This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you STILL want to keep IV's?

#1BalloonBattle05Posted 3/8/2014 5:41:07 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNZvCmn6lQE

Keep IV's, the above happens.

Remove IV's, GF gets to advertise that Pokémon should not be thrown away.
---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.
#2SaphirahPosted 3/8/2014 5:41:33 AM
No, definitely not.
---
3DS FC: 2621 2684 0605
IGN: Scarlett | Shiny list: http://tinyurl.com/pnpcp3r
#3Sephiroth0327Posted 3/8/2014 5:50:14 AM
Yes, keep them
---
TSV [3058] | Trainer Name:Olivia | 3DS FC - 2509-2107-1916
#412RougePosted 3/8/2014 5:50:23 AM
I'm pretty sure anyone who goes into competitive battling knows beforehand if the Pokemon they want is allowed in the ruleset they play as or not.
---
If The Sound of Animals Fighting could release another album, I'd be eternally happy.
3DS FC: 1736-1349-2894 Animal Crossing New Leaf Town: #yolosmh
#5Loremas1861Posted 3/8/2014 6:16:48 AM
Crazy idea: there's a shop in gen 7. It had all the IV Dittos you need for breeding. Only available post-game.

But I have no idea how to fix the Bike Sim problem.
---
FC for Pokemon X and Y: 1161-0180-2383 | OT: Loremas
#6omgitsjustmePosted 3/8/2014 6:19:15 AM
Hidden power
---
3DS: 3540-0561-8788
Bug Safari. I'd list the mons but I forgot
#7shiningpikablu252Posted 3/8/2014 8:30:34 AM
Yes, IVs most definitely should be kept. IVs are basically what make Pokémon Pokémon. The IV is the one DV that basically emphasizes the epitome that each individual Pokémon is unique, a message that's been preached throughout the franchise since day one (and keep in mind, IVs only went 0-15 on day one; they became 0-31 in a third-generation revamp). If IVs get taken away, Pokémon basically becomes a game of cookie-cutter setups; right nature, right stat experience setup, nothing's unique anymore. Taking away IVs will also lower overall stats across the board, in a fashion such as:

-HP of Blissey: 620 before stat experience investment, 683 with maximum stat experience investment
-Attack of Mega Mewtwo X, assuming beneficial nature: 423 before stat experience investment, 492 with maximum stat experience investment
-Defense of Shuckle and Mega Aggron, and Sp.Def of Shuckle, assuming beneficial nature: 511 before stat experience investment, 580 after stat experience investment
-Speed of Deoxys's Speed Form, assuming beneficial nature: 401 before stat experience investment, 470 with maximum stat experience investment
-Sp.Atk of Mega Mewtwo Y, assuming beneficial nature: 432 before stat experience investment, 501 with maximum stat experience investment
-Barring a complete change in the move's mechanics (which admittedly probably would happen if IVs were to somehow be eliminated), Hidden Power would be a 60-power Fighting-type move (Hidden Power has been reliant on the IVs from the moment it was introduced). Prior to the sixth generation, it would have been a 30-power Fighting-type move instead (Vacuum Wave has 10 more power and priority, for the record)...
-Only 27 Pokémon would be capable of making 101 HP Substitutes, as the base stat needed to allow such a strategy would now be 116. (28 Pokémon would be capable, but one of those Pokémon is Wobbuffet, who's unable to learn the move...)

Furthermore, Pokémon as a cookie-cutter RPG would basically discourage diversity from team to team--cookie-cutter setups will encourage people to raise the exact same team, thus encouraging mirror matches. "Six Pokémon in the Ubers tier, everything else is NU"--that's what'll happen if IVs are removed. The lack of diversity the removal of IVs would ultimately encourage would eventually serve to kill the competitive scene, which could eventually result in the destruction of the franchise. Quite ironic how many of the people who want IVs removed are part of the competitive scene and think removing IVs would only benefit it, oblivious to the fact that an environment that encourages lack of diversity and mirror matches is not good for the competitive scene...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#8Great_ReapettePosted 3/8/2014 8:32:07 AM
Yes, yes they should be.

Also, what the hell is so terrible you feel the need to use a false dilemma?
---
Build a man a flame, keep him warm for the rest of the day.
Set a man aflame, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#9Godly_GoofPosted 3/8/2014 8:33:23 AM
I think IVs should stay but I also feel you should be able to manipulate them far easier, much like EVs with Super Training. Would make breeding so much more bearable.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 3/8/2014 8:45:33 AM
I lol'd at the vid.
But seriously, breeding for IVs isn't too bad. Breeding for HIDDEN POWER... Now that's annoying.
And what the heck with the gender ratios of starters?
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF