This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Pokemon did you try ingame and really liked that you didn't think you would

#1adismaltheftPosted 3/7/2014 7:56:35 AM
I was just messing around doing some monotype challenges and did a Grass Monotype in both SoulSilver and X. I found myself liking Skiploom a lot more in SoulSilver and Quilladin in X. What Pokemon did you try out for the first time and find yourself pleasantly surprised that they were better than you thought in game?
---
If I had a million dollars... I'd be rich.
Gamertag: Icecold229
#2adismaltheft(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 8:12:03 AM
Bump
---
#3FinalInsanityPosted 3/7/2014 8:15:16 AM
I dunno if this counts, but Paras/Parasect in a replay of the original Red.

It was... surprisingly decent! If only due to Leech Life being supereffective on the ever-common Poison types in Gen 1, and access to Spore. Still, I liked it a lot, really was a fun 'mon to use. Kinda terrible in every other game, but hey. If you ever go play through Gen 1 again, use a Parasect. It's pretty alright.
#4Shadow_Master_JPosted 3/7/2014 8:17:28 AM
I did a monotype run on Emerald and a nuzlocke on Pearl.

On Emerald, I chose Fire, without remembering that Magcargo would end up on the list. Yet, I liked using it. It's Yawn even helped me catching some pokemon.

On Pearl, I ended up using Gastrodon. S*** was bulkier than I thought, and wiped out the Electric-gym and the Fire guy at E4, single-handedly.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#5TalesOfXAndYPosted 3/7/2014 8:18:19 AM
Meganium
Mega Lati@s
---
Member of Official Gamefaqs Pokemon Club ID:00004 Dragon Gym Leader Badge:Myth Badge
FC:3024 5382 4032 Barry//http://i.imgur.com/kCC4Ave.gif
#6Miggi3Fr3shPosted 3/7/2014 8:24:47 AM
Talonflame. I honestly thought when I got to the first route "Oh typical Flying/Normal bird on started route... I'll box when I find a better flyer"... Little did I know the beast it would become... And usefulness of Flame Body + Fly for breeding.
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 FS: Excadrill, Forretress, Mawile
Official Gamefaqs Pokemon Club ID #00005
#7c_corvusPosted 3/7/2014 8:35:08 AM
Miggi3Fr3sh posted...
Talonflame. I honestly thought when I got to the first route "Oh typical Flying/Normal bird on started route... I'll box when I find a better flyer"... Little did I know the beast it would become... And usefulness of Flame Body + Fly for breeding.

Same here. I caught it with the sole intention of boxing it when I caught something better (or got noivern). Now, it's always in my party, and it's the closest to lv 100.

Malamar also surprised me; I only caught it as a place-holder, but contrary and topsy-turvy is a great way to mess with the AI.
---
3DS FC: 0103 9296 7941
Friend Safari: Cacturne, Sableye, Mightyena
#8adismaltheft(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 8:36:44 AM
Another one I had was when I played this hack called Pokemon Ash's Adventure or something that made the game more like the original anime and Arbok kicked butt through most of the game for me.
---
#9360pagesPosted 3/7/2014 8:46:32 AM
Vileplume I enjoyed using, Tyrantrum as well.

I wish Tyrantrum was better though, I also used Snorlax though he started to fall behind in later areas.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
3DS friend code 1161-0910-0692
#10mada7Posted 3/7/2014 9:07:53 AM
For in game play I was really surprised with how strong Shedinja turned out to be it walled so many pokemon in my mono ghost run. From a competitive standpoint I never thought Id use stalling strategies but really grew to love Gliscor the more I used it
---
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448
IGN Janine