This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I Have Been Breeding For A Near-Perfect Drowzee

#1JohnHalo343Posted 3/7/2014 4:17:47 PM
And it has not been going too well. Right now I have a Male with 31s in Sp. Def, Sp. Attack, and Speed, as well has a female with 31s in HP, Attack, and Defense in the daycare. They only produce eggs with 1 or 2 31s each. Bad luck or am I doing something wrong? I would appreciate any imput.

Before anyone asks, I am breeding the Drowzee for a Near-Perfect Abra. I only have Drowzees in my safari so I need to get as close to the egg group as possible. Needless to say, Wonder trade has been experiencing an influx of crap Drowzees on the market.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
GT: FleshBack
#2EnlinoPosted 3/7/2014 4:20:27 PM
If you have a destiny knot on one of them (and an everstone on the other if you care about nature) then you're not doing anything wrong, you're just unlucky.

If you don't have a destiny knot on one of them, then, uh... do that.
#3BurnedPotatoesPosted 3/7/2014 4:20:59 PM
I'm just gonna assume that you're using a DK, so....

Keep going, you'll get there soon.
---
3DS FC: 4656-7454-0042 FS: Flying Type, Pidgey, Tranquill, and Rufflet
I don't give people serious answers unless needed.
#4JohnHalo343(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 4:24:53 PM
About that...

Man, I can be dense sometimes. Can't believe I forgot the DK.
---
#5JohnHalo343(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 9:19:24 PM
OK, so I got a 5 31 IV Drowzee within two egg batches after using the DK.

So I put the DK on the female near perfect Drowzee and bred it with an imperfect male, hoping to get an near-perfect male. I am still getting Drowzee's with 2 31 IVs. WTF?

Destiny Knot passes down 5 IVs, right?

Female Drowzee has

31 HP, Sp. Atk, Def, Sp. Def, , and Spd.

Male Drowzee has 31 in Def, Sp. Atk, and Spd.

The destiny knot should provide at least FOUR GUARANTEED 31 IVs off the female alone, given the attack IV is chosen. I don't see how this can be occurring.
---
#6BurnedPotatoesPosted 3/7/2014 9:21:34 PM
JohnHalo343 posted...

So I put the DK on the female near perfect Drowzee and bred it with an imperfect male, hoping to get an near-perfect male. I am still getting Drowzee's with 2 31 IVs. WTF?

Female Drowzee has

The destiny knot should provide at least FOUR GUARANTEED 31 IVs off the female alone, given the attack IV is chosen. I don't see how this can be occurring.

http://destinyknot.tk/

Just a rough estimate.
And don't forget the imperfect stat has the same chance of being selected as a perfect stat.
---
3DS FC: 4656-7454-0042 FS: Flying Type, Pidgey, Tranquill, and Rufflet
I don't give people serious answers unless needed.
#7EnlinoPosted 3/7/2014 9:25:58 PM
JohnHalo343 posted...

Female Drowzee has

No, in the worst case scenario the random IV is Defense, Special Attack, or Speed, and the imperfect IV is chosen each time. That gives you a minimum of 2 31 IVs, from the overlap between the two. If Attack is chosen as random it's still only a minimum of 3 IVs.

The destiny knot randomly picks 5 IVs to pass down from the two parents, but it doesn't favor perfect IVs - your children are just as likely to inherit the father's imperfect HP as the mother's perfect HP.