This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

should i go back and play b/w and b2/w2 after i beat x and y?

#1DarkStar643Posted 3/3/2014 2:40:52 AM
the last pokemon game i played before x/y was diamond. I was wondering, how do b/w and b2/w2 hold up after having played x/y? also, how is soulsilver/heartgold?
---
Listen to Black Sabbath.
Favorite games of all time: Earthbound, Dark Souls, Megaman X, DKC 2, Starcraft 1/2, and Timesplitters 2
#2Bluellama1Posted 3/3/2014 2:48:36 AM
I would say HGSS and BW2 are some of the best entries in the whole franchise. I honestly wasn't all that impressed with gen6 so far but I do still enjoy playing gen3 - gen5 games so if you don't hate sprites I think you'll enjoy them just fine. The games are all the same basic mechanics, after all. Also there is some connectivity features between BW1 and BW2 so if you play them, play either black or white then play the corresponding sequel.
---
PSN: Bluellama1
#3jEr3mYPosted 3/3/2014 2:50:28 AM
Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Yes.
---
If you agree that Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game, send me a PM. Number of people who agree: 26 - updated 15 Jan 2014
#4GreatHammurabiPosted 3/3/2014 3:02:20 AM
If you you're still craving Pokemon yet you're slightly burnt out on the current game, I've always found it helps to finish whatever entry in the past Gens you never finished.

If anything, I prefer going backward just get all the Pokemon from that region that I can't get in X/Y. In your case, though, I find the story enjoyable enough in B/W and B2/W2 to warrant a playthrough for the story while collecting new Pokemon on the way.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5284 - 1400 - 8692
Friend Safari: Dewgong, Sneasel, Delibird - In Game Name: Andrew
#5inspiritsPosted 3/3/2014 3:07:27 AM
B/W 1 was alright, if you like "story" in Pokemon I suppose you'll like it. Gameplay-wise, it doesn't bring anything new or exciting to the table and you can probably finish it in one fell swoop and get bored when it's all over...Though the lack of postgame content probably doesn't matter to you since you're going to play them as a pair.

Can't say anything for B2/W2, but I once asked if it would be worth playing B2/W2 before XY came out and people told me it was quite an improvement over the predecessor.
---
"Yesterday is only today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream! Let's do our best!"
3DS FC: 1048-9881-3605 IGN: Karen
#6SaphirahPosted 3/3/2014 3:28:06 AM
Warning: BW2 will look like very bad after playing XY.
---
3DS FC: 2621 2684 0605
IGN: Scarlett | Shiny list: http://tinyurl.com/pnpcp3r
#7MayaWrightPosted 3/3/2014 3:30:18 AM
You should try going back to Gen III >_>

UGH
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#8Doctor_SpankyPosted 3/3/2014 3:34:43 AM
BW and BW2 are both great, because they're the 3rd and 4th games Game Freak made for the DS so they sort of perfected the system

hg/ss are worth it for the pokemon following you around
---
Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it.
#9DarkStar643(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 3:36:25 AM(edited)
@MayaWright, i started with blue back in '98 when i was 7. still have my copies of blue and gold. i never played through ruby or sapphire but i remember them not looking too bad..
---
Listen to Black Sabbath.
Favorite games of all time: Earthbound, Dark Souls, Megaman X, DKC 2, Starcraft 1/2, and Timesplitters 2
#10GreatHammurabiPosted 3/3/2014 3:51:38 AM
DarkStar643 posted...
@MayaWright, i started with blue back in '98 when i was 7. still have my copies of blue and gold. i never played through ruby or sapphire but i remember them not looking too bad..

If you've never played RSE, I highly recommend doing so.

Keep in mind though, it's a GBA game so the graphics and system limitations are going to be very apparent as compared to the current games. If you can get past all that, then you should enjoy them. If you've never played Emerald, it's kind of cool to play it until the post game to see where the current post-game standards started.

The again, you could always wait for the remakes. With Hoenn being confirmed and all.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5284 - 1400 - 8692
Friend Safari: Dewgong, Sneasel, Delibird - In Game Name: Andrew