in ranked battles?

I use my swagger psych up Offensive klefki paired with purugly.

I did use it in rated but the ratings reset so i'm not going to do rating battles for a bit.
---
I've realized that gamefaqs is a bunch of jerks that can't respect for S*** I like using my own viable sets
2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick
#22ManTigerPosted 3/1/2014 12:53:57 PM
most of the pokemon players are kids anyways
kids beating kids
doesn't matter
#23RatheV(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 4:57:47 PM
ManTiger posted...
kids beating kids
doesn't matter

100% of legal ganefaqs users are 13+, therefore, not kids.
#24BlackucardPosted 3/1/2014 4:59:29 PM
Free battles are the only place where I don't see garchomp, rotom, talonflame, and scizor on every team.
---
Pkmn Y FC - 2208-5668 -6777 IGN=Wolsbane
My list of pkmn: http://tinyurl.com/locev42
#25ShadianVisePosted 3/1/2014 5:02:47 PM
RatheV posted...
ManTiger posted...
kids beating kids
doesn't matter

100% of legal ganefaqs users are 13+, therefore, not kids.

In what universe is being 13 years old 'not a kid'? Definitions vary, but in general you still have 'kid' status until you're at least 17.
---
I stand in the place bathed in heavenly light, thou art where the gate to the Underworld opens, come forth, divine lightning! This is the end! Indignation!
#26RatheV(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 5:25:15 PM
ShadianVise posted...

In what universe is being 13 years old 'not a kid'? Definitions vary, but in general you still have 'kid' status until you're at least 17.

You're a teen in that case. I'm talking about kids. Kids who don't know any better than to continuously use the same attack repeatedly, even though it's doing literally 0 damage. Don't split hairs.
#27RatheV(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 6:52:45 PM
Bump for teh chidlren
#28ClassyOldHatPosted 3/1/2014 7:51:05 PM
I don't know. I bumped into a shocking number of players that tried to use Psychic on Malamar in Rated. Then again, I've also run into a lot of otherwise good players who think Malamar is the perfect thing to set up in front of, so maybe it's just that people forget about the existence of Malamar.

That said, while I haven't yet had a Free Battle yet, when I do get around to it, it will be because I want to use my legends/events for something other than beating Le Wow/Serena for the purpose of level grinding. Without IRL Pokemon fans to battle with, Free Battle is pretty much the closest thing I can get to an ubers experience, in-game.
---
Pokemon X Grass Safari (Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat) FC: 4124-5539-4848 IGN: Zach
#29FuneralCakePosted 3/1/2014 7:52:26 PM
I'm not even going to lie; I genuinely do enjoy making children sad. I really, really do.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#30RatheV(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 7:54:02 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...
I don't know. I bumped into a shocking number of players that tried to use Psychic on Malamar in Rated. Then again, I've also run into a lot of otherwise good players who think Malamar is the perfect thing to set up in front of, so maybe it's just that people forget about the existence of Malamar.

That said, while I haven't yet had a Free Battle yet, when I do get around to it, it will be because I want to use my legends/events for something other than beating Le Wow/Serena for the purpose of level grinding. Without IRL Pokemon fans to battle with, Free Battle is pretty much the closest thing I can get to an ubers experience, in-game.

Fair enough, but take it from me, it really sucks the fun out of it when the players are so bad. I mean really, just stick to in-game, you'll seriously find more challenge there.

As to the variety comments, again, that doesn't really matter when everybody sucks at using the Pokemon. They might as well all be Luvdisc.