This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really hope Game Freak never pulls another Black and White...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I really hope Game Freak never pulls another Black and White...

User Info: Shigmiya64

Shigmiya64
2 years ago#1
You know, where ONLY the new Pokémon can be found until post-game. First of all, what's the point of having such a wide variety of creatures if you're gonna hide 75% of them the whole time? That's why I don't want them to remake Gen 1 again; they'll limit the available Pokémon just like they did in FR/LG.

Secondly, it made for a lot of redundancy in the Pokémon they designed. A LOT of the Gen 5 mons are pretty analogous to previously existing ones; the Klinklang line is very similary to the Magnezone line, Conkeldurr is basically Machamp, the Gigalith line is pretty much a stand-in for the Golem line, etc.

Apparently I've been spoiled by X/Y; I didn't realize it was unprecedented to have so many mons available in the single-player. Well, as soon as I found out, I ran straight here to make this thread.
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
My 3DS Friend Code: 0705 - 3328 - 1003

User Info: BurnedPotatoes

BurnedPotatoes
2 years ago#2
Ok.
3DS FC: 4656-7454-0042 FS: Flying Type, Pidgey, Tranquill, and Rufflet
I don't give people serious answers unless needed.

User Info: Hydregionzek

Hydregionzek
2 years ago#3
BurnedPotatoes posted...
Ok.
Founder of Official Gamefaqs Pokemon Club. ID #00000
Pokemon Y, IGN Caesar. Fc:3024-5514-8113. Normal Safari: Eevee, Dunsparce, Mincinno

User Info: silentsagan

silentsagan
2 years ago#4
Shigmiya64 posted...
You know, where ONLY the new Pokémon can be found until post-game. First of all, what's the point of having such a wide variety of creatures if you're gonna hide 75% of them the whole time? That's why I don't want them to remake Gen 1 again; they'll limit the available Pokémon just like they did in FR/LG.

Secondly, it made for a lot of redundancy in the Pokémon they designed. A LOT of the Gen 5 mons are pretty analogous to previously existing ones; the Klinklang line is very similary to the Magnezone line, Conkeldurr is basically Machamp, the Gigalith line is pretty much a stand-in for the Golem line, etc.

Apparently I've been spoiled by X/Y; I didn't realize it was unprecedented to have so many mons available in the single-player. Well, as soon as I found out, I ran straight here to make this thread.

This
Gamertag - LeisureSuitHardCase

User Info: ZinogreSparks

ZinogreSparks
2 years ago#5
I read the entire point of letting you only catch new gen mons was to, surprisingly, imitate Gen 1.

User Info: davidledsma

davidledsma
2 years ago#6
I fail to see the resemblance between Gigalith and Golem besides the rock body.
Cinccino is amazing. 5LJW-WWWW-WWW5-DU9E
B39W-WWWW-WWW5-ESTD

User Info: FoundAUsername

FoundAUsername
2 years ago#7
davidledsma posted...
I fail to see the resemblance between Gigalith and Golem besides the rock body.

Rock-type third evolution by trade
FC: 3823 - 9082 - 0515, Mii: Erica
Pokemon X Friend Safari: Cascoon, Ariados, Toxicroak

User Info: J_Applei

J_Applei
2 years ago#8
I agree completely TC. This was one of the reasons why BW was horrible.
I like Apple Pie.
You're unique, just like everyone else.

User Info: IronWolf87

IronWolf87
2 years ago#9
post less and train more TC
I have a very high IQ

User Info: TropiOUs

TropiOUs
2 years ago#10
I hope they do another black and white. Removing most of the pointless gimmick like pokemon following you was the best decision ever made.
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I really hope Game Freak never pulls another Black and White...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived