This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen V did gym leaders the best.

#1p00platysPosted 3/6/2014 1:04:31 PM
In Gen V, all of the gym leaders have their own little role to play in the story, which gave them more character and helped make them more memorable.

I was hoping they would do something similar for X/Y - and it seemed like they wanted to - but they gave up halfway through for some reason.
---
MAI LOVELY WAIFU
http://i.imgur.com/oyIWJDS.jpg
#2legendriderPosted 3/6/2014 1:06:05 PM
How were the gym leaders more involved?
Never played gen V so I dunno.

All I know is that their profession other than gym leader is more obvious than in other generations
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy
#3lime11220Posted 3/6/2014 1:07:28 PM
Wulfric is the only Gym leader worth remembering from X/Y #LivingTheWulfLifeAtThePokeVillage
---
FC: 1349-6026-6199
Normal FS: Eevee Dunsparce Kecleon
#4Knux19Posted 3/6/2014 1:14:33 PM
legendrider posted...
How were the gym leaders more involved?
Never played gen V so I dunno.

All I know is that their profession other than gym leader is more obvious than in other generations

Gym Leaders were shown outside of gyms more frequently. They would talk to other trainers about their journeys (Elesa and Clay stand out here), engage in personal hobbies (Burgh), discuss the nature of relationships between people and Pokemon with children (Champion Alder) and even take action when Team Plasma was moving (multiple leaders across BW/B2W2).

In general, they felt a bit more real, like being a Gym Leader wasn't simply about handing out a badge. Not to say other generations haven't done this before, but the Black and White games just did it really well.
---
Pants are not a "group activity"
#5Real_ZaberzPosted 3/6/2014 1:18:42 PM
Gen 4 (HG/SS)did it better IMO