This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's the post game compared to the first three gens?

#1RelixedPosted 3/7/2014 8:03:25 AM
I haven't played Pokémon since Saphire and I'm thinking of getting this. I see a lot people bash the post game and say it's bad compared to B/W's. But as I haven't played those I don't really know they're saying it.
Does the game is really lacking features and feels like the third version will be made to fix those? Should I just wait for that instead?
---
http://i.imgur.com/6kYIL.jpg -summerclaw
#2Xtreme GamerPosted 3/7/2014 8:06:04 AM
There hasn't been a post game this bad since RBY. Once you clear the main game there isn't much to do outside of online.
---
Whoever coined the phrase "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" was obviously never beat down with a dictionary.
#3gamemaster712Posted 3/7/2014 8:07:16 AM
Horrible....
I've only logged 950+ hrs in Y.
Others gen logged hours, not even close.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#4FinalInsanityPosted 3/7/2014 8:11:47 AM
Most of the time spent sinking into the aftergame is only there for competitive players and an hour or two for the Looker Sidequests (which are pretty good, admittedly).

There's almost no actual postgame content. Black/White had an entire half the region to explore, Gen 4 had a big island with a volcano 'n stuff, Gen 3 (Emerald at least) had the Battle Frontier, gym leader rematches, the true Champion...

XY has... a town. And Looker. And like, three legendaries with no backstory whatsoever.

Yeah, safe to say the postgame only matters for competitive players/shiny breeders.
#5Relixed(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 8:12:09 AM
Xtreme Gamer posted...
There hasn't been a post game this bad since RBY. Once you clear the main game there isn't much to do outside of online.

I see...

gamemaster712 posted...
Horrible....
I've only logged 950+ hrs in Y.
Others gen logged hours, not even close.

lol.

Only game where I've gotten even 700hours was Monster Hunter.

Overall, how does the game feel? Does it need the third version?
---
~Relix
#6Xtreme GamerPosted 3/7/2014 8:14:48 AM
Overall, how does the game feel? Does it need the third version?

I'd say yes, if only to add the things XY is missing.
---
Whoever coined the phrase "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" was obviously never beat down with a dictionary.
#7Relixed(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 8:15:13 AM
FinalInsanity posted...
Yeah, safe to say the postgame only matters for competitive players/shiny breeders.

I would prolly play online at somewhat competitively but it does sound kinda lame post game content. I don't remember how much Saphire had, Battle tower and some legendaries I think.

I know something about breeding/EV training, how time consuming it would be to make one okayish team?
---
~Relix
#8RJrockstarPosted 3/7/2014 8:16:39 AM
Xtreme Gamer posted...
There hasn't been a post game this bad since GSC. Once you clear the main game there isn't much to do outside of online.

Fixd

In GSC, no-one expected being able to return to the 1st region after the E4 end credits. And nothing you guys say can present anything better than an entire region with 8 more badges.

This wins without a doubt.
---
Pokemon X Friend Safari:Ghost- Shuppet, Pumpaboo, Golurk
FC is:4313-1594-4125
#9Relixed(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 8:17:04 AM
Xtreme Gamer posted...
I'd say yes, if only to add the things XY is missing.

Eh...part of me really wants to wait for the revision but the other part wants to pay Pokémon now >>

Tho, the free X/Y offer that's not avaible here in EU makes me slightly shift towards waiting for third version, too...
---
~Relix
#10FinalInsanityPosted 3/7/2014 8:17:51 AM
Depending on how good of a jump-start you can get (in other words "how good of a ditto can you get"), it may take a couple days. Once you understand the process though, it doesn't take -terribly- long. It's fully doable without Dittos too, as long as you keep some 5/6IV males in various egg groups around after you start the breeding process. EV training is stupidly quick with Pokerus, a Power item, and Hordes.