This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really hope Game Freak never pulls another Black and White...

#1Shigmiya64Posted 3/7/2014 3:29:49 PM
You know, where ONLY the new Pokémon can be found until post-game. First of all, what's the point of having such a wide variety of creatures if you're gonna hide 75% of them the whole time? That's why I don't want them to remake Gen 1 again; they'll limit the available Pokémon just like they did in FR/LG.

Secondly, it made for a lot of redundancy in the Pokémon they designed. A LOT of the Gen 5 mons are pretty analogous to previously existing ones; the Klinklang line is very similary to the Magnezone line, Conkeldurr is basically Machamp, the Gigalith line is pretty much a stand-in for the Golem line, etc.

Apparently I've been spoiled by X/Y; I didn't realize it was unprecedented to have so many mons available in the single-player. Well, as soon as I found out, I ran straight here to make this thread.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
My 3DS Friend Code: 0705 - 3328 - 1003
#2BurnedPotatoesPosted 3/7/2014 3:31:48 PM
Ok.
---
3DS FC: 4656-7454-0042 FS: Flying Type, Pidgey, Tranquill, and Rufflet
I don't give people serious answers unless needed.
#3HydregionzekPosted 3/7/2014 3:32:47 PM
BurnedPotatoes posted...
Ok.

---
Founder of Official Gamefaqs Pokemon Club. ID #00000
Pokemon Y, IGN Caesar. Fc:3024-5514-8113. Normal Safari: Eevee, Dunsparce, Mincinno
#4silentsaganPosted 3/7/2014 3:33:10 PM
Shigmiya64 posted...
You know, where ONLY the new Pokémon can be found until post-game. First of all, what's the point of having such a wide variety of creatures if you're gonna hide 75% of them the whole time? That's why I don't want them to remake Gen 1 again; they'll limit the available Pokémon just like they did in FR/LG.

Secondly, it made for a lot of redundancy in the Pokémon they designed. A LOT of the Gen 5 mons are pretty analogous to previously existing ones; the Klinklang line is very similary to the Magnezone line, Conkeldurr is basically Machamp, the Gigalith line is pretty much a stand-in for the Golem line, etc.

Apparently I've been spoiled by X/Y; I didn't realize it was unprecedented to have so many mons available in the single-player. Well, as soon as I found out, I ran straight here to make this thread.

This
---
Gamertag - LeisureSuitHardCase
#5ZinogreSparksPosted 3/7/2014 3:33:36 PM
I read the entire point of letting you only catch new gen mons was to, surprisingly, imitate Gen 1.
#6davidledsmaPosted 3/7/2014 3:34:57 PM
I fail to see the resemblance between Gigalith and Golem besides the rock body.
---
Cinccino is amazing. 5LJW-WWWW-WWW5-DU9E
B39W-WWWW-WWW5-ESTD
#7FoundAUsernamePosted 3/7/2014 3:36:55 PM
davidledsma posted...
I fail to see the resemblance between Gigalith and Golem besides the rock body.

Rock-type third evolution by trade
---
FC: 3823 - 9082 - 0515, Mii: Erica
Pokemon X Friend Safari: Cascoon, Ariados, Toxicroak
#8J_AppleiPosted 3/7/2014 3:37:02 PM
I agree completely TC. This was one of the reasons why BW was horrible.
---
I like Apple Pie.
You're unique, just like everyone else.
#9IronWolf87Posted 3/7/2014 3:37:22 PM
post less and train more TC
---
I have a very high IQ
#10TropiOUsPosted 3/7/2014 3:38:20 PM
I hope they do another black and white. Removing most of the pointless gimmick like pokemon following you was the best decision ever made.
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON