This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Power saves Question

#1bubbyman2Posted 3/7/2014 9:15:48 AM
When I went to use pokemon bank today, it says a new system update is required to use this software. Will this system update prevent my power saves codes from working?
---
3ds fc is 1977 0405 9640
#2Aeneas52Posted 3/8/2014 11:30:26 AM
No, definitely wouldn't do that. the system update updates the 3ds. All algorithms the system uses in terms of graphics, audio, power, etc might be affected.

The pokemon game uses its own algorithms that are separate from the operating system. All game saves are done based on algorithms in the game card and any updates that are saved on the 3ds/sd card. These algorithms are unaffected by system updates. Also, Power Saves doesn't touch your 3ds. it only touches the game card

BTW, where do you get Power Saves? I see it available online from game stops but the release date keeps getting pushed back.
---
Aeneas obtained Great Balls!! ******
3DS Friend Code - Playing Pokemon Y - 4167-4726-3014 send me a message on here if you add me
#3omgitsjustmePosted 3/8/2014 11:32:55 AM
Aeneas52 posted...
No, definitely wouldn't do that. the system update updates the 3ds. All algorithms the system uses in terms of graphics, audio, power, etc might be affected.

The pokemon game uses its own algorithms that are separate from the operating system. All game saves are done based on algorithms in the game card and any updates that are saved on the 3ds/sd card. These algorithms are unaffected by system updates. Also, Power Saves doesn't touch your 3ds. it only touches the game card

BTW, where do you get Power Saves? I see it available online from game stops but the release date keeps getting pushed back.

Amazon, or at least that's what I heard
---
3DS: 3540-0561-8788
Bug Safari. I'd list the mons but I forgot