This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any benefit to level 100?

#11KapuxaPosted 3/8/2014 10:17:24 AM
My pkmns are all lvl 100, acomplishment I guess.

It's not even that hard to level them up now with O-Powers and Entree Powers last gen.
#12mada7Posted 3/8/2014 10:24:13 AM
I think it would be nice to have a postgame where you can rematch the e4 and their levels scale to match your own kinda like challenge mode in b2/w2 so that the last few levels have some in game significance
---
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448
IGN Janine
#13MahoganyTooth92Posted 3/8/2014 10:25:52 AM
It's good for when random people challenge you to a no restrictions battle and try to stomp you with their level 100s.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
3DS FC: 2234-8306-6237
#14warriorman222Posted 3/8/2014 10:32:26 AM
HHH is the game posted...
Im confused why nobody else seems to have any opinion on it...to me it seems like they should make the last fifty levels useful. There's right now no reason to train that far. I think they should remove the level 50 thing from battles so level 100 Pokemon are at least good against other trainers, but honestly I'd like them to keep the Pokemon remaining interesting for longer.

Go take a look at arceus, and the fact that most or all legendaries and even pokes have moves learnt at lvl 100, or near there:
arceus:judgement
shaymin:seed flare
ALL 4 deoxys:psycho boost near lvl 100
D-Deoxys:Counter and Mirror Coat

Neeed I continue? lvl 100 has One more big difference: STATS. We're not adding more evos. 3 is the max, was the max and WILL be the max.
#15HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 10:33:27 AM
warriorman222 posted...
HHH is the game posted...
Im confused why nobody else seems to have any opinion on it...to me it seems like they should make the last fifty levels useful. There's right now no reason to train that far. I think they should remove the level 50 thing from battles so level 100 Pokemon are at least good against other trainers, but honestly I'd like them to keep the Pokemon remaining interesting for longer.

Go take a look at arceus, and the fact that most or all legendaries and even pokes have moves learnt at lvl 100, or near there:
arceus:judgement
shaymin:seed flare
ALL 4 deoxys:psycho boost near lvl 100
D-Deoxys:Counter and Mirror Coat

Neeed I continue? lvl 100 has One more big difference: STATS. We're not adding more evos. 3 is the max, was the max and WILL be the max.

Okay well some legendaries maybe get stuff, but what about the other 700 Pokemon? And the stats don't matter because the in-game stops way earlier and the competitive stuff scales you anyways.
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#16MisterMyster614Posted 3/8/2014 10:34:25 AM
warriorman222 posted...
We're not adding more evos. 3 is the max, was the max and WILL be the max.

'cept for megas.
#17NineNoblesPosted 3/8/2014 10:37:37 AM
No

Like hell I want to grind to that high a level
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#18Miggi3Fr3shPosted 3/8/2014 11:22:46 AM
Definitely do not need higher tier evolutions. I think I would prefer more Pokemon with higher level evolutions like Volcarona and Hyrdreigon. But you are correct, for the most part there are few Pokemon that need to reach level 100. I only do it out of being a bit anal and if I wasted my time to make the Pokemon have near flawless IVs and fully EVd I may as well cap it's level.
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 FS: Excadrill, Forretress, Mawile
Official Gamefaqs Pokemon Club ID #00005
#19HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 11:51:56 AM
I dunno, I think more evolutions would be cool. I like to watch the Pokemon grow and change. I don't think I've ever used a Pokemon with no evolutions because it just isn't as fun to me. A lot of times once they evolve I don't use them as much. I'd like them to get to change more as they grow, and especially keep learning new moves.

One of the reasons Gold and Silver is my favorite gen is because the game continued to higher levels.
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver