This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone help me understand the type chart?

#1thedeerzordPosted 3/1/2014 12:25:55 PM
I know its kinda pathetic to not understand the type chart. But when I tried examining it I was just confused as to which pokemon was super effective.

I don't need a lecture on what the type chart is. I just need a clear understanding of the user pokemon and target pokemon, and which type is more effective towards the other type.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/696959-pokemon-x/faqs/68023
---
You can't say a game sucks because of glitches because they're FIXABLE.
#2kyler45Posted 3/1/2014 12:26:42 PM
Top row is the move being used on the pokemon, side row is the type that pokemon that is being attacked is.
---
Xbox Live: Kyler45
AC:CF 0605-3418-4438 Name: Kyler Town: Larova
#3KajeIPosted 3/1/2014 12:29:13 PM
Pick a type on the top, pick a type on the side. Find the point where they meet and there you go. For example the point where Dragon top, Ice side, is a green box which means normal effectiveness, while Dragon side, Ice top, is a blue box which means super effective.
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#4Safari_DudePosted 3/1/2014 12:32:08 PM
If a pokemon has 2 types, you have to combine the outcome. For example, Ludicolo is Water/Grass. A Fire attack is not very effective against Water, but super effective against Grass. The outcome is a neutral hit that deals neither increased nor reduced damage. A Water attack would be resisted by both types, so it ends dealing 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4 the damage.
#5snuffles504Posted 3/1/2014 12:34:13 PM
It says right there on the chart. For the attacking type, look at the top of the chart. Then find the defending type on the left side. Where they intersect shows the attacking types effectiveness on the defending type.

For example, say Dragonite uses Outrage on Clefable. In order to find what happens, locate Dragon on the top of the chart, then find Fairy on the left side. Where they intersect is the symbol for "no effect," so Outrage has no effect on Clefable (Dragon has no effect on Fairy).
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#6thedeerzord(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 12:36:10 PM
Thanks for the answers!
---
You can't say a game sucks because of glitches because they're FIXABLE.