This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

help me build a double team, but it must have jolteon in it

#1chelthPosted 3/7/2014 8:09:19 AM
jolteon is my love.

milotic too.

and ledian.
#2InfamousCarlPosted 3/7/2014 8:25:13 AM
Jolteon should be timid, maybe holding specs? Something like thunder/t-bolt, shadow ball, hp ice, volt switch.

I use modest Milotic but most people like bold. Either way you'll want scald/hydro pump, ice beam, recover, and dragon pulse/toxic. Maybe try to fit protect in if you run toxic?

Don't know about Ledian. Probably a special wall that can set up screens and tailwind. I'd probably have it with struggle bug to, in effect, raise your teams special D even more.

Just some suggestions
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 3/7/2014 8:29:27 AM
Team for Doubles or team that revolves around Double Team?
I'm confused...
Ouch.
I hurt myself in my confusion.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#4DrunkenPilot72Posted 3/7/2014 12:08:56 PM(edited)
Doubles team with mandatory Jolteon? Love it, here is my personal favorite.

Jolteon w Air Balloon
Timid
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Discharge
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power - Ice
Protect

Garchomp w Yache Berry
Jolly
352 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Protect

Love this combo, by far my favorite pairing in the entire series. Disquake is obvious however if for any reason I feel Jolteon is threatened (read, popped Balloon) I switch Earthquake for Rock Slide for a surprisingly reliable Paraflinching combo. Max speed investment for both means that nothing outside of Scarfs and priority is outspeeding Jolteon which comes with a good chance of paralysis unless HP Ice is better to OHKO (or critically weaken) a threat. Garchomp is, well, Garchomp. Also this pair kills Talonflame for free (Jolteon takes +2 BB pretty well) and is stacked favorable against Greninja, T-tar, Gliscor, any Dragon ever, any flying type ever, Blaziken, any type of Charizard, and various other offensive pairs that I can't recall off of the top of my head at the moment.

Meowstic w Lum Berry
Bold
252 Def/ 252 SpD/ 4 HP
Charm
Thunderwave
Safeguard
Protect

My dedicated support pokemon, total taunt bait I know but invaluable for that priority...well all of those moves are vital depending on the opposition.

Mega Absol
Naive
252 Att/252 Spe/ 4 SpA
Sucker Punch
Play Rough
Fire Blast
Protect

My ideal cleaner, perfect to clean up what the rest of the team didn't finish though in case of obvious status hacks I'll lead with Meowstic to secure momentum early on. Hilarious when Darkrai gets his own status bounced back (will bounce even with safeguard up) then gets OHKO'd by Play Rough.

Arcanine w Sitrus Berry
Adamant
252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Extreme Speed
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Protect

Typical physical coverage pokemon. Pretty straight forward with this set. Normally keep him behind and read the opponent's leads first since being weak to Earthquake, Surf, and Rock Slide sucks in doubles. Amazing when played strategically and also makes a great cleaner with Absol for double priority or Physical deterrent with Meowstic for -3 attack on a target (coughMegaMomcough).

Scizor w Occa Berry
Adamant
252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Bullet Punch
Brick Break
Swords Dance
Protect

Anti fairy pokemon (assuming they weren't taken out by the Disquake pair) that also hates dual screens. Like Arcanine, specifically built to handle common threats seen in doubles and works well with Meowstic and Absol.

Obviously Jolteon and Garchomp are my ideal leads but all of the pokemon can be shuffled as needed depending on the opposition for good synergy.
---
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095, IGN: Y, Normal Safari: Chansey, Teddiursa, Minccino