This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most OP type in Gen 6.

#31NineNoblesPosted 3/7/2014 5:58:48 AM
Technically, Gen 1 was the age of Normals. Though Psychics still run rampant as well, yes.
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#32Faust_8Posted 3/7/2014 6:20:02 AM
Mechanically Ghost is very strong, since only Normal and Dark can sponge their attacks well, have 2 weaknesses (one being itself) and even immunities. And they can't even be trapped by Abilities. Mechanically it's a lot like pre-Gen VI Dragon.

However in terms of movepool and stats they're not that strong. Offensively they've got Shadow Ball/Claw and that's it. They have no sweeper that's on the level of other types, like Garchomp or Haxorus or Gyarados and whatnot. They're devious but not that strong.

So I don't think we can say Ghost is the most OP. It's better now but we're not exactly seeing rampaging Ghosts all the time; they're aren't really any "Ghost sweeps" IMO.
---
"It's hard to reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into."
--JonWood
#33ZeldaTPLinkPosted 3/7/2014 6:27:10 AM
Faust_8 posted...
Mechanically Ghost is very strong, since only Normal and Dark can sponge their attacks well, have 2 weaknesses (one being itself) and even immunities. And they can't even be trapped by Abilities. Mechanically it's a lot like pre-Gen VI Dragon.

However in terms of movepool and stats they're not that strong. Offensively they've got Shadow Ball/Claw and that's it. They have no sweeper that's on the level of other types, like Garchomp or Haxorus or Gyarados and whatnot. They're devious but not that strong.

So I don't think we can say Ghost is the most OP. It's better now but we're not exactly seeing rampaging Ghosts all the time; they're aren't really any "Ghost sweeps" IMO.

Sweeping is not necessarily the best thing a pokemon can do, and not being able to sweep doesn't stop it from being OP.

Gengar and Aegislash are monsters (and don't even get me started on Mega Gengar). They can't sweep hard, but Gengar is almost impossible to wall, and Aegislash forces pretty much everything into King's Shield mind games, when it doesn't counter them altogether.

Though I'm not sure if Ghost is indeed the best type, since there aren't any really strong pokes outside these two. But it's a strong contender.
---
3DS FC: 1865-0018-0383
#34Model_OmegaPosted 3/7/2014 6:33:16 AM
I'm not sure, it doesn't "feel" like there's a definitive OP type this gen, I would say it's a tie between Dragon and Ghost.
---
3DS FC: 5198-2590-6008
Patrolling the Pokemon X/Y message boards make you wish for a nuclear winter...