This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Two Dittos can't breed (Theory)

#1AmourshippingPosted 3/1/2014 11:18:27 AM
Note: Before I explain my theory, I would like to let everyone know that I don't know much about ditto because I just recently re-enter the pokemon universe and I was a kid when I was really into it. This is just a random theory that popped into my head.

What if the reason dittos can not breed together is because they are not attracted to something that hate. Think about it, why does ditto transform? perhaps it's a way to escape it's appearance? If you were a purple blob, wouldn't you want to escape and become something or someone else? it's much better then your own appearance.

Even if two dittos were transform into other pokemon, they still would not breed because perhaps they can detect another ditto.

What do you guys think?
---
IGN: Talim: FC: 5086 - 2640 - 8664 * Safari type - Ice: (Snover, Bergmite and Piloswine)
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 3/1/2014 11:22:18 AM
Because they lack genitalia.
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen | TSV: 401
#3kyler45Posted 3/1/2014 11:23:31 AM
Chaosmaster00 posted...

Then how do they breed at all?
---
Xbox Live: Kyler45
AC:CF 0605-3418-4438 Name: Kyler Town: Larova
#4Amourshipping(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 11:24:22 AM
kyler45 posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...

Good point! Dittos breed with every single pokemon BUT not other dittos. Why is that?
---
IGN: Talim: FC: 5086 - 2640 - 8664 * Safari type - Ice: (Snover, Bergmite and Piloswine)
#5Chaosmaster00Posted 3/1/2014 11:28:30 AM
Transforming into things with genitalia.

In the case of non-gendered breeding, it just takes the DNA and processes the egg like a surrogate.
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen | TSV: 401
#6omgitsjustmePosted 3/1/2014 11:33:31 AM
Ditto is sad
---
3DS: 3540-0561-8788
Bug Safari. I'd list the mons but I forgot
#7WallydraiglePosted 3/1/2014 12:59:05 PM
kyler45 posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...

They don't. When they "breed" their "partner" is actually just prey. Ditto envelopes the other pokemon much like an amoeba eating a bacterium. It then transforms itself into an exact copy of that pokemon. In the process a small piece of ditto separates and quickly grows into an exact copy of the original ditto. A small amount of genetic contamination is left over from the process which is sequestered inside the new ditto, coated in a hard shell like a pearl, and eventually evacuated, taking the form of an egg. By the time the Daycare guy finds them, it looks like the same pokemon and the same ditto, along with an egg, as if nothing more sinister than a little hanky-panky ever took place. Truly, he "doesn't know how it got there".
---
FC: 1091-8436-2422 munna espurr gothorita
#8Amourshipping(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 1:57:13 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
kyler45 posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...

They don't. When they "breed" their "partner" is actually just prey. Ditto envelopes the other pokemon much like an amoeba eating a bacterium. It then transforms itself into an exact copy of that pokemon. In the process a small piece of ditto separates and quickly grows into an exact copy of the original ditto. A small amount of genetic contamination is left over from the process which is sequestered inside the new ditto, coated in a hard shell like a pearl, and eventually evacuated, taking the form of an egg. By the time the Daycare guy finds them, it looks like the same pokemon and the same ditto, along with an egg, as if nothing more sinister than a little hanky-panky ever took place. Truly, he "doesn't know how it got there".

-claps- that was so entertaining to read, it made me smile. thanks. Good theory btw. Never thought of that.
---