This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Like 1/2 of the Poke Balls suck. Design some good ones

#11inspiritsPosted 3/7/2014 7:23:03 PM
I just want to bring the pokeball seal things from DPPL back. The ball "explosion" effect is all I really care about, anyway.
---
(GG.) http://i.imgur.com/EQfcvBe.gif
3DS FC: 1048-9881-3605 IGN: Karen
#12RainbowgloomPosted 3/7/2014 7:25:00 PM
chibbymew posted...
Right, though. These balls are darn-near pointless. I usually use the regular Pokeballs. Great balls if it's putting up a struggle. Ultra, if I'm getting really frustrated.

Nest, of course, for going back through and actually deciding to catch up on my 'dex.

Need more balls like dusk balls. but the type ball seems like a good idea
---
My life has became 20% sadder, please let me kill you.
Pokemon X FC: 1693 0422 8603
#13RainbowgloomPosted 3/7/2014 7:26:07 PM
Pokepon posted...
Scope Ball:
This ball locks on to one of multiple Pokemon in a battle. It can be used to capture one Pokemon in a Double, Triple, or Horde Battle. Has the capture ratio of a normal Pokeball.

Tranq Ball:
If the targeted Pokemon breaks out of this ball, it is put to sleep.

Trap Ball:
If the targeted Pokemon is asleep or paralyzed, this ball gains a 4.0x multiplier.

Now, these I like.
---
My life has became 20% sadder, please let me kill you.
Pokemon X FC: 1693 0422 8603
#14chibbymewPosted 3/7/2014 7:28:42 PM
inspirits posted...
I just want to bring the pokeball seal things from DPPL back. The ball "explosion" effect is all I really care about, anyway.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS. I swear, that was one of the few things I liked about that game.
---
Calculators > You
#15Starbound2013Posted 3/7/2014 7:28:58 PM
I want aesthetic poke balls. Maybe even customizable.
---
AC:NL: 5413 - 0144 - 2904
PSN: thund3rkatg6
#16DragrathPosted 3/8/2014 12:27:31 AM
cradle ball-*4 catch rate versus NFE Pokemon *1 otherwise
light ball-higher catch rate the lower the targets weight
Talent ball-increases the Ivs of wild pokemon on capture
Ability ball-*4 catch rate on Pokemon with their HA 0 otherwise can target Pokemon in hordes if they have HA
#17PoorRichDudePosted 3/8/2014 10:40:38 AM
Yes, simply because we haven't gotten new IN-GAME balls since Gen4 (Dream doesn't really count.) You would think that visiting the place where they're made would change that...

Gem Ball (golden yellow with red diamonds):Higher catch rate for Pokemon that use a stone to evolve.

Snare Ball (light brown with feather pattern):Higher catch rate for Flying types and levitators.

Cozy Ball(bubblegum-pink/baby blue clouds):The smaller the Pokemon, the better it works.

Thief Ball (its top resembles that loot-sack thing anime burglars wear):Has a chance of snatching the wild Pokemon's held item if the capture fails.

Twin Ball(deep burgundy with two interlocking gold rings):Super high catch rate if a Pokemon from the same family is out on the trainer's side of the field. Mainly used to catch multiples for IV/nature purposes.

Pika Ball(cute Pikachu pattern):Acts like a regular Pokeball, but has a x5 catch rate on Electric rodents. Bought from an independent artisan in a small town.

Rich Ball(appears to be made of dollar bills):Obscenely expensive and no stronger than a regular Pokeball, but it has a cool unleash and having one at the front of your team allows you to get into a special area. More of a status symbol.

Junk Ball(looks like a Pokeball, but more of a rust red):Purchased from a shady-looking back-alley dealer, it's completely useless at first, with even capture-rate-255 Pokemon breaking out of it regularly. However, the usefulness will slowly increase if you keep throwing them throughout the game, up to Dusk Ball levels if you keep at it.
#18YourLuckPosted 3/8/2014 10:43:41 AM
SalsaSavant posted...
Multi Ball-Basic Poke Balls...but three of them. If it fails, then the next ball hits and tries to catch. If that one fails too, the final ball tries to catch it as well. 1x modifier

Foil Ball-You throw a completely random Poke Ball. Has a 1/300 chance of getting a Master Ball, but even odds for all other balls. Modifier equivalent to what is thrown.

Crit Ball- High chance of Critical Captures (but less so against legendaries) 1x modifier, 3x chance of crit, 1.5x chance of crit against legendaries.

Great/Ultra Premier Ball- Buy 10 Great or Ultra Balls, and get a stylish premier ball that is the equivalent of the one you bought!

Type Ball- Greater chance of catching Pokemon that have the same type as your current Pokemon. 1x standard, 3x when one type is the same, 6x when both types are the same.

A lot of them sound great. My favorites are probably the Multi Ball and Crit Ball, though.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#190AbsolutZero0Posted 3/8/2014 10:47:12 AM
Revive Ball: Upon fainting the wild Pokemon you get one shot at Revive Ball, 0.5x multiplier, restores 1 on capture
---
FC 3411-1812-6362, TSV: 1743, Safari: Trappinch, Ninqueda, Gastrodon
Official Good Trader/Cloners/Breeders/Non-Scammers Guild Cloner